When did you start using the Internet?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SexualDragon
    Confirmed User
    • Aug 2006
    • 3038

    #1

    When did you start using the Internet?

    For me, it was back when AOL was on floppy and the version was 1.2. CD was an option to be sent to you via mail other than floppy.

    The computer was a P100



    What about you?
    Make 2009 a great year with Tiffany Preston
    436-127-934
  • cranki
    Confirmed User
    • Feb 2005
    • 5162

    #2

    Comment

    • jonesonyou
      Confirmed User
      • Sep 2003
      • 3853

      #3
      I remember going to a friends who was addicted to the aol chatrooms The first time I was introduced. Long time ago.

      Completely Real Amateur girls doing awesome things! Signup to promote Nebraskacoeds Today!

      Hit me up on ICQ/AIM 473324556/jasonnecoeds for exclusive content to promote with! And any ?'s

      Comment

      • Scott McD
        Too lazy to set a custom title
        • Nov 2002
        • 67792

        #4
        Memories of dial-up still haunt me...


        I Buy My High Quality Traffic Here, You Should Too!

        Comment

        • tranza
          ICQ: 197-556-237
          • Jun 2003
          • 57559

          #5
          I used it on the first day it was available here in Brazil.
          I'm just a newbie.

          Comment

          • MikesTraffic
            Confirmed User
            • Jan 2006
            • 1992

            #6
            Pentium II 233 with MMX technology. First thing I did on the internet was try to look at the spice girls naked......I think I was like 12?
            Fortinet GURU

            Comment

            • StarkReality
              Confirmed User
              • May 2004
              • 4444

              #7
              Originally posted by Scott McD
              Memories of dial-up still haunt me...
              Yep, same here...but monetizing traffic was much easier

              Comment

              • OTerror
                Confirmed User
                • Aug 2005
                • 2527

                #8
                back when aol proggers owned the scene
                ICQ 424142850

                Comment

                • CuriousToyBoy
                  Crazy Aussie Bastard
                  • Aug 2005
                  • 16787

                  #9
                  What time is it now ?

                  ;-)
                  Celebs
                  Adult Who's Who ==> Ambush Interview ==> ICQ 293 070 684 ==> intmarpacrim AT gmail DOT com

                  Comment

                  • klinton
                    So Fucking Banned
                    • Apr 2003
                    • 8766

                    #10
                    1998......

                    Comment

                    • GatorB
                      The Demon & 12clicks
                      • Oct 2001
                      • 18208

                      #11
                      Late 1999. I was 30. Almost 31.

                      Comment

                      • Redmanthatcould
                        Confirmed User
                        • Dec 2006
                        • 2771

                        #12
                        I helped Al Gore invent the internet, but I never get any credit for it.

                        Comment

                        • dynastoned
                          mmm yeah!
                          • Feb 2005
                          • 5061

                          #13
                          94 or 95 i can't remember..

                          Comment

                          • BobG
                            Confirmed User
                            • Nov 2003
                            • 4274

                            #14
                            94/95 i think

                            Comment

                            • cool1
                              sex is good
                              • Sep 2001
                              • 24939

                              #15
                              got on the net in 1996 when I was in university. Didn't take more than a day or 2 and I was hooked.
                              dail up was so slow back then, today when I look back, I wonder how everyone managed.

                              Comment

                              • sexxxydesign.com
                                Confirmed User
                                • Feb 2005
                                • 1281

                                #16
                                september 30th 1996.. the same day i got my first modem

                                Quality Adult Design
                                www.sexxxydesign.com
                                ICQ 322-815-380

                                Comment

                                • Webby
                                  Too lazy to set a custom title
                                  • Oct 2002
                                  • 14956

                                  #17
                                  Mmm.. can't remember. Prob around 93 ish - the only thing worth using it for was software/programming tech boards.
                                  XXX TLD's - Another mosquito to swat.

                                  Comment

                                  • modF
                                    Confirmed User
                                    • Aug 2002
                                    • 1888

                                    #18
                                    Originally posted by SexualDragon
                                    For me, it was back when AOL was on floppy and the version was 1.2. CD was an option to be sent to you via mail other than floppy.

                                    The computer was a P100



                                    What about you?
                                    I *paid* for the Prodigy startup kit from EggHead software... Prior to that it was all about the WWIV, PCBoard, SpitFire BBS's.

                                    I do things
                                    skype:themodF

                                    Comment

                                    • Lukke
                                      Confirmed User
                                      • Sep 2005
                                      • 746

                                      #19
                                      Since 1997.

                                      Comment

                                      • Minte
                                        Babemeister
                                        • Jun 2001
                                        • 7082

                                        #20
                                        I remember when Mosaic came out. I ran it on a compaq 386/20. It was in the early 90's..probably 1993
                                        You might not be as anonymous as you think you are.

                                        Comment

                                        • Bro Media - BANNED FOR LIFE
                                          MOBILE PORN: IMOBILEPORN
                                          • Jan 2004
                                          • 16502

                                          #21
                                          January 1999

                                          Comment

                                          • stickyfingerz
                                            Doin fine
                                            • Oct 2005
                                            • 24984

                                            #22

                                            Comment

                                            • bns666
                                              Confirmed Fetishist
                                              • Mar 2005
                                              • 11549

                                              #23
                                              here is me coming up with my first tgp gallery:

                                              ⭐ CAM SODA ⭐ STRIPCHAT ⭐
                                              ⭐ CHATURBATE ⭐ X LOVE CAM ⭐

                                              Comment

                                              • Kard63
                                                Confirmed User
                                                • Nov 2003
                                                • 8944

                                                #24
                                                1992 for me.

                                                Comment

                                                • aico
                                                  Moo Moo Cow
                                                  • Mar 2004
                                                  • 14748

                                                  #25
                                                  Used to hack Commodore 64 games and run a Pirate BBS with some friends. That was in the 80's.

                                                  First online community I was on was Prodigy. 25 cents per email!!! lol
                                                  Last edited by aico; 05-14-2007, 03:28 PM.

                                                  Comment

                                                  • Barefootsies
                                                    Choice is an Illusion
                                                    • Feb 2005
                                                    • 42635

                                                    #26
                                                    Back before the internet when it was dialing into BBS's, and shit of that nature. Prolly late 80's.
                                                    Should You Email Your Members?

                                                    Link1 | Link2 | Link3

                                                    Enough Said.

                                                    "Would you rather live like a king for a year or like a prince forever?"

                                                    Comment

                                                    • BusterBunny
                                                      perverted justice decoy
                                                      • Aug 2005
                                                      • 19291

                                                      #27
                                                      5 minutes after headless invented it
                                                      my sig caught gonoherpasyphilaids and died

                                                      Comment

                                                      • EBORG9
                                                        Confirmed User
                                                        • Oct 2006
                                                        • 1823

                                                        #28
                                                        Right around when 56k was considered, "OMG Lightning Speed! How will they top that?"

                                                        Me: "OMG 56k! If I don't get a computer now, I will be the only one left behind!"

                                                        Comment

                                                        • Cyber Fucker
                                                          Hmm
                                                          • Sep 2005
                                                          • 12642

                                                          #29
                                                          2 years and 3 months ago... I'm probably the last person on this board who has started to use it I am dead serious

                                                          Comment

                                                          • Cyber Fucker
                                                            Hmm
                                                            • Sep 2005
                                                            • 12642

                                                            #30
                                                            but fuck the last shall be first ...supposedly

                                                            Comment

                                                            • sniperwolf
                                                              Too lazy to set a custom title
                                                              • Mar 2005
                                                              • 17743

                                                              #31
                                                              back when i was in high school, late 90's
                                                              ~Accepting design works~

                                                              Comment

                                                              • NaughtyRob
                                                                Two fresh affiliate progs
                                                                • Nov 2004
                                                                • 29602

                                                                #32
                                                                AOL 1.7 in I think 1995.
                                                                [email protected]
                                                                Skype: 17026955414
                                                                Vacares Web Hosting - Protect Your Ass with Included Daily Backups

                                                                Comment

                                                                • nico-t
                                                                  emperor of my world
                                                                  • Aug 2004
                                                                  • 29901

                                                                  #33
                                                                  dont remember

                                                                  Comment

                                                                  • RawAlex
                                                                    So Fucking Banned
                                                                    • Oct 2003
                                                                    • 9465

                                                                    #34
                                                                    First dialup connect was, let me see... 1978 or 1979. 110 baud with a thermal paper terminal connecting to an HP2000 mini computer.

                                                                    First internet account? Hmmm. Not sure, but my first account was with cam.org in montreal, they started in 1990, and I got in pretty early.

                                                                    Comment

                                                                    • madawgz
                                                                      8.8.8.8
                                                                      • Mar 2006
                                                                      • 30509

                                                                      #35
                                                                      when i was 11 i think i stated surfing the web
                                                                      TAEMDLRMSKRJIXMRLSMRJ.

                                                                      Comment

                                                                      • SomeCreep
                                                                        :glugglug
                                                                        • Mar 2003
                                                                        • 26118

                                                                        #36
                                                                        I started surfing the internet regularly back in nineteen hundred and ninety six.

                                                                        Webair Hosting

                                                                        I use and recommend Webair for hosting.

                                                                        Comment

                                                                        • D
                                                                          Confirmed User
                                                                          • Jan 2006
                                                                          • 7412

                                                                          #37
                                                                          Early 90's. 92, I think.

                                                                          A buddy of mine bought a connect and integrated it into his BBS. We were Fingering into the night!
                                                                          -D.
                                                                          ICQ: 202-96-31

                                                                          Comment

                                                                          • BlackCrayon
                                                                            Too lazy to set a custom title
                                                                            • Jun 2003
                                                                            • 19634

                                                                            #38
                                                                            back in 96-97 my dads friend had the net and i would fuck around in the chat rooms and look up info on bands online, listen to midis, lol. then in 98 my parents got the net and less than 6 months i was making my first attempts at making money from porn sites.
                                                                            Last edited by BlackCrayon; 05-14-2007, 05:12 PM.
                                                                            you don't know you're wearing a leash if you sit by the peg all day..

                                                                            Comment

                                                                            • nation-x
                                                                              Confirmed User
                                                                              • Mar 2004
                                                                              • 5370

                                                                              #39
                                                                              bbs in 91... started with aol in 95

                                                                              Comment

                                                                              • gornyhuy
                                                                                Chafed.
                                                                                • May 2002
                                                                                • 18041

                                                                                #40
                                                                                BBS over the phone - approximately Christmas 1983 after I got my first 300 baud modem for my C64 and overclocked it up to 450 baud!

                                                                                First "real" email was 1989
                                                                                First unix shit - (talk, ftp, muds, gopher, archie) 1990
                                                                                First Interwebs - late 1993

                                                                                icq:159548293

                                                                                Comment

                                                                                • Spunky
                                                                                  I need a beer
                                                                                  • Jun 2002
                                                                                  • 133978

                                                                                  #41
                                                                                  Back in 99..started with MSN and Yahoo

                                                                                  Comment

                                                                                  • stickyfingerz
                                                                                    Doin fine
                                                                                    • Oct 2005
                                                                                    • 24984

                                                                                    #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by madawgz
                                                                                    when i was 11 i think i stated surfing the web
                                                                                    So only for 3 years then? Noob...

                                                                                    Comment

                                                                                    • Bill8
                                                                                      Confirmed User
                                                                                      • Oct 2001
                                                                                      • 1901

                                                                                      #43
                                                                                      Usenet and mailists in '89.

                                                                                      BBSes before that.

                                                                                      I was sysop of a waffle bbs with a usenet feed from 90 to 94.

                                                                                      Comment

                                                                                      • MandyBlake
                                                                                        The one and only!
                                                                                        • Nov 2002
                                                                                        • 17761

                                                                                        #44
                                                                                        i started using the internet when i went off to college in the fall of 97.
                                                                                        Mandy's Playhouse
                                                                                        Her First Fat Girl
                                                                                        If you're interested in promoting my sites, ICQ me! 178411921

                                                                                        Comment

                                                                                        • d-null
                                                                                          . . .
                                                                                          • Apr 2007
                                                                                          • 13724

                                                                                          #45
                                                                                          early 94 with a shell account

                                                                                          late 80's on bbs's before I was on internet

                                                                                          __________________

                                                                                          Looking for a custom TUBE SCRIPT that supports massive traffic, load balancing, billing support, and h264 encoding? Hit up Konrad!
                                                                                          Looking for designs for your websites or custom tubesite design? Hit up Zuzana Designs
                                                                                          Check out the #1 WordPress SEO Plugin: CyberSEO Suite

                                                                                          Comment

                                                                                          • Sarah_Jayne
                                                                                            Now with more Jayne
                                                                                            • Dec 2002
                                                                                            • 40077

                                                                                            #46
                                                                                            Finals week in my second year in high school, I had an AOL disk with a free 10 hours, I was off school early and nobody was home to watch. So, I put it in and the next thing I knew I was done my 10 hours...later that month they delivered the phonebill in four envelopes and my mother nearly killed me - that was 1993 and there weren't any local numbers to us so I had been calling Philly for 10 hours at a time. This still gets mentioned by my mother from time to time.

                                                                                            Luckily, after that I discovered local BBSes and that was my real home until the web - still miss the feel of an old BBS too.

                                                                                            Comment

                                                                                            • d-null
                                                                                              . . .
                                                                                              • Apr 2007
                                                                                              • 13724

                                                                                              #47
                                                                                              I'm remembering back and wasn't AOL more just a big bbs than an internet portal until more recently when they realized they had to change to the internet? It seems like a long time ago now thinking back....

                                                                                              and remember those silly web tv things that some people got?

                                                                                              __________________

                                                                                              Looking for a custom TUBE SCRIPT that supports massive traffic, load balancing, billing support, and h264 encoding? Hit up Konrad!
                                                                                              Looking for designs for your websites or custom tubesite design? Hit up Zuzana Designs
                                                                                              Check out the #1 WordPress SEO Plugin: CyberSEO Suite

                                                                                              Comment

                                                                                              • TBrown
                                                                                                Confirmed User
                                                                                                • Oct 2006
                                                                                                • 1519

                                                                                                #48
                                                                                                mid 90's



                                                                                                mcbrown

                                                                                                Comment

                                                                                                • D
                                                                                                  Confirmed User
                                                                                                  • Jan 2006
                                                                                                  • 7412

                                                                                                  #49
                                                                                                  Oh ya... early 90's for the "internet"...

                                                                                                  But I've been exchanging data between computers via modem since the late 70's.
                                                                                                  -D.
                                                                                                  ICQ: 202-96-31

                                                                                                  Comment

                                                                                                  • FlowerKid
                                                                                                    Confirmed User
                                                                                                    • Sep 2005
                                                                                                    • 1045

                                                                                                    #50
                                                                                                    My first contact with the internet was in 1995 with a text based VT220 terminal connected to a VAX system. I was able to connect to BBS's using telnet and download girls using FTP or the lynx browser :-)

                                                                                                    Comment

                                                                                                    Working...