Pay Pal as a payment gateway?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • fonsolo
    Confirmed User
    • Nov 2012
    • 135

    #1

    Pay Pal as a payment gateway?

    I know Paypal doesn't deal with adult sites, but I also know that they will provide there services so long as your site doesn't have any nudity. What I would like to know is what the rule of thumb would be to use it as a payment portal for a non-nude adult site? Do you think that potential customers might be turned away when they find you deal with Paypal or would this be a non-issue? Also, what would be a better alternative that WOULDN"T require a Vise activation fee, but also allow nudity, should I choose to include it on my site in the future? Thanks in advance!
  • JesseQuinn
    feeding the wolves
    • Aug 2012
    • 6695

    #2
    with paypal you take so many chances...I wouldn't risk it unless you already have secondary processor in place to switch over to when paypal inevitably freezes your account. Alot of 'adult' material doesn't contain nudity (fetish, etc) so having a non-nude site won't necessarily protect you. Paypal really does freeze first, ask questions later :/

    look into zombaio. If you do a search of gfy there's a bunch of threads about them. I'm having a payment issue with them right now but I've used them as a sub-account for years and never had an issue getting paid. They are a 'third party processor', which means that you can accept visa/mastercard without having to pay upfront fees.

    if I was you I'd find a long term solution even if you do decide to go with paypal. Having a site with no payment processing isn't worth much, and with paypal you have no control over whether they decide to freeze you. With zombaio you have a clear set of rules; stay within those and you don't have to worry. They are adult-friendly

    good luck either way
    throwing molotav cocktails at the precinct

    Comment

    • JamesM
      Confirmed User
      • Nov 2012
      • 732

      #3
      Originally posted by JesseQuinn
      with paypal you take so many chances...I wouldn't risk it unless you already have secondary processor in place to switch over to when paypal inevitably freezes your account. Alot of 'adult' material doesn't contain nudity (fetish, etc) so having a non-nude site won't necessarily protect you. Paypal really does freeze first, ask questions later :/

      look into zombaio. If you do a search of gfy there's a bunch of threads about them. I'm having a payment issue with them right now but I've used them as a sub-account for years and never had an issue getting paid. They are a 'third party processor', which means that you can accept visa/mastercard without having to pay upfront fees.

      if I was you I'd find a long term solution even if you do decide to go with paypal. Having a site with no payment processing isn't worth much, and with paypal you have no control over whether they decide to freeze you. With zombaio you have a clear set of rules; stay within those and you don't have to worry. They are adult-friendly

      good luck either way
      well said .,

      plus i would like to add more.

      there are few other 3rd party credit card processing companies like
      verotel
      segpay

      thought i am not sure with segpay about upfront visa fee .

      Thanks


      Ex GF Films | Grab Dollars
      Up To 80% Rev-Share | 255 Day Cookie | Legal Content | Variety of Promo Tools | CCBill Program | GF Niche
      james[at]grabdollars[dot]com | ICQ::611-99-zero-zero-20

      Comment

      • fonsolo
        Confirmed User
        • Nov 2012
        • 135

        #4
        Originally posted by JesseQuinn
        with paypal you take so many chances...I wouldn't risk it unless you already have secondary processor in place to switch over to when paypal inevitably freezes your account. Alot of 'adult' material doesn't contain nudity (fetish, etc) so having a non-nude site won't necessarily protect you. Paypal really does freeze first, ask questions later :/

        look into zombaio. If you do a search of gfy there's a bunch of threads about them. I'm having a payment issue with them right now but I've used them as a sub-account for years and never had an issue getting paid. They are a 'third party processor', which means that you can accept visa/mastercard without having to pay upfront fees.

        if I was you I'd find a long term solution even if you do decide to go with paypal. Having a site with no payment processing isn't worth much, and with paypal you have no control over whether they decide to freeze you. With zombaio you have a clear set of rules; stay within those and you don't have to worry. They are adult-friendly

        good luck either way
        Originally posted by JamesM
        well said .,

        plus i would like to add more.

        there are few other 3rd party credit card processing companies like
        verotel
        segpay

        thought i am not sure with segpay about upfront visa fee .

        Thanks
        Thank you both for your advice! I have heard of Zambaio and was accuatally about to sign up with them recently. Can I assume that both Verotel and Segpay allow adult content as well? And I use the aMember Pro script for my subs, do either of you know if it would be easy to migrate my current members or if migration would even be necessary?

        Comment

        • KGucci
          Confirmed User
          • Jun 2004
          • 653

          #5
          Originally posted by fonsolo
          Thank you both for your advice! I have heard of Zambaio and was accuatally about to sign up with them recently. Can I assume that both Verotel and Segpay allow adult content as well? And I use the aMember Pro script for my subs, do either of you know if it would be easy to migrate my current members or if migration would even be necessary?
          Hi Fonsolo ~ We can process for adult content at SegPay. Our tech support team can assist with any aMember script concerns. Feel free to hit me up

          www.SegPay.com
          KGreer at SegPay dot com
          Skype: kgucci

          Comment

          • fonsolo
            Confirmed User
            • Nov 2012
            • 135

            #6
            Thanks KGucci, does Segpay require a Visa merchant fee?

            Comment

            • KGucci
              Confirmed User
              • Jun 2004
              • 653

              #7
              Originally posted by fonsolo
              Thanks KGucci, does Segpay require a Visa merchant fee?
              Yes, we do charge the Visa fee for US and Canadian merchants.

              www.SegPay.com
              KGreer at SegPay dot com
              Skype: kgucci

              Comment

              • fonsolo
                Confirmed User
                • Nov 2012
                • 135

                #8
                Oh, I see. That's actually the reason I was looking for an alternative processor, to avoid the Visa merchant fee.

                Comment

                Working...