And now.... yet another Image Host Ignoring DMCA

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • GregE
    Confirmed User
    • Jul 2004
    • 2704

    #1

    And now.... yet another Image Host Ignoring DMCA

    vavvi

    I've sent two properly worded DMCA notices to them, both of which bounced. I've also written to their host worldstream in Holland without effect.

    Any suggestions?

    50/50 lifetime payout - EXCLUSIVE CONTENT - CCBill
    CLiCK here for your Bun Beating Dollars.
  • celandina
    Too lazy to set a custom title
    • Jun 2006
    • 11784

    #2
    Add at the top of your take down notice or e mail subject: " intent to file a law suit"... Works for me. It will work for you if your claim is legit

    Comment

    • GregE
      Confirmed User
      • Jul 2004
      • 2704

      #3
      Originally posted by celandina
      Add at the top of your take down notice or e mail subject: " intent to file a law suit"... Works for me. It will work for you if your claim is legit
      Problem is they never see whatever words are written because all of the Emails bounce.

      50/50 lifetime payout - EXCLUSIVE CONTENT - CCBill
      CLiCK here for your Bun Beating Dollars.

      Comment

      • NickBaer
        Nick Baer
        • Jun 2005
        • 1392

        #4
        Do a WHOIS on the domain name, and send to the e-mail addresses in the WHOIS. All of the e-mail addresses for the site, and the Registrar (usually abuse@...).

        If the mail to the site admin bounces, send a new e-mail to the Registrar (e.g. GoDaddy, enom, usually abuse@...). The Registrar is one of them that you originally sent to, in the same WHOIS report.

        Registrars are obligated to know who their Domain customers are. I report bounces in a second e-mail, to ALL the remaining. Each is a customer of the others, and they all are on the hot seat.



        I also usually do a WHOIS on the "NS.whatever.com", the nameserver, and find their e-mail address as well. The WHOIS should be done on the shortest path, so WHOIS on "whatever.com" not the full "ns.whatever.com". But you can try, and compare results of short and full path.

        The DMCA I send is to everyone on the first try, all in the "To:" field, not "Cc:".


        I did about 6 Friday night, and got action on most of them by Saturday.

        When successful, go back to Google where you found the result listing linking to your content, and file for a removal https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/removals?pli=1 From your Google webmasters account.
        Made my first porno in 1986. Sold my first VHS in 1993. Did my first live Cam in 1994. Coach-Karl.com NickBaerGallery.com I host with MojoHost.com and To Buy or Sell Sites Imagine AI Content

        Comment

        • Suckerpunch
          Confirmed User
          • Jul 2002
          • 1156

          #5
          Originally posted by NickBaer
          If the mail to the site admin bounces, send a new e-mail to the Registrar (e.g. GoDaddy, enom, usually abuse@...). The Registrar is one of them that you originally sent to, in the same WHOIS report.

          Actually I have found that the best option when an email to an admin email address listing in the WHOIS bounces is to file a Whois Inaccruacy Report (most extensions). This will force the Registrar to take action...

          https://forms.icann.org/en/resources...naccuracy-form

          Comment

          • celandina
            Too lazy to set a custom title
            • Jun 2006
            • 11784

            #6
            Originally posted by GregE
            Problem is they never see whatever words are written because all of the Emails bounce.
            You have some good suggestions from folks above...

            Comment

            • GregE
              Confirmed User
              • Jul 2004
              • 2704

              #7
              Thanks to all above. I've begun the above recommended processes

              50/50 lifetime payout - EXCLUSIVE CONTENT - CCBill
              CLiCK here for your Bun Beating Dollars.

              Comment

              • anexsia
                Confirmed User
                • May 2010
                • 5735

                #8
                Originally posted by GregE
                vavvi

                I've sent two properly worded DMCA notices to them, both of which bounced. I've also written to their host worldstream in Holland without effect.

                Any suggestions?
                Since Worldstream is in the Netherlands DMCA laws do not apply there, try following Dutch Notice and Takedown Procedure and sending the proper takedown notice to [email protected]

                Comment

                • GregE
                  Confirmed User
                  • Jul 2004
                  • 2704

                  #9
                  Originally posted by anexsia
                  Since Worldstream is in the Netherlands DMCA laws do not apply there, try following Dutch Notice and Takedown Procedure and sending the proper takedown notice to [email protected]
                  Are there any examples of properly worded Dutch takedown notices (in English) on the web? I've googled around a bit but I have yet to find one.

                  50/50 lifetime payout - EXCLUSIVE CONTENT - CCBill
                  CLiCK here for your Bun Beating Dollars.

                  Comment

                  • GregE
                    Confirmed User
                    • Jul 2004
                    • 2704

                    #10
                    Originally posted by GregE
                    Are there any examples of properly worded Dutch takedown notices (in English) on the web? I've googled around a bit but I have yet to find one.
                    It would seem that no such animal exists, eh?

                    Perhaps our predecessors should have let Hitler keep Holland

                    50/50 lifetime payout - EXCLUSIVE CONTENT - CCBill
                    CLiCK here for your Bun Beating Dollars.

                    Comment

                    • celandina
                      Too lazy to set a custom title
                      • Jun 2006
                      • 11784

                      #11
                      There is Dutch take down notice equivalent.

                      Comment

                      • GregE
                        Confirmed User
                        • Jul 2004
                        • 2704

                        #12
                        Originally posted by NickBaer
                        Do a WHOIS on the domain name, and send to the e-mail addresses in the WHOIS. All of the e-mail addresses for the site, and the Registrar (usually abuse@...).

                        If the mail to the site admin bounces, send a new e-mail to the Registrar (e.g. GoDaddy, enom, usually abuse@...). The Registrar is one of them that you originally sent to, in the same WHOIS report.

                        Registrars are obligated to know who their Domain customers are. I report bounces in a second e-mail, to ALL the remaining. Each is a customer of the others, and they all are on the hot seat.
                        Thanks!

                        I have a new one that I'm dealing with now

                        In this case, there's no contact info whatsoever on the website. So I did a WHOIS and then sent DMCAs to the posted yahoo Email address. Not surprisingly, those Emails were simply ignored.

                        Cloudflare then directed me to the supposed actual host..... who, upon being contacted, promptly denied being the current host.

                        Checkmate?

                        50/50 lifetime payout - EXCLUSIVE CONTENT - CCBill
                        CLiCK here for your Bun Beating Dollars.

                        Comment

                        Working...