Newbie + Advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • whocared
    Registered User
    • Nov 2017
    • 9

    #1

    Business Newbie + Advice

    Hey all,

    The new member message at the top of the site is telling me to post in the intruductions section, however I can't seem to find an "Introductions" section.

    Basically I have been thinking of getting into the industry for a few years now but my other half always had issues with it. Well.... she's an ex now so it's not an issue haha.

    My background is casual gaming. Flash Arcade Websites, Mobile Games and the likes.

    I kinda see free tube sites the same as arcades sites. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    • Crap ad rates.
    • Something everyone loves to 'play' with.
    • Tons of demand.
    • Buy, create or sponsor unique games or videos in this case to drive traffic to your own site.
    • Distribution of your content is key to 'winning'


    I'm still not 100% decided on jumping into the industry. Looking for some advice first.
    • What CPM's are you guys getting?
    • Do many people other than the big guys have much luck with free tube sites?
    • What's the best script to use? I want to have a little play around without having to go custom and throw $$$$ in at the get go.
    • Any other advice for a newbie?


    Thanks all.
  • gnawledge
    confirmed loser
    • Jul 2012
    • 1092

    #2
    So you want us to hand you our hard work on a silver platter? Okay. Sure.
    Wikifap Cams
    Eporn List
    Is Chaturbate Still Number 1?

    Comment

    • whocared
      Registered User
      • Nov 2017
      • 9

      #3
      Originally posted by gnawledge
      So you want us to hand you our hard work on a silver platter? Okay. Sure.
      How so?

      Asking advice is frowned upon in this industry?

      Comment

      • tomash999
        Confirmed User
        • Sep 2015
        • 87

        #4
        i bought few expired domains and created few websites, reviews, blog, galleries and videos (sponsored content), tube site (embedded players)

        the biggest websites started with stolen content until they become "legitimate" and started premium memberships. adult forums share content from premium websites. they subscribe to the biggest networks, then pirate the content.

        it is hard to promote adult content on social media so you need to be original. For example, only put "hot girls" instead of blurred nudes, play safe, see what big adult companies are doing.

        the truth is, you don't need to be a game developer or have a custom website to make **some** money, there are people who use wordpress and make money. they re-upload watermarked videos (only the preview) to big tube networks

        If i was you I would create simple 2d games, the market is big enough and you can promote it on adult and mainstream social networks

        Comment

        • eric_wahlberg
          Confirmed User
          • Dec 2015
          • 614

          #5
          First of all, why do you want to shift from Gaming industry to adult one?
          Any specific reason?
          Read Arabian Nights on your screen

          Comment

          • whocared
            Registered User
            • Nov 2017
            • 9

            #6
            Originally posted by tomash999
            i bought few expired domains and created few websites, reviews, blog, galleries and videos (sponsored content), tube site (embedded players)

            the biggest websites started with stolen content until they become "legitimate" and started premium memberships. adult forums share content from premium websites. they subscribe to the biggest networks, then pirate the content.

            it is hard to promote adult content on social media so you need to be original. For example, only put "hot girls" instead of blurred nudes, play safe, see what big adult companies are doing.

            the truth is, you don't need to be a game developer or have a custom website to make **some** money, there are people who use wordpress and make money. they re-upload watermarked videos (only the preview) to big tube networks

            If i was you I would create simple 2d games, the market is big enough and you can promote it on adult and mainstream social networks
            Oh I guess it's not like the arcade world then. We used to exchange games and hope other webmasters would host our games as we get traffic back from them. Pretty much a free advert. Is using other peoples videos a no go? Even branded ones?

            Comment

            • whocared
              Registered User
              • Nov 2017
              • 9

              #7
              Originally posted by eric_wahlberg
              First of all, why do you want to shift from Gaming industry to adult one?
              Any specific reason?
              I don't plan on shifting. My main focus will continue to be games. I just enjoy having a little varity. it's the spice of life, as they say.

              I have been in the games industry for 8 years now. 4 as my own boss. I launched a gardening site a couple years back (I love gardening). That's pretty stable now. So I'm looking for something else I would enjoy to add to the portfolio.

              I'm not sure if any of you guys know the arcades world well. But it's basically pretty much dead. Most of us have either moved to mobile or left the industry.

              Browsers started dropping Flash support a few years back. Which was like 99% of the online casual games. Along came Unity WebGL and HTML 5 games. None of which have ever really managed to replace Flash. Quality issues, uncompilable HTML. Incompatibility issues with browers and all sort.

              Arcades still exist and I still have mine but most are dead or dying with a few exceptions.

              I miss the web side of it. I miss playing around with my websites, having game exchange with other webmasters, comparing games, stats, ideas and everything that went along with it.

              That's why I made the comparrision between the two in my opening. I'm hoping I can find a little of that within this industry.

              Comment

              • tomash999
                Confirmed User
                • Sep 2015
                • 87

                #8
                There are basically 4 options to use videos:
                1. Original videos in a paysite, either your own membership site or on a pay-per-view network.
                2. Host amateur, professional (and mostly pirated) videos on your tube site. Earn from ads and premium membership
                3. Embed video players from other tube sites and earn from clicks on the embedded player.
                4. Host sponsored videos. Affiliate receive free material every week, of 1:00-10:00 minutes videos to promote on their websites.

                Of course you can use a combination of all the above. Hosting the videos is more complicated at the beginning in terms of performance and costs, but it is better in the long run as it gives more control and reduce the bounce rate.

                Embedded content is similar to hosting flash games.

                Comment

                • whocared
                  Registered User
                  • Nov 2017
                  • 9

                  #9
                  Originally posted by tomash999
                  There are basically 4 options to use videos:
                  1. Original videos in a paysite, either your own membership site or on a pay-per-view network.
                  2. Host amateur, professional (and mostly pirated) videos on your tube site. Earn from ads and premium membership
                  3. Embed video players from other tube sites and earn from clicks on the embedded player.
                  4. Host sponsored videos. Affiliate receive free material every week, of 1:00-10:00 minutes videos to promote on their websites.

                  Of course you can use a combination of all the above. Hosting the videos is more complicated at the beginning in terms of performance and costs, but it is better in the long run as it gives more control and reduce the bounce rate.

                  Embedded content is similar to hosting flash games.
                  Much appreciated.

                  Comment

                  • eric_wahlberg
                    Confirmed User
                    • Dec 2015
                    • 614

                    #10
                    Originally posted by whocared
                    I don't plan on shifting. My main focus will continue to be games. I just enjoy having a little varity. it's the spice of life, as they say.

                    I have been in the games industry for 8 years now. 4 as my own boss. I launched a gardening site a couple years back (I love gardening). That's pretty stable now. So I'm looking for something else I would enjoy to add to the portfolio.

                    I'm not sure if any of you guys know the arcades world well. But it's basically pretty much dead. Most of us have either moved to mobile or left the industry.

                    Browsers started dropping Flash support a few years back. Which was like 99% of the online casual games. Along came Unity WebGL and HTML 5 games. None of which have ever really managed to replace Flash. Quality issues, uncompilable HTML. Incompatibility issues with browers and all sort.

                    Arcades still exist and I still have mine but most are dead or dying with a few exceptions.

                    I miss the web side of it. I miss playing around with my websites, having game exchange with other webmasters, comparing games, stats, ideas and everything that went along with it.

                    That's why I made the comparrision between the two in my opening. I'm hoping I can find a little of that within this industry.
                    Right now, the games are developed in HTML 5 and unity. Html 5 is good as the game developed can run on both PC and mobile devices.
                    Read Arabian Nights on your screen

                    Comment

                    • Webster01
                      Confirmed User
                      • Apr 2013
                      • 378

                      #11
                      Originally posted by whocared
                      We used to exchange games and hope other webmasters would host our games as we get traffic back from them.
                      I´m starting with a gaming site soon and would like to contact you then. Where can I do this?

                      Comment

                      • whocared
                        Registered User
                        • Nov 2017
                        • 9

                        #12
                        Originally posted by eric_wahlberg
                        Right now, the games are developed in HTML 5 and unity. Html 5 is good as the game developed can run on both PC and mobile devices.
                        Yeah, but lets face it. HTML 5 games suck, compared to Flash.
                        They also can't be compiled, so there's very little protection for the author.

                        Comment

                        • whocared
                          Registered User
                          • Nov 2017
                          • 9

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Webster01
                          I´m starting with a gaming site soon and would like to contact you then. Where can I do this?
                          Just send me a PM.

                          Comment

                          • yuu.design
                            Too lazy to set a custom title
                            • Mar 2006
                            • 25308

                            #14
                            welcome to the forum!
                            Beautiful And Usable Web Design Creations For The Adult Industry Since 2003
                            I'm Yuu, Designer and Content Producer

                            Paysites - Affiliate Programs - Dating & Cam Sites - Mainstream Projects - Tube Sites - Banners - Wordpress Themes - NATs integration - Landing Pages

                            Check my Portfolio and Content Production Offers

                            Comment

                            Working...