GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   MOre epass thievery Anyone know "ursulica1" (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=707790)

fr0gman 02-19-2007 05:50 PM

MOre epass thievery Anyone know "ursulica1"

ursulica1

This thieving bastard stole money from my designers account today and I would like to find him/her.

I can tell you that with all of the recent missing money reports I am beginning to question the safety of epass all together.

split_joel 02-19-2007 05:54 PM

havnt you noticed by now these are accounts setup by epassporte just so they can steal from you and make it look like it were someone else

Doctor Dre 02-19-2007 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by split_joel (Post 11944040)
havnt you noticed by now these are accounts setup by epassporte just so they can steal from you and make it look like it were someone else

That's a fucking dumb statement... worth boycotting the compagny you are working for... If you're dumb enough to say that on a public board without any proof, how do you want anyone to trust you with one of the most important aspect of their biz ?

split_joel 02-19-2007 06:06 PM

Im not the first one to say this, it is my option to state what i think is true.

Think about it. Money gets stolen epassporte does nothing about it??? Its covered up no one ever finds the money. Just my two cents.

madawgz 02-19-2007 06:14 PM

Quote:

i highly doubt that...

BlackCrayon 02-19-2007 06:15 PM

was the password based on a dictionary word? im wondering how these theives are able to do this. i very much doubt epass has anything to do with it.

xlogger 02-19-2007 06:53 PM

Quote:

Yeah, im sure epass really needed that $50. Get real..

Doctor Dre 02-19-2007 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by split_joel (Post 11944105)
Im not the first one to say this, it is my option to state what i think is true.

Think about it. Money gets stolen epassporte does nothing about it??? Its covered up no one ever finds the money. Just my two cents.

Your opinion ? You made a STATEMENT. Chris should keep you away from the boards... You make the whole compagny looks like a 2 cents operation. You're a PR nightmare.

Tons of monies get stolen from paypal or any online banking system too...

As much as I dislike epass services right now, there are still no alternative to their services... you might want to ask yourself why.

ayne468 02-19-2007 08:20 PM

This is the second thread I have read today saying they have had money stolen by the user....:Oh crap

fr0gman 02-19-2007 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackCrayon (Post 11944158)
was the password based on a dictionary word? im wondering how these theives are able to do this. i very much doubt epass has anything to do with it.

Combo of letters and numbers.

The account was setup by SilverCash about 2 years ago and the password was immediately changed.

dready 02-19-2007 09:16 PM

Why hasn't ePass made any statements regarding this?

djiku 02-20-2007 04:35 AM

I would like to know who is "mfarney69" - another thief account

Vick! 02-20-2007 05:42 AM

If you guys can't protect your passwords and computers, you deserve this. Keeping your money unprotected and unattended and assuming that no one will pick is so lame.

By the way, I personally think ePassporte should have some advanced login protection system like e-gold, they should realize now that many of their customers have IQ level less than 80.

TeenCat 02-20-2007 05:49 AM

lol people if you cant learn that there are always people better than you dont be amazed you are loosing money! find some generated ccbill combo, merge user/pass and you have unhackable password, and if someone steal money again, it must be some db injection or server side scripting and thats something what must payment processor solve. but not if you have pass looking as "pass1234" . wake up you are not alone on the internet

themonk 02-20-2007 05:49 AM

if u dont hold any more there its m ore safer

themonk 02-20-2007 05:52 AM

Quote:

they make more with fees.. do u know how many peiople make transfers take money at atms

TeenCat 02-20-2007 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vick! (Post 11946227)
By the way, I personally think ePassporte should have some advanced login protection system like e-gold, they should realize now that many of their customers have IQ level less than 80.

btw yes, thats the right point, easy ocr and pennywize or similar ip blocking system can be enough to protect system against h*ckers. now everyone can download from google proggie which is working well on epass https too. showing last logged ip adress and number of unsuccessfull tries from last login will be too nice. users will accept that better write few letters and numbers more than keep loosing money. :2 cents:

Vick! 02-20-2007 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeenCat (Post 11946241)
lol people if you cant learn that there are always people better than you dont be amazed you are loosing money! find some generated ccbill combo, merge user/pass and you have unhackable password, and if someone steal money again, it must be some db injection or server side scripting and thats something what must payment processor solve. but not if you have pass looking as "pass1234" . wake up you are not alone on the internet

Well said. But I don't think it could be some db injection or server side hack, if so main target would be big fish not those two penny guys, they are simply too dumb to protect their pockets.

jayeff 02-20-2007 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeenCat (Post 11946241)

I'm not sure threads like this can be productive, but it might help if people didn't make assumptions. This person's password was apparently XX233223445: not the most obscure sequence possible, but nor is it one anyone is likely to arrive at without multiple attempts.

I have no idea if EP lock access after say 3 failed attempts at entry. If not, that would be a first step. A couple of my banks ask several questions when the account is opened and online add one of these questions at random to the id and password for login. Since people rarely write these answers down (they are familiar things like place of birth, first school), even if someone gets hold of your ID and password, they would need to know you very well to get into your account. That helps too.

What bugs me most - and to date I only had this problem with a debit card from a regular bank - is the unwillingness to track down the culprit. I had a card compromised, so I restricted its replacement to online use. It was compromised again, so the third time I used it solely to pay my then host who offered no payment alternatives. It was compromised again.

If my bank made any attempt to trace the offender, they never said so. I made police reports, but you could see their eyes glaze over at the mention of the word "internet". And my host didn't seem in the least interested that unless someone dishonest worked in my bank or my email was being intercepted, logically the thief was likely to be among their staff.

Magix 02-20-2007 06:57 AM

just use better anti spywares program and antvirus and these thigs will stop

beta-tester 02-20-2007 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeenCat (Post 11946255)
btw yes, thats the right point, easy ocr and pennywize or similar ip blocking system can be enough to protect system against h*ckers. now everyone can download from google proggie which is working well on epass https too. showing last logged ip adress and number of unsuccessfull tries from last login will be too nice. users will accept that better write few letters and numbers more than keep loosing money. :2 cents:

this sounds like good idea. It would definitely be great to specify ip addresses from which certain account can be accessed and if you want add another ip, you get email to confirm the addition.
Also good addition would be access list too....last 10 accesses for example, with IP number, maybe matched with other account id and something like that.

ePassporte we definitely need better security as far as logging in to your system is concerned!!

dready 02-20-2007 09:15 AM

1. Limit access by IP.
2. Send a confirmation email for any transfers.
3. Offer SecureID tags like Paypal now has in beta.
4. Have a Turing test on login.
5. Better client suport!!!!

beta-tester 02-20-2007 09:18 AM

couldn't agree more dready :thumbsup

LiveDose 02-20-2007 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dready (Post 11946793)
3. Offer SecureID tags like Paypal now has in beta.

Awesome man. I had no idea. Thanks for the info, I just put in an order.

ID tags are great. I have several for my financial accounts and it gives a lot of peace of mind.:thumbsup

Boobs 02-20-2007 11:06 AM

that sucks, bump for you

tolik 02-20-2007 11:20 AM

this all about people stupidity.

agreed at 100% with Doctor Dre.

only you giving them chance. not epass. not some other guy. only you.

reread TOC

natas 02-20-2007 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dready (Post 11946793)
5. Better client suport!!!!

no fucking doubt man.

it amazes me with the amount of money epass must make on a daily basis, not to mention chris sinking millions into opening his own film company, yet the ONLY guy who seems to do fuck all for the company is keyser soze (michael)

the mind boggles really :Oh crap

Pimpin_J 02-20-2007 11:34 AM

Epass themself doesnt steal anything. Its not a company owned but an idiot and his browser, trying to change the world in their parents basement.
Stuff like that happends 100x more often on paypal, moneybookers and so on.
Epass just gets pushed to death, course every idiot, including myself, starts a thread on GFY about every little epass issue.

u-Bob 02-20-2007 11:40 AM

- E-gold will send you an email with a confirmation link if try to log in using a different browser and/or IP address. Shouldn't be too difficult to implement a similar feature...
- I don't know if epass has any anti-password-guessing features but if they don't they should atleast add a CAPTCHA (for example on the 3rd login attempt)

u-Bob 02-20-2007 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pimpin_J (Post 11947517)
Epass just gets pushed to death, course every idiot, including myself, starts a thread on GFY about every little epass issue.

true .

Vick! 02-20-2007 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pimpin_J (Post 11947517)
Epass themself doesnt steal anything. Its not a company owned but an idiot and his browser, trying to change the world in their parents basement.

:1orglaugh :1orglaugh :1orglaugh very very true.

NTSS 02-20-2007 01:29 PM

Why keep money in epass anyway?

If I load money into epass I spend it right away. If someone deposits money into my epass account I transfer it to my bank account immediately.

Maybe some people cant do this but its the best way to use epass.