rackshack.net .. Anyone using them yet?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jic
    Registered User
    • Jan 2002
    • 17

    #1

    rackshack.net .. Anyone using them yet?

    Hey Guys,

    I am sure a lot of you have heard about www.rackshack.net by now. I personally run a web hosting company with quite a few dedicated servers and cannot compete with those prices so I am actually thinking about moving some of my adult traffic over to those sites (mine personally since it would be cheaper to just use them). Has anyone had experiences with using 200-250 GB / month with them ?

    Thanks!
  • jasont
    Registered User
    • Feb 2002
    • 3

    #2
    Did you ever move over to RackShack? I can help you compete with them. $.50/GB Transfer and $200 Dual 1 GHZ CPU, Dual 60 GB Hard Disks. Email or call me.

    [email protected]
    www.cologroup.com
    858-456-7378

    Comment

    • Rod
      Confirmed User
      • Mar 2001
      • 1243

      #3
      Originally posted by jasont
      Did you ever move over to RackShack? I can help you compete with them. $.50/GB Transfer and $200 Dual 1 GHZ CPU, Dual 60 GB Hard Disks. Email or call me.

      [email protected]
      www.cologroup.com
      858-456-7378
      Do you bill your customers FLAT or percentile?
      woohoo!

      Comment

      • mike_z
        Registered User
        • Mar 2002
        • 12

        #4
        Hey guys.
        What will be the traffic in gigs/day if u get 80000 uniques/day???
        u know statistics?

        Comment

        • sexyclicks
          Confirmed User
          • Mar 2002
          • 3240

          #5
          Depends how big is your website...

          Comment

          • mike_z
            Registered User
            • Mar 2002
            • 12

            #6
            pictures 50k each.....lots of galleries.....

            Comment

            • pimpshost
              Confirmed User
              • Feb 2002
              • 1052

              #7
              In response to Rod:

              We bill 95th Percentile if you are billed on the mbps

              COMMITTED RATE MONTHLY FEE
              1 MBps $100/MBps $100
              5 MBps $90/MBps $450
              10 MBps $80/MBps $800
              25 MBps $70/MBps $1750

              or we can bill your for exact usage

              DATA TRANSFER
              $.50 Per Gig
              Last edited by pimpshost; 03-05-2002, 08:52 PM.
              Jason (Vegas King Condo)
              Cell 702-371-8941
              Web LuxuryinLasVegas.com - High Rise Condos

              Comment

              • pimpshost
                Confirmed User
                • Feb 2002
                • 1052

                #8
                The traffic in gigs/day if u get 80000 uniques/day with an average page size of 100k s 8 Gig per day.

                Jason
                [email protected]
                Jason (Vegas King Condo)
                Cell 702-371-8941
                Web LuxuryinLasVegas.com - High Rise Condos

                Comment

                • Butt Horn
                  Registered User
                  • Jan 2002
                  • 27

                  #9
                  Originally posted by pimpshost
                  The traffic in gigs/day if u get 80000 uniques/day with an average page size of 100k s 8 Gig per day.

                  Jason
                  [email protected]
                  I read in another thread you were a millionaire living in million dollar house on big hill. why you here pimping two bit hosting then?

                  Comment

                  • Steve
                    Confirmed User
                    • Feb 2001
                    • 6894

                    #10
                    Originally posted by Butt Horn


                    I read in another thread you were a millionaire living in million dollar house on big hill. why you here pimping two bit hosting then?
                    He's working on his second million

                    Comment

                    • assneck
                      Confirmed User
                      • Aug 2001
                      • 220

                      #11
                      there is a reason rackshack.net is so cheap. they suck really bad. i switched over and had more downtime than uptime. there is a reason they have a huge nonrefundable setup fee. it is because nobody is usually with them for over a month. now peple just love to resell rackshack. so watch out for that.

                      assneck
                      Ultimate Topsite System

                      Comment

                      • Brujah
                        Beer Money Baron
                        • Jan 2001
                        • 22157

                        #12
                        I have dedicated servers with different hosts. I have one of them at Rackshack. I haven't had any problems with them over the past 2 months so far. I haven't experienced any downtime.

                        I have some servers with Xcite.net and they're excellent.

                        Comment

                        • pimpshost
                          Confirmed User
                          • Feb 2002
                          • 1052

                          #13
                          In response to Butt Horn, I like doing what I do, so I am out on the message boards meeting people and getting new business. I could have a sales guy go around on the boards, but I would rather do it. Also, my business is more personal and customers can get a hold of me any time, which they tend to like. I get things done quickly which is always important.

                          And, I wish I was working on my 2nd Million, but I am stuck on the first. It is hard to save money when there are so many ways to spend it.
                          Last edited by pimpshost; 03-06-2002, 10:22 AM.
                          Jason (Vegas King Condo)
                          Cell 702-371-8941
                          Web LuxuryinLasVegas.com - High Rise Condos

                          Comment

                          • mariuz
                            Confirmed User
                            • Aug 2001
                            • 134

                            #14
                            Originally posted by pimpshost
                            I get things done quickly which is always important.

                            Ah yes! like yank servers and flee in the middle of the night!

                            According to Ray that is

                            Comment

                            • pimpshost
                              Confirmed User
                              • Feb 2002
                              • 1052

                              #15
                              Mariuz, yes, our upstream provider was on their period one day and shut us off because a customers sent out tons of SPAM. I moved a whole hosting company in 2 days to a new location. Our customers are happy and we have not had any problems since that day.

                              Do you care to enlighten us on your history? What sites do you run? Do you make any money?
                              Jason (Vegas King Condo)
                              Cell 702-371-8941
                              Web LuxuryinLasVegas.com - High Rise Condos

                              Comment

                              Working...