Crappy TLDs

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • allofthegold
    Registered User
    • Apr 2012
    • 4

    #1

    Crappy TLDs

    Hi all. I'm curious about people's opinions on launching a site with a "lesser" domain extension: .cc, .io, .tc, .vg, and the like. There's tons of them. A lot of hip startups in the mainstream sector seem to be starting to move away from the ".com is king" attitude, although it's still fairly prevalent. Being new to the adult scene, I get the impression that you kind of need to stick with .com or at least .net or the more common extensions.

    Why is this? It seems that the vast majority of traffic for adult sites is from various sources other than type-in urls. Is this correct? And if so would the TLD matter much? Is it just so hard to remember these things that they suck for domain names, or is it just sort of a mindless convention that you only get .coms?

    In the past month I registered twat.cc and a two-letter common abbreviation .cm domain. I understand these probably aren't worth more than the price I paid for them, but it's not like no one buys these TLDs
    and if you're going to buy random .cc domain names, I would think the 4 letter synonyms for genitalia would be snatched up as soon as anything.

    On a related note, is there some list somewhere of which TLDs are porn friendly vs the ones that will eventually try to shut you down? I find this you often have to go digging to figure this out for a given tld.

    Looking forward to any opinions on the subject.

    EDIT: one more sort of off subject thing: I'm still new here, Is this the right forum for this type of question? It seems too businessy for the fucking around forum and too adulty for the the mainstream biz forum.
    Last edited by allofthegold; 08-02-2012, 08:12 AM.
    ICQ#: 637974913
  • Markul
    Likes Pie
    • Dec 2007
    • 12407

    #2
    Yea right forum. Personally I wouldn't bother with anything but .com or maybe .org

    Unless I was building a brand
    But.... I pulled out...

    Comment

    • datingfactory.xxx
      Confirmed User
      • Feb 2012
      • 289

      #3
      My best performing sexdatingsite is a two letter .nu domain!
      kk.nu
      I think that "two letter.anyTLD´s" are so easy to remember that they will perform good!

      Should work out with "exelent.domainname.anytld" also, so there are lots of great unregistered domains still!
      Skype: medlem1

      Adult white label dating from datingfactory.

      Comment

      • wtwsl
        Registered User
        • Aug 2012
        • 10

        #4
        Lol. Look how popular kat.ph is!

        Comment

        • Yo Adrian
          Confirmed User
          • Apr 2002
          • 6326

          #5
          .com is still king, net and org are good alternatives.. I personally ignore the rest. Other tld's get popular, but if you check the serps of any competitive phrase you won't find much variety.
          Adult SEO Partners - Full service Adult SEO Agency serving some of the biggest names in the industry.

          Comment

          • Kostly
            Confirmed User
            • Oct 2011
            • 474

            #6
            I have no experience with anything but .com's so I will offer my opinion as if it matters... LOL
            Slippery Onion - Upload Images for Free Backlinks
            Our Kinky Life - Our Adult Sites

            Comment

            Working...