strongbox chaps

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DVTimes
    xxx
    • Jun 2003
    • 31650

    #1

    strongbox chaps

    Just got strongbox installed onto www.scuzzbucket.com.

    Seems to be a good job, and I chatted to Ray via phone. Nice chap though I do not think he understood my Uk accent.

    But thought its worth saying that.

    ----------------------------------

    Ray B. Morris
    [email protected]

    Strongbox - The next generation in site security:
    http://www.bettercgi.com/strongbox/
    XXX
  • Kevin2
    Confirmed User
    • May 2003
    • 1429

    #2
    I think we were the first sites to use strongbox and that was a few years ago. Strong box has performed beyond my expectations and Ray has always been great to deal with

    Webmasters Trade Traffic!!!

    Comment

    • raymor
      Confirmed User
      • Oct 2002
      • 3745

      #3
      Thanks for the posts, guys.
      Yeah being from Texas sometimes it takes me
      a few minutes to get my brain in the right mode
      to listen to and speak British or Australian English,
      but then not only do I understand you perfectly,
      but I walk around for the next couple of hours sounding
      like a Brit myself!

      I wonder if Bush has that problem when talking to Blair,
      f he misses the first 2 minutes of everything Blair says.
      For historical display only. This information is not current:
      support@bettercgi.com ICQ 7208627
      Strongbox - The next generation in site security
      Throttlebox - The next generation in bandwidth control
      Clonebox - Backup and disaster recovery on steroids

      Comment

      • seven
        Confirmed User
        • Apr 2002
        • 2697

        #4
        Originally posted by raymor
        I wonder if Bush has that problem when talking to Blair,
        f he misses the first 2 minutes of everything Blair says.
        I understand Blair perfectly well, however, I do not understand my cousins from uk any word they say after the initial "hello!" so I think Blair makes an extra effort to make himself understandable to the Americans or something.

        Anyways, I'm liking strogbox very much too. That reminds me.. Ray, strongbox been sending me couple 100 emails cos some crackers been trying to crack user/pass a couple 100 times. Can those emails be stopped?
        Toy Rev
        Rouge Web Design

        Comment

        • raymor
          Confirmed User
          • Oct 2002
          • 3745

          #5
          Yeah Blair is easy enough to understand, at least
          when is making a public speech and he's paying attention
          to enunciation and pronunciation. Most of us, I think,
          speak rather sloppily in our day to day converations
          by comparison.

          Strongbox should be sending you only one email per IP block
          or username suspended. If you are the victim of a large
          ditributed proxy based attack where 100 different proxies
          are being used in the attack and therefore getting suspended
          that's the only case I can think of where you should be
          getting a large number of email notices. Normally those types
          of attacks are fairly short lived with Strongbox because Strongbox
          takes some action to thoroughly frustrate the attacker and
          hopefully they quickly give up and go away.
          When these counter measures are effective you'll see a short
          flood of emails lasting just a few minutes, then they'll
          suddenly stop when the attacker gives up after a few minutes.
          If that doesn't sound like what happened to you remind me
          which site is yours (I ALMOST remember) and I'll take a look
          at it.
          For historical display only. This information is not current:
          support@bettercgi.com ICQ 7208627
          Strongbox - The next generation in site security
          Throttlebox - The next generation in bandwidth control
          Clonebox - Backup and disaster recovery on steroids

          Comment

          Working...