Ask the Angry ADMIN!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • TexasDreams
    former Miserable Admin :)
    • Oct 2003
    • 4700

    #1

    Ask the Angry ADMIN!!!

    OK, people want answers, and I'll be more than happy to make them sorry that they ever asked the questions.

    One stipulation. If you want me to give the true answers about an exact person, I'll only give the full and true answer to the exact person if THEY are the one that posts the question. But it ALL will be public. Don't go crying to anybody about the truth.

    WANNA PLAY??? Bring it on!!! Notice that I don't stipulate any time frame on this thread, I don't have a damn thing to hide.

    p.s. - I'll make this VERY interesting, I'm even going to lift any and all bans I've done (and there are a LOT less than you might think!) to make this open and honest. Someone that I've banned want to ask a question? My contact info has always been in my sig, go ahead and pass the word.
    ICQ: 168-914-369 >>> sysop [at] TexasDreams [dot] com
  • BusterBunny
    perverted justice decoy
    • Aug 2005
    • 19291

    #2
    oh man and i was about to go to sleep now i hafta stay up to watch this
    my sig caught gonoherpasyphilaids and died

    Comment

    • FlogTheLog
      CuriousToyBoys Little Bitch
      • Jun 2005
      • 3842

      #3
      your starting to scare me now

      Comment

      • StuartD
        Sofa King Band
        • Jul 2002
        • 29903

        #4
        I have a question...

        when are ya going to send me all those nudes of Loryn ya promised me? or did she catch you raiding her computer?
        This is me on facebook
        This is me on twitter

        Comment

        • xclusive
          Too lazy to set a custom title
          • Apr 2004
          • 35218

          #5
          Bravo, TD. This should be a hell of a thread

          I support MediumPimpin.com / Shemp's Outlawtgp.com /


          Comment

          • grumpy
            Too lazy to set a custom title
            • Jan 2002
            • 9870

            #6
            why do you let the sigwhoring going on here. You see people with over 15k useless posts.
            Don't let greediness blur your vision | You gotta let some shit slide
            icq - 441-456-888

            Comment

            • TexasDreams
              former Miserable Admin :)
              • Oct 2003
              • 4700

              #7
              Originally posted by StuartD
              I have a question...

              when are ya going to send me all those nudes of Loryn ya promised me? or did she catch you raiding her computer?
              I've got a bunch of those pics, unfortunately the new owners have put a cease and desist on the posting of them.

              That was NOT my call.
              ICQ: 168-914-369 >>> sysop [at] TexasDreams [dot] com

              Comment

              • Lord Nelson
                So Fucking Banned
                • Jan 2006
                • 715

                #8
                Were you abused/picked on as a kid? Is that the reason for your power trips?

                Comment

                • martinsc
                  Too lazy to set a custom title
                  • Jun 2005
                  • 27043

                  #9
                  damn, where is my popcorn?
                  Make Money

                  Comment

                  • StuartD
                    Sofa King Band
                    • Jul 2002
                    • 29903

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Lord Nelson
                    Were you abused/picked on as a kid? Is that the reason for your power trips?
                    Same could be asked of you and your constant negativity. You didn't used to be m00d, did you?
                    This is me on facebook
                    This is me on twitter

                    Comment

                    • volante
                      Confirmed User
                      • Mar 2002
                      • 2940

                      #11
                      Originally posted by TexasDreams
                      I've got a bunch of those pics, unfortunately the new owners have put a cease and desist on the posting of them.

                      That was NOT my call.
                      Send them to me - I'll post them, you can ban me, then you can unban me as per your first post

                      Comment

                      • Lord Nelson
                        So Fucking Banned
                        • Jan 2006
                        • 715

                        #12
                        Originally posted by StuartD
                        Same could be asked of you and your constant negativity. You didn't used to be m00d, did you?
                        This thread is not about me. Lets stick to the subject.

                        Comment

                        • TexasDreams
                          former Miserable Admin :)
                          • Oct 2003
                          • 4700

                          #13
                          Originally posted by grumpy
                          why do you let the sigwhoring going on here. You see people with over 15k useless posts.
                          Sad as it might seem, there are no exact rules that prohibit sig-whoring. Many times I have gone out of my way to ridicule sig-whores, but that's about all I can do. Why? Do you want me to put Franck out of a job???

                          ICQ: 168-914-369 >>> sysop [at] TexasDreams [dot] com

                          Comment

                          • StuartD
                            Sofa King Band
                            • Jul 2002
                            • 29903

                            #14
                            Originally posted by Lord Nelson
                            This thread is not about me. Lets stick to the subject.
                            Ah, so it is you m00d, that certainly explains a lot
                            This is me on facebook
                            This is me on twitter

                            Comment

                            • grumpy
                              Too lazy to set a custom title
                              • Jan 2002
                              • 9870

                              #15
                              Originally posted by TexasDreams
                              Sad as it might seem, there are no exact rules that prohibit sig-whoring. Many times I have gone out of my way to ridicule sig-whores, but that's about all I can do. Why? Do you want me to put Franck out of a job???
                              disable the sigs and that problem is solved.
                              Don't let greediness blur your vision | You gotta let some shit slide
                              icq - 441-456-888

                              Comment

                              • Ace_luffy
                                www.creationcrew.com
                                • Feb 2005
                                • 12170

                                #16
                                you scare me


                                ++ Adult and Mainstream Websites Designs | 10 banners for only $50 | html5 Banners ++
                                email : [email protected] Telegram : https://t.me/creationcrew WhatsApp : +63 956 420 4819 | HTML5/Responsive Site - Div/CSS - ElevatedX - NATs - Wordpress

                                Comment

                                • StuartD
                                  Sofa King Band
                                  • Jul 2002
                                  • 29903

                                  #17
                                  Originally posted by grumpy
                                  disable the sigs and that problem is solved.
                                  Yup, that would stop the sig whores from posting here, and a rather huge chunk of all the rest of the members too.

                                  Good idea.
                                  This is me on facebook
                                  This is me on twitter

                                  Comment

                                  • TexasDreams
                                    former Miserable Admin :)
                                    • Oct 2003
                                    • 4700

                                    #18
                                    Originally posted by Lord Nelson
                                    Were you abused/picked on as a kid? Is that the reason for your power trips?
                                    Wasn't abused or picked on as a kid, and I don't get off on power trips. I was the one that picked on your type as a kid. That was my only sin, ridiculing the idiots that deserved it.
                                    ICQ: 168-914-369 >>> sysop [at] TexasDreams [dot] com

                                    Comment

                                    • 8 Characters
                                      So Fucking Banned
                                      • Jan 2005
                                      • 2336

                                      #19
                                      Switch to avatars instead of sigs. The rules are much easier to apply to avatars.

                                      And I just want to say good job on banning headless. Give him a chance to cool down and start acting rationally. Most of us want him back (we don't want a psycho acid spitting madman though)

                                      Comment

                                      • TexasDreams
                                        former Miserable Admin :)
                                        • Oct 2003
                                        • 4700

                                        #20
                                        Originally posted by martinsc
                                        damn, where is my popcorn?
                                        I've got some spare of the microwave type in my pantry, should I cook some up?
                                        ICQ: 168-914-369 >>> sysop [at] TexasDreams [dot] com

                                        Comment

                                        • BusterBunny
                                          perverted justice decoy
                                          • Aug 2005
                                          • 19291

                                          #21
                                          my sig caught gonoherpasyphilaids and died

                                          Comment

                                          • 8 Characters
                                            So Fucking Banned
                                            • Jan 2005
                                            • 2336

                                            #22
                                            Originally posted by BusterBunny
                                            Dude, chop those peppers up finely, add some ketchup, salt, pepper, and that cheese is way too pale to look delicous.

                                            Nevertheless, I'd hit it.

                                            Comment

                                            • StuartD
                                              Sofa King Band
                                              • Jul 2002
                                              • 29903

                                              #23
                                              Originally posted by 8 Characters
                                              Dude, chop those peppers up finely, add some ketchup, salt, pepper, and that cheese is way too pale to look delicous.

                                              Nevertheless, I'd hit it.
                                              ketchup, salt and pepper?? on nachos??

                                              I think not.
                                              This is me on facebook
                                              This is me on twitter

                                              Comment

                                              • TexasDreams
                                                former Miserable Admin :)
                                                • Oct 2003
                                                • 4700

                                                #24
                                                Originally posted by volante
                                                Send them to me - I'll post them, you can ban me, then you can unban me as per your first post
                                                That's possible, but only if the links go to ReailtyCash. And Loryn would have to get the lion's share of that revenue.

                                                And she can be a tougher negotiator than even me.
                                                ICQ: 168-914-369 >>> sysop [at] TexasDreams [dot] com

                                                Comment

                                                • xlogger
                                                  Confirmed User
                                                  • Jul 2004
                                                  • 9507

                                                  #25
                                                  TexasDreams, i think you are doing a great job as an admin here. Im not even kissing ass, why should i? It doesnt benefit me a bit! I honestly mean it. It is impossible to please every single person on a board. When you make changes, you may piss off one group of people and make another happy.

                                                  ----------
                                                  XLOGGER [REFLECTED] [OH]

                                                  Comment

                                                  • grumpy
                                                    Too lazy to set a custom title
                                                    • Jan 2002
                                                    • 9870

                                                    #26
                                                    Originally posted by StuartD
                                                    Yup, that would stop the sig whores from posting here, and a rather huge chunk of all the rest of the members too.

                                                    Good idea.

                                                    are you trying to say that people come here to post or read posts just because of the sigs in the thread? Thats stupid. For traffic you have the traffic forum and for the other subjects you have the other forums here on gfy.
                                                    Don't let greediness blur your vision | You gotta let some shit slide
                                                    icq - 441-456-888

                                                    Comment

                                                    • 8 Characters
                                                      So Fucking Banned
                                                      • Jan 2005
                                                      • 2336

                                                      #27
                                                      Originally posted by StuartD
                                                      ketchup, salt and pepper?? on nachos??

                                                      I think not.
                                                      You mix the spices, ketchup, salt, pepper and peppers together with the cheese sauce. You don't overdo the ketchup, but it adds a nice little tang. (imho).

                                                      Comment

                                                      • StuartD
                                                        Sofa King Band
                                                        • Jul 2002
                                                        • 29903

                                                        #28
                                                        Originally posted by grumpy
                                                        are you trying to say that people come here to post or read posts just because of the sigs in the thread? Thats stupid. For traffic you have the traffic forum and for the other subjects you have the other forums to here on gfy.
                                                        No, I'm saying people come here to promote, market and just plain sell their own crap. They might not start tons of spam threads, but they do get visibility and branding.

                                                        Do you seriously think that people come here just for the intellectual conversation?
                                                        This is me on facebook
                                                        This is me on twitter

                                                        Comment

                                                        • StuartD
                                                          Sofa King Band
                                                          • Jul 2002
                                                          • 29903

                                                          #29
                                                          Originally posted by 8 Characters
                                                          You mix the spices, ketchup, salt, pepper and peppers together with the cheese sauce. You don't overdo the ketchup, but it adds a nice little tang. (imho).
                                                          Hmm... salsa is good for that, but you're the first I've ever heard of to put ketchup on it. At least you didn't say vinegar cause then I'd worry.
                                                          This is me on facebook
                                                          This is me on twitter

                                                          Comment

                                                          • chadglni
                                                            Confirmed User
                                                            • Dec 2002
                                                            • 6924

                                                            #30
                                                            Originally posted by grumpy
                                                            are you trying to say that people come here to post or read posts just because of the sigs in the thread? Thats stupid. For traffic you have the traffic forum and for the other subjects you have the other forums here on gfy.
                                                            No he's saying that the reason people post here is self promotion. Take that away and you alienate your content that makes the board work. Duh?


                                                            Sign up here - Dating Site affiliate program

                                                            Comment

                                                            • TexasDreams
                                                              former Miserable Admin :)
                                                              • Oct 2003
                                                              • 4700

                                                              #31
                                                              Originally posted by grumpy
                                                              disable the sigs and that problem is solved.
                                                              Actually that is SO very tempting. But there are a lot of great sponsors and people that might hurt. I have put a number of things in place such as the "Sig DISplacement" group. That group's sig's no longer display during posts, and they can no longer use features like bbcode tags for images, links, font size, and a lot more.

                                                              Right now there are only 11 users out of 67,500+ that are in "Sig DISplacement".
                                                              ICQ: 168-914-369 >>> sysop [at] TexasDreams [dot] com

                                                              Comment

                                                              • xlogger
                                                                Confirmed User
                                                                • Jul 2004
                                                                • 9507

                                                                #32
                                                                Originally posted by TexasDreamsRight
                                                                now there are only 11 users out of 67,500+ that are in "Sig DISplacement".
                                                                Those people cant use sigs at all? pwned!

                                                                They have to be doing something really bad to get that right?

                                                                ----------
                                                                XLOGGER [REFLECTED] [OH]

                                                                Comment

                                                                • grumpy
                                                                  Too lazy to set a custom title
                                                                  • Jan 2002
                                                                  • 9870

                                                                  #33
                                                                  i just started a poll about the sigs. Lets see what happens.
                                                                  Without a sig people can still dcome here to promote their business deals.
                                                                  You would just get rid of the majority of useless posts.
                                                                  Don't let greediness blur your vision | You gotta let some shit slide
                                                                  icq - 441-456-888

                                                                  Comment

                                                                  • 8 Characters
                                                                    So Fucking Banned
                                                                    • Jan 2005
                                                                    • 2336

                                                                    #34
                                                                    How about you give a 10k bonus to the postcount of people who have small and polite sigs? That would DEFINATELY make a lot of jerks in here shrink their sigs.. which is kinda sad really. ;)

                                                                    Comment

                                                                    • TexasDreams
                                                                      former Miserable Admin :)
                                                                      • Oct 2003
                                                                      • 4700

                                                                      #35
                                                                      Originally posted by 8 Characters
                                                                      Switch to avatars instead of sigs. The rules are much easier to apply to avatars.

                                                                      And I just want to say good job on banning headless. Give him a chance to cool down and start acting rationally. Most of us want him back (we don't want a psycho acid spitting madman though)
                                                                      I have thought about enabling avatars, not sure about what the exact size would be, but thinking in the 80x80 size (software enforced). Even if I did that, the current board code does not allow avatars to be linked with any ref-codes. That in itself would be a "dis" to the sponsors, and those that can read and follow the rules.
                                                                      ICQ: 168-914-369 >>> sysop [at] TexasDreams [dot] com

                                                                      Comment

                                                                      • TexasDreams
                                                                        former Miserable Admin :)
                                                                        • Oct 2003
                                                                        • 4700

                                                                        #36
                                                                        Originally posted by BusterBunny
                                                                        Sigh! Those nachos need at least ten times more jalapenos.
                                                                        ICQ: 168-914-369 >>> sysop [at] TexasDreams [dot] com

                                                                        Comment

                                                                        • grumpy
                                                                          Too lazy to set a custom title
                                                                          • Jan 2002
                                                                          • 9870

                                                                          #37
                                                                          Originally posted by TexasDreams
                                                                          I have thought about enabling avatars, not sure about what the exact size would be, but thinking in the 80x80 size (software enforced). Even if I did that, the current board code does not allow avatars to be linked with any ref-codes. That in itself would be a "dis" to the sponsors, and those that can read and follow the rules.
                                                                          there are many other ways you can get sponsors to promote there stuff. GFY can force payed advertisement / sigs in each post. Result is it will take away the sigwhores who post to promote their own shit or the payed sigs.
                                                                          Don't let greediness blur your vision | You gotta let some shit slide
                                                                          icq - 441-456-888

                                                                          Comment

                                                                          • 8 Characters
                                                                            So Fucking Banned
                                                                            • Jan 2005
                                                                            • 2336

                                                                            #38
                                                                            Originally posted by TexasDreams
                                                                            I have thought about enabling avatars, not sure about what the exact size would be, but thinking in the 80x80 size (software enforced). Even if I did that, the current board code does not allow avatars to be linked with any ref-codes. That in itself would be a "dis" to the sponsors, and those that can read and follow the rules.
                                                                            Hmm. And yet some lucky bastards have a link in their custom title... Perhaps this could be a general trend, unless the avatar can be linked by some snappy php coder.?

                                                                            I'll chop something up to see what it'd look like

                                                                            Comment

                                                                            • TexasDreams
                                                                              former Miserable Admin :)
                                                                              • Oct 2003
                                                                              • 4700

                                                                              #39
                                                                              Originally posted by 8 Characters
                                                                              Dude, chop those peppers up finely, add some ketchup, salt, pepper, and that cheese is way too pale to look delicous.

                                                                              Nevertheless, I'd hit it.
                                                                              Double SIGH!!! And I bet you would put beans in chilli.
                                                                              ICQ: 168-914-369 >>> sysop [at] TexasDreams [dot] com

                                                                              Comment

                                                                              • BusterBunny
                                                                                perverted justice decoy
                                                                                • Aug 2005
                                                                                • 19291

                                                                                #40
                                                                                chicken dabs of chilie....
                                                                                my sig caught gonoherpasyphilaids and died

                                                                                Comment

                                                                                • Grapesoda
                                                                                  So Fucking Banned
                                                                                  • Jul 2003
                                                                                  • 46234

                                                                                  #41
                                                                                  what part of Texas you from? came from North Texas myself although I have lived in East Texas and down in the Surfside/Freeport area . . . bmb

                                                                                  Comment

                                                                                  • TexasDreams
                                                                                    former Miserable Admin :)
                                                                                    • Oct 2003
                                                                                    • 4700

                                                                                    #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by xlogger
                                                                                    TexasDreams, i think you are doing a great job as an admin here. Im not even kissing ass, why should i? It doesnt benefit me a bit! I honestly mean it. It is impossible to please every single person on a board. When you make changes, you may piss off one group of people and make another happy.
                                                                                    When I took the job I knew good and well that I wouldn't make people happy. More often than not I can't even make Lensman happy. I could kill 99.999% of all big sigs by tomorrow, but come Monday morning Lens would point out the 0.001% I didn't catch, and say WTF!!!!!!
                                                                                    ICQ: 168-914-369 >>> sysop [at] TexasDreams [dot] com

                                                                                    Comment

                                                                                    • 8 Characters
                                                                                      So Fucking Banned
                                                                                      • Jan 2005
                                                                                      • 2336

                                                                                      #43
                                                                                      Hell yes I'd put beans in chilli.

                                                                                      Comment

                                                                                      • KRL
                                                                                        Entrepreneur
                                                                                        • Oct 2002
                                                                                        • 31429

                                                                                        #44


                                                                                        Looks like its time for pancakes.
                                                                                        If you would like to develop your domains, you can lease inexpensive foreign labor
                                                                                        from the leaders in the field at iWebmasters.com TO LOWER YOUR COSTS AND INCREASE YOUR PRODUCTION!

                                                                                        *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
                                                                                        Domains Adult News KRL's Newsletter Biz Tips Just Listed Domains

                                                                                        Comment

                                                                                        • TexasDreams
                                                                                          former Miserable Admin :)
                                                                                          • Oct 2003
                                                                                          • 4700

                                                                                          #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by xlogger
                                                                                          Those people cant use sigs at all? pwned!

                                                                                          They have to be doing something really bad to get that right?
                                                                                          That's why the count in that group is pretty low. It's a last resort for those that continue to break the sig rules. I don't really like to use it, but it IS necessary. For those in "Sig DISplacement", they've broken the rule blatantly, and usually more than 10 times. Once someone is put in there it's pretty much of a "life sentance". Only one has ever come out of that group, and they moved from that to the "Probation" group, where they were forced to run a "RealityCash" banner, and all of their posts were fully moderated for 90 days.
                                                                                          ICQ: 168-914-369 >>> sysop [at] TexasDreams [dot] com

                                                                                          Comment

                                                                                          • TexasDreams
                                                                                            former Miserable Admin :)
                                                                                            • Oct 2003
                                                                                            • 4700

                                                                                            #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by 8 Characters
                                                                                            How about you give a 10k bonus to the postcount of people who have small and polite sigs? That would DEFINATELY make a lot of jerks in here shrink their sigs.. which is kinda sad really. ;)
                                                                                            Some may not have noticed at all, or not noticed yet. But I am going through every single users sig. Yeah, that's right, I am checking all 67,552 users. I've got a database that I'm keeping for those that I've trimmed. Those that I have to trim more than twice from this effort will be put into the Sig DISplacement group. And as I've said before, once they are in chances are they will NEVER be let out. In the last two weeks, over 1,000 people lost their sigs. In the next two weeks I go back and check who put the big sigs right back.
                                                                                            ICQ: 168-914-369 >>> sysop [at] TexasDreams [dot] com

                                                                                            Comment

                                                                                            • TexasDreams
                                                                                              former Miserable Admin :)
                                                                                              • Oct 2003
                                                                                              • 4700

                                                                                              #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by 8 Characters
                                                                                              Hmm. And yet some lucky bastards have a link in their custom title... Perhaps this could be a general trend, unless the avatar can be linked by some snappy php coder.?

                                                                                              I'll chop something up to see what it'd look like
                                                                                              The link in the custom title is something that was added to the code when I did the BIG upgrade from 3.0.7 to 3.5.3. I did put a few people in the "linked" titles just to test it out. I have since dumped those links. That feature can only be done by someone who has ADMIN and not just MOD privileges. I put four in as a test, they were Juicy, Donny, Belinda, and Pete-KT. There were a few others that were put in but not by me. There was one put in because someone lied, and said that I approved it. I have since dumped what I think is all of those "title links", but I probably need to run some queries against the database to make damn sure that they are all removed.
                                                                                              ICQ: 168-914-369 >>> sysop [at] TexasDreams [dot] com

                                                                                              Comment

                                                                                              • TexasDreams
                                                                                                former Miserable Admin :)
                                                                                                • Oct 2003
                                                                                                • 4700

                                                                                                #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by BusterBunny
                                                                                                chicken dabs of chilie....
                                                                                                DAMN YOU! Now I have to search through the fridge to see what I can cook up for breakfast.
                                                                                                ICQ: 168-914-369 >>> sysop [at] TexasDreams [dot] com

                                                                                                Comment

                                                                                                • jimthefiend
                                                                                                  So Fucking Banned
                                                                                                  • Oct 2003
                                                                                                  • 18889

                                                                                                  #49
                                                                                                  What are you wearing?

                                                                                                  Comment

                                                                                                  • Deputy Chief Command
                                                                                                    Deputy Chief Command
                                                                                                    • Nov 2005
                                                                                                    • 4482

                                                                                                    #50
                                                                                                    is it true I deputy chief command actually own this board?

                                                                                                    Comment

                                                                                                    Working...