Lately I've been using Skype to call a cell phone from my computer? how much bandwidth does it use? anyone have an idea?
How much bandwidth does skype use?
Collapse
X
-
For just sound <64kbit/sec probably...
if you are using video, much more...Custom Software Development, email: woj#at#wojfun#.#com to discuss details or skype: wojl2000 or gchat: wojfun or telegram: wojl2000
Affiliate program tools: Hosted Galleries Manager Banner Manager Video Manager
Wordpress Affiliate Plugin Pic/Movie of the Day Fansign Generator Zip Manager -
Useful adult webmaster links -
Alphabetical list of solo models with webcam
Stats on my best converting affiliate programs - camgirlshide webmaster blog
complete list of affiliate programs I use.Comment
-
Skype doesn't use any of the more compressed codecs for phone calls. Unless they changed it since the last time I tested it a few years ago it uses about 85kbps both ways for phone calls.
That is most likely the 64k mentioned above plus another 15 or 20kbps for the "wrapper".- As soon as I think up a good sig it's going here.Comment

Comment