Anyone Know If Its Possible Using .Htaccess To..

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • European Lee
    Confirmed User
    • Dec 2002
    • 7133

    #1

    Anyone Know If Its Possible Using .Htaccess To..

    Have a specific ip address trigger a form call across a server when the ip address hits any of the servers domains?

    Regards,

    Lee
    YOUR TRAFFIC IS SAFE WITH US - CONDOM CASH
    PUTTING THE GAY ADULT INDUSTRY ON YOUR PC!!
    AFFORDABLE 2257 COMPLIANT GAY + BI CONTENT
  • s9ann0
    Confirmed User
    • Sep 2001
    • 4873

    #2
    what do you mean form call GET or POST?
    its easy to redirect or do u mean to runa script in the background?

    Comment

    • European Lee
      Confirmed User
      • Dec 2002
      • 7133

      #3
      Spanno.. hows things man

      Yeah sorry i meant to run a script call in the background.

      Hows sunny England these days?

      Regards,

      Lee
      YOUR TRAFFIC IS SAFE WITH US - CONDOM CASH
      PUTTING THE GAY ADULT INDUSTRY ON YOUR PC!!
      AFFORDABLE 2257 COMPLIANT GAY + BI CONTENT

      Comment

      • Warden
        Confirmed User
        • Nov 2002
        • 2906

        #4
        Finish a sentance in thread titles?
        AIM: ZeeRiddler
        ICQ: 128160005
        Warden's MS

        Comment

        • s9ann0
          Confirmed User
          • Sep 2001
          • 4873

          #5
          hi its going ok but england is cold, where do you live now then ?

          if I have got this straight and you want to run a script in the background if a certain IP hits anywhere on the entire server ?

          what you wanna do I can't think how to do with rewriting or modules but I maybe missing something basic like some setenvif bussiness

          the only way I can think of doing it right now what I would do is make a custom log format that outputs just the IP (and any other details you need for it)

          and set this in the main server config to pipe it thru a perl script and either run whatever you wanted in that script or get it to run whatever from the shell

          what r u trying to do exactly ?

          Comment

          • BlueDesignStudios
            Confirmed User
            • Feb 2003
            • 9492

            #6
            WARNING:

            note to anyone considering working for lee - make sure he pays you upfront, because when we did a site design for him 9 months ago, he stopped responding to emails / ICQ when it was time to pay


            Blue Design Studios - Adult Design Specialists!
            Email me for a free quote: [email protected]

            Comment

            • European Lee
              Confirmed User
              • Dec 2002
              • 7133

              #7
              Originally posted by spanno
              hi its going ok but england is cold, where do you live now then ?

              if I have got this straight and you want to run a script in the background if a certain IP hits anywhere on the entire server ?

              what you wanna do I can't think how to do with rewriting or modules but I maybe missing something basic like some setenvif bussiness

              the only way I can think of doing it right now what I would do is make a custom log format that outputs just the IP (and any other details you need for it)

              and set this in the main server config to pipe it thru a perl script and either run whatever you wanted in that script or get it to run whatever from the shell

              what r u trying to do exactly ?
              Im in Sunny Daytona Beach now

              Basically, when a certain 'ip' hits my server, regardless of which domain it hits, i want an email to be sent to me so i know what time / date the ip accessed the server.

              Nothing fancy, just something as simple as that

              Regards,

              Lee
              YOUR TRAFFIC IS SAFE WITH US - CONDOM CASH
              PUTTING THE GAY ADULT INDUSTRY ON YOUR PC!!
              AFFORDABLE 2257 COMPLIANT GAY + BI CONTENT

              Comment

              • s9ann0
                Confirmed User
                • Sep 2001
                • 4873

                #8
                well I could do a script like I kinda detailed above I charge like £20 an hour for programming but it will probly only take a few hours if you want to talk about it icq me!

                Comment

                • BlueDesignStudios
                  Confirmed User
                  • Feb 2003
                  • 9492

                  #9
                  Originally posted by spanno
                  well I could do a script like I kinda detailed above I charge like £20 an hour for programming but it will probly only take a few hours if you want to talk about it icq me!
                  Demand up front payment, when we redesigned one of Lee's sites he wouldn't pay up & wouldn't respond to email / ICQ

                  I never thought Lee would do that, he seemed like a nice guy to me, so just watch out so you don't get burnt too

                  Blue Design Studios - Adult Design Specialists!
                  Email me for a free quote: [email protected]

                  Comment

                  • European Lee
                    Confirmed User
                    • Dec 2002
                    • 7133

                    #10
                    Originally posted by spanno
                    well I could do a script like I kinda detailed above I charge like £20 an hour for programming but it will probly only take a few hours if you want to talk about it icq me!
                    Cool ill hit you up on ICQ in the morning

                    Going to mong out in front of the TV for a while

                    Regards,

                    Lee
                    YOUR TRAFFIC IS SAFE WITH US - CONDOM CASH
                    PUTTING THE GAY ADULT INDUSTRY ON YOUR PC!!
                    AFFORDABLE 2257 COMPLIANT GAY + BI CONTENT

                    Comment

                    Working...