SEO question ( image naming )

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • moneybiz
    So Fucking Banned
    • Sep 2004
    • 1391

    #1

    SEO question ( image naming )

    Is it a key factor how your images are named? Do the spyders look at how images are named?
  • 2012
    So Fucking What
    • Jul 2006
    • 17189

    #2
    Originally posted by moneybiz
    Is it a key factor how your images are named? Do the spyders look at how images are named?
    yes
    best host: Webair | best sponsor: Kink | best coder: 688218966 | Go Fuck Yourself

    Comment

    • baddog
      So Fucking Banned
      • Apr 2001
      • 107089

      #3
      it is all the spiders do see . .. . I hope you are talking about alt tags

      Comment

      • XVNAndrew
        Registered User
        • Aug 2006
        • 91

        #4
        moneybiz,

        Yes. Image tags (unless called dynamically) are easily crawled by search engine bots. But there are definitely more important elements that influence SEO, like these:

        Search Engine Ranking Factors

        Good luck!
        ::XVN:: Premium Adult Content

        Comment

        • Vick!
          Confirmed User
          • Nov 2005
          • 6882

          #5
          Originally posted by moneybiz
          Is it a key factor how your images are named? Do the spyders look at how images are named?
          yes, image names are important in two ways.

          1) Though they are not as important as ALT tags, but still keyword in the name counts.

          2) When visitor use Google Images to search for specific image, name of the image play important role in locating.
          I get approx 15-20% if my traffic from google images.

          For example, search 'logo' in google images and you see a lot of logos -- Check their ALT tags, they are missing. But in file name most of the images have word 'logo'

          So, its another important factor in getting traffic from google images and may be increase relevancy of page for a specific keyword a bit.
          Affordable Quality Web Hosting

          Comment

          • moneybiz
            So Fucking Banned
            • Sep 2004
            • 1391

            #6
            Originally posted by Vick!
            yes, image names are important in two ways.

            1) Though they are not as important as ALT tags, but still keyword in the name counts.

            2) When visitor use Google Images to search for specific image, name of the image play important role in locating.
            I get approx 15-20% if my traffic from google images.

            For example, search 'logo' in google images and you see a lot of logos -- Check their ALT tags, they are missing. But in file name most of the images have word 'logo'

            So, its another important factor in getting traffic from google images and may be increase relevancy of page for a specific keyword a bit.
            yes but is the traffic worth anything?

            Comment

            • The Walrus
              So Fucking Banned
              • Mar 2007
              • 898

              #7
              Originally posted by moneybiz
              yes but is the traffic worth anything?
              Any traffic is worth something, even if it makes you a Zango cocksucker or some other auto installing fool. You can do alot even with smelly logs of shit. Redirect it with a well written htacess 401 or 404 trap and you are golden. I redirect to the Star Magazine, Enquirer, Maxim, FHM website on my sites with a layover of Reality Cash. Yes the end up reading Star first most of the time, but on the end my layover will at least sell a trial. Mind you, I when I say Star magazine, Enquirer, FHM etc. (which are some of the major tabloids & magazines here in the US) I mean tabloids & magazines in general. For instance:

              Christina Aquilera in Maxim. I swap out Star magazine and add Maxim. This is the buzz for this minute. Surfer gets enticed by the teaser that Maxim is offering and reads on, looks one, whatever. Affilliate account with my mag sponsor, popping a Celeb aff proggie. Buzz makes sense. Will always sell something.

              Comment

              • baddog
                So Fucking Banned
                • Apr 2001
                • 107089

                #8
                Originally posted by moneybiz
                yes but is the traffic worth anything?
                I can't believe you started this thread, then came up with that response.

                Comment

                • flashfreak
                  Confirmed User
                  • Jun 2002
                  • 4396

                  #9
                  Originally posted by moneybiz
                  yes but is the traffic worth anything?
                  anything from google is worth something.
                  SEO Mogul | ICQ: 163671223

                  Comment

                  • moneybiz
                    So Fucking Banned
                    • Sep 2004
                    • 1391

                    #10
                    Originally posted by baddog
                    I can't believe you started this thread, then came up with that response.

                    heh, well I cant imagine google IMAGE traffic being worth anything. But in I am sure any help to google will help my site. Thanks to all who replyed.

                    Comment

                    • moneybiz
                      So Fucking Banned
                      • Sep 2004
                      • 1391

                      #11
                      Originally posted by baddog
                      I can't believe you started this thread, then came up with that response.
                      Well reason for my ignorance is I started a new site, and to make the site look clean. I used zero text on my site, just used graphics. However its going to have a ton of inbound links. I have worked with seo for many years never once thought how my images were named.

                      So how do you make a site with 0 text and just graphics seo friendly?

                      Meta tags are useless these days. Title still works well, but since my site has zero text on it. I am resulting to renaming my images to my keywords.



                      I am willing to pay for seo advice too for anyone who understands my problem and can solve it.

                      Comment

                      • moneybiz
                        So Fucking Banned
                        • Sep 2004
                        • 1391

                        #12
                        epass/ paypal

                        Comment

                        • wyldworx
                          So Fucking Banned
                          • Dec 2006
                          • 5144

                          #13
                          Originally posted by The Walrus
                          Any traffic is worth something, even if it makes you a Zango cocksucker or some other auto installing fool. You can do alot even with smelly logs of shit. Redirect it with a well written htacess 401 or 404 trap and you are golden. I redirect to the Star Magazine, Enquirer, Maxim, FHM website on my sites with a layover of Reality Cash. Yes the end up reading Star first most of the time, but on the end my layover will at least sell a trial. Mind you, I when I say Star magazine, Enquirer, FHM etc. (which are some of the major tabloids & magazines here in the US) I mean tabloids & magazines in general. For instance:

                          Christina Aquilera in Maxim. I swap out Star magazine and add Maxim. This is the buzz for this minute. Surfer gets enticed by the teaser that Maxim is offering and reads on, looks one, whatever. Affilliate account with my mag sponsor, popping a Celeb aff proggie. Buzz makes sense. Will always sell something.
                          some really great points have been reached in this thread but I think this one here has given me the most food for thought. A bit riddled, but I get the drift...

                          Comment

                          • The Walrus
                            So Fucking Banned
                            • Mar 2007
                            • 898

                            #14
                            Originally posted by moneybiz
                            heh, well I cant imagine google IMAGE traffic being worth anything. But in I am sure any help to google will help my site. Thanks to all who replyed.
                            Don't allow images.google.com to display your fucking pictures. You are indexed. They will get the little preview picture in the top frame and your page does not load in the lower frame. Well, apparently they liked that picture enough to grab it from the main index of their search (let's just say big tits for keyword). Google has a thumb cached, but you have your site setup with your htaccess to deny requests from there (images.google.com). You already know you are getting hits otherwise you would not be making a thread.

                            They do not see your page load and either A) assume you have a slow fucking server and click the cached snapshot of the pic hoping that will load quicker than your page or B) think the page has been deleted but not the picture so they still click hoping to get their jollies for even a nanosecond or C) have no fucking clue what the fuck they are doing anyway, just found Google images and see a snapshot of some big sexy tits and will click all fucking day just for the sheer fact that they are noob retards.

                            This is where you get them with your htaccess written properly. I am getting tired of typing and I am having the feeling that you are very new to this game and not understanding the help people are trying to give you. This post may not even make sense to you. If it was earlier I would search for an example but with this sentence I am done.

                            Peace.

                            Comment

                            • Vick!
                              Confirmed User
                              • Nov 2005
                              • 6882

                              #15
                              Originally posted by moneybiz
                              yes but is the traffic worth anything?
                              For me, yes. That traffic is worth.
                              Affordable Quality Web Hosting

                              Comment

                              • baddog
                                So Fucking Banned
                                • Apr 2001
                                • 107089

                                #16
                                Originally posted by moneybiz
                                Well reason for my ignorance is I started a new site, and to make the site look clean. I used zero text on my site, just used graphics. However its going to have a ton of inbound links. I have worked with seo for many years never once thought how my images were named.

                                So how do you make a site with 0 text and just graphics seo friendly?

                                Meta tags are useless these days. Title still works well, but since my site has zero text on it. I am resulting to renaming my images to my keywords.



                                I am willing to pay for seo advice too for anyone who understands my problem and can solve it.
                                Meta tags are not worthless, and if you are using graphics use alt tags . . . .and not just picture.jpg . . . relevant keywords

                                Comment

                                • SmokeyTheBear
                                  ►SouthOfHeaven
                                  • Jun 2004
                                  • 28609

                                  #17
                                  Originally posted by baddog
                                  it is all the spiders do see . .. . I hope you are talking about alt tags
                                  depends on the se..

                                  I have written script thas read more than just alt tags..

                                  many of them use alt tags , filename and exif data
                                  hatisblack at yahoo.com

                                  Comment

                                  • The Walrus
                                    So Fucking Banned
                                    • Mar 2007
                                    • 898

                                    #18
                                    Originally posted by baddog
                                    Meta tags are not worthless, and if you are using graphics use alt tags . . . .and not just picture.jpg . . . relevant keywords
                                    Listen to this man. He knows his business. And his business involves no monkeys.

                                    Comment

                                    • SmokeyTheBear
                                      ►SouthOfHeaven
                                      • Jun 2004
                                      • 28609

                                      #19
                                      Originally posted by moneybiz


                                      I am willing to pay for seo advice too for anyone who understands my problem and can solve it.
                                      some free advice.... dont use just images you can still have the page be viewed as images but use keywords "stuffing" to associate your pages.. google doesnt seem to mind it as long as your using it properly..

                                      Ill show you how to keyword stuff for images rich pages without getting banned.. view any youtube video you will notice some links under the videos that show who links to the videos.. you cant see the text until you open the hidden panel , google doesnt seem to mind you doing this as long as your not hiding it.. so thats what i suggest is having a stashed div box with some keyword rich descriptions/tags and such that can be opened by people as well ( remember there are blind people on the net 2
                                      hatisblack at yahoo.com

                                      Comment

                                      • The Walrus
                                        So Fucking Banned
                                        • Mar 2007
                                        • 898

                                        #20
                                        Originally posted by SmokeyTheBear
                                        depends on the se..

                                        I have written script thas read more than just alt tags..

                                        many of them use alt tags , filename and exif data
                                        Do all of these things and your page is rich and slamming. I hear what you are saying,but just have a script that dumps alt tags, titles, keywords, etc. in the same realm and watch MSN joins start flowing in like Niagra Falls.

                                        And a small tip for those that are SEOing. If you are creating pages that are keyword direct (such as cock for example) have a nice large and bold exit link that says something along the lines of Exit Cock Webpage or Leave Cock Site

                                        Color the hyperlink something different as well and direct it to 4 subdirectories deep, each folder being named the same keyword as you are tring to get so it would be yoursitedotcom/cock/cock/cock/cock/cock.html or some derivative of.

                                        Listen to me or don't. The choice is yours. This is your Google Pray

                                        GL all

                                        Comment

                                        • TeenCat
                                          Too lazy to set a koala
                                          • Jan 2007
                                          • 16131

                                          #21
                                          thank you guys, really very interesting! and can someone tell me if "alt" does the same as "title" ? or is better to have both tags in code? thank you much, i love people on gfy!

                                          6bot
                                          / Coming again very soon!
                                          Svit Zlin Radio 24/7!

                                          Comment

                                          • RedShoe
                                            赤い靴 call me 202-456-1111
                                            • Feb 2001
                                            • 14831

                                            #22
                                            Originally posted by moneybiz
                                            yes but is the traffic worth anything?
                                            Fuck no! Don't listen to these jackasses. It's useless. Might as well just send it to me. (please try to target your shitty SE traffic for Interracial before sending it to me, mmmkay? Thanks.)

                                            SPECIALTY COSTUMES • PROPS • FX
                                            Superheroes • Monsters • Robots
                                            PM for details


                                            For any manufacturing needs. Adult or otherwise.

                                            aka BonsHigh on Insta
                                            Bonsai weed plants


                                            Comment

                                            • The Walrus
                                              So Fucking Banned
                                              • Mar 2007
                                              • 898

                                              #23
                                              Originally posted by TeenCat
                                              thank you guys, really very interesting! and can someone tell me if "alt" does the same as "title" ? or is better to have both tags in code? thank you much, i love people on gfy!
                                              My own personal opinion says do every aspect possible. This will only raise the pages relevancy to the term (whatever it may be) being discussed. Alt it, Title it, enter it and exit it. Bold it, underline it, hyperlink that motherfucker.

                                              Just do not make an entire page of the same word written over and over. One may think that this would make a site extremely relevant to a given keyphrase or keyword. Give at least 30-40 words between each instance of your keyword and I wouldn't go over 35 instances of it all together written on the page (not counting title and alts).

                                              Comment

                                              • martinsc
                                                Too lazy to set a custom title
                                                • Jun 2005
                                                • 27043

                                                #24
                                                a biz thread? on gfy? can't be true....
                                                Make Money

                                                Comment

                                                • INever
                                                  Confirmed User
                                                  • Jan 2005
                                                  • 4028

                                                  #25
                                                  I'm bookmarking this thread for when I'm sober.
                                                  I love Camdough

                                                  airvpn

                                                  Comment

                                                  • INever
                                                    Confirmed User
                                                    • Jan 2005
                                                    • 4028

                                                    #26
                                                    google images can send lots of traffic.......
                                                    I love Camdough

                                                    airvpn

                                                    Comment

                                                    • Vick!
                                                      Confirmed User
                                                      • Nov 2005
                                                      • 6882

                                                      #27
                                                      Thank God, we are discussing something good without bashing each other.
                                                      Affordable Quality Web Hosting

                                                      Comment

                                                      • TeenCat
                                                        Too lazy to set a koala
                                                        • Jan 2007
                                                        • 16131

                                                        #28
                                                        Originally posted by The Walrus
                                                        My own personal opinion says do every aspect possible. ...
                                                        alt="thank" title="you" ! valuable info, wish you best with your sites!

                                                        6bot
                                                        / Coming again very soon!
                                                        Svit Zlin Radio 24/7!

                                                        Comment

                                                        • moneybiz
                                                          So Fucking Banned
                                                          • Sep 2004
                                                          • 1391

                                                          #29
                                                          Great advice thank you baddog and others. Smokey I will hit you up after I do some research about keyword stuffing : )

                                                          Comment

                                                          • baddog
                                                            So Fucking Banned
                                                            • Apr 2001
                                                            • 107089

                                                            #30
                                                            Originally posted by TeenCat
                                                            alt="thank" title="you" ! valuable info, wish you best with your sites!
                                                            very poor use of an alt or title tag

                                                            Comment

                                                            • XVNAndrew
                                                              Registered User
                                                              • Aug 2006
                                                              • 91

                                                              #31
                                                              Originally posted by baddog
                                                              very poor use of an alt or title tag
                                                              ::XVN:: Premium Adult Content

                                                              Comment

                                                              • TheDoc
                                                                Too lazy to set a custom title
                                                                • Jul 2001
                                                                • 13827

                                                                #32
                                                                One major factor in making sure your images index correctly within google images is to make sure you have a text paragraph around image(s), which would need to be about the image.

                                                                The image name should short, simple and related, the alt tag should shortly describe the photo which is a good place to ungroup keyword phrases, and the same keywords should be used in the paragraph within 10 words of the targeted photo.

                                                                Now you just have to figure out what keywords people search on google images vs google web search.
                                                                ~TheDoc - ICQ7765825
                                                                It's all disambiguation

                                                                Comment

                                                                Working...