GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   WP tube SEO (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1337487)

long198bg 11-11-2020 12:14 PM

WP tube SEO

Hi all,
which SEO plugins you use in your WP tube sites?

greeting

TurboB 11-11-2020 02:09 PM

Only for SEO? Yoast is enough.

ptubes 11-17-2020 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by long198bg (Post 22770713)
Hi all,
which SEO plugins you use in your WP tube sites?

greeting

Rankmath or Yoast... I'm starting to think Rankmath is actually better

CjTheFish 11-17-2020 10:17 PM

Yoast! Rank math is okay too. Really it dosent matter, they do the same thing for the most part.

MattGFY 11-17-2020 11:42 PM

I use a different one on all my sites to see which one works better. There is no difference so far. That's one thing I haven't been able to do is rank any of my wp-script tubes.

just a punk 11-18-2020 12:33 AM

Just a stupid question to the guys who posted above. How exactly Yoast will improve your SEO? Will it make your content unique? Will it enrich it? Will it modify it according to your needs? Will it mix it in any possible and impossible ways? I'm talking about the most and the only important things for SEO, if you are going to receive traffic from Google.

If now, how it could improve your SEO? The only thing that Yoast, it changes your page titles. I'll open you a secret... you can do it much better and more effective by modifying a cuople of lines in your theme sources. I tell you more, if you do so, your site will work much faster than under Yoast, which rewrites your page contents on the fly and makes them load slower, which hits your SEO score...

Yoast is not just a placebo. It's a plugin which has a negative effect on your site in the eyes of Google. Not even mention, that it spoils your pages with dirty fingerprints...

SEO is not about page titles. SEO is about your content and website structure. If you want to make a WP-powered tube site with UNIQUE content, see sig.

TurboB 11-18-2020 01:17 AM

Well, Yoast is useful - it adds meta description, canonical link.
You can have different titles and meta descriptions for different pages.
Also it generates sitemap.

just a punk 11-18-2020 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smeklinis (Post 22774991)
Well, Yoast is useful - it adds meta description, canonical link.

First of all, many themes do all these things as well. If not, you can add two lines of code into your head.php template (or how it's named in your theme). Why would someone install a slow and heavy weight plugin to do so? Do you lease a truck to transport your credit card when you go shopping? Maybe a usual pocket in your shorts will work better for such a purpose?

Quote:

You can have different titles and meta descriptions for different pages.

As I said above, almost all premium themes do it but in a much more waster and organic way. And once again... why can't you do it by yourself?

For example, this is how a standard TwentyTen theme generates the post title:

Code:

<?php
        /*
        * Print the <title> tag based on what is being viewed.
        */
        global $page, $paged;

wp_title( '|', true, 'right' );

// Add the blog name.
        bloginfo( 'name' );

// Add the blog description for the home/front page.
        $site_description = get_bloginfo( 'description', 'display' );
if ( $site_description && ( is_home() || is_front_page() ) ) {
        echo " | $site_description";
}

// Add a page number if necessary:
if ( ( $paged >= 2 || $page >= 2 ) && ! is_404() ) {
        /* translators: %s: Page number. */
        echo esc_html( ' | ' . sprintf( __( 'Page %s', 'twentyten' ), max( $paged, $page ) ) );
}
?>

Can't you modify it according to your own needs? You can change anything and generate any kind of titles you want. Take the original post title and play with it as with a constructor's element: use post tags and categories, use keywords or parts from the article or, add a randomly picked quote etc. First of all, it will be your unique super secret method, but not a standard shit which is used at millions of sites with Yoast... The the most important thing: your site will be light speed fast and your server will tell you a big "THANK YOU"!

Quote:

Also it generates sitemap.

There are 1001 of very small, fast and well-optimized plugins that do the same and much better.

So, Yoast is the most useless and even dangerous plugin which has nothing to do with a real SEO. It's like a cactus on grandma's desk to protect her against the evil computer radiation :1orglaugh

TurboB 11-18-2020 02:36 AM

I did not found where wp-script can generate meta descriptions.

For me Yoast does not slows down website. I have 91/96 - 96/100 on google pagespeed with many ads on my sites. For me its enough.

Also, Roboscripts supports only Yoast.

just a punk 11-18-2020 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smeklinis (Post 22775006)
I did not found where wp-script can generate meta descriptions.

Your theme template can generate them. It doesn't matter which script do you use to generate the posts and pages. The theme will generate everything for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smeklinis (Post 22775006)
For me Yoast does not slows down website.

It slows it down not for you but for your server, which is forced to captures the PHP output of every single page via ob_start / ob_get_clean and replaces the pars of it with its own text. That's a very dirty and resource consuming way to do things. Why should you use this shit and abuse your server if you can do it organically and natively as it's supposed to be?

Ok, I'll try to explain it as easy and as close to reality as possible. When you use Yoast to modify post titles and descriptions you get AR-15 or a Saiga carbine with a bump stock. When you use your WP theme templates to do the same job, you get M4 or AK-47. Is that clear enough?

Yoast works like a bump stock or a crutch for a broken leg to modify your WordPress theme in the most ugly and unnatural way. A normal person would prefer a healthy leg to a crutch and M4 to AR-15. The same rule is actual for WordPress as well. I'm a WordPress developer and I know what I'm talking about.

thezio 11-18-2020 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberSEO (Post 22775024)
Your theme template can generate them. It doesn't matter which script do you use to generate the posts and pages. The theme will generate everything for you.

It slows it down not for you but for your server, which is forced to captures the PHP output of every single page via ob_start / ob_get_clean and replaces the pars of it with its own text. That's a very dirty and resource consuming way to do things. Why should you use this shit and abuse your server if you can do it organically and natively as it's supposed to be?

Ok, I'll try to explain it as easy and as close to reality as possible. When you use Yoast to modify post titles and descriptions you get AR-15 or a Saiga carbine with a bump stock. When you use your WP theme templates to do the same job, you get M4 or AK-47. Is that clear enough?

Yoast works like a bump stock or a crutch for a broken leg to modify your WordPress theme in the most ugly and unnatural way. A normal person would prefer a healthy leg to a crutch and M4 to AR-15. The same rule is actual for WordPress as well. I'm a WordPress developer and I know what I'm talking about.

Nice answer mate. Which plugin / mod do you recommend for on-page seo purposes for those who don't want to edit theme files?

just a punk 11-18-2020 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thezio (Post 22775035)
Nice answer mate. Which plugin / mod do you recommend for on-page seo purposes for those who don't want to edit theme files?

On page? Your own hands. Just modify head.php of your theme to make it do whatever you want and how you want it. There is no plugin which can do that in a proper way, because you have to modify the theme, but not to try to fix PHP output on the fly.

But to be honest, that's not a SEO at all. Your page content and a user experience is the key. So if you want to perform some automatic SEO optimization, look at the tools that modify your content, not post titles and meta tags. The tools that modify and improve it. The tools that make it unique. The tools that catch a surfer who accidentally visited your site, to glue him and don't let him go. That's all Google spying services are expecting to see when they rate your resource.

Do you know that WordPress plugins like CyberSEO can run the sites you won't even guess are not human-managed?

Check this site: https://bit.ly/36LNsEW

Do you think there is some guy who makes all these posts every day? A guy who writes post titles and descriptions? A guy who gives them names? A guy who downloads all the videos and images to his own server? A guy who makes screen-caps for videos? A guy who crops the thumbnails and makes the image galleries manually? A guy who inserts banners and other ads to every post?

No, there is no such a guy. There is just some smart plugin which name is CyberSEO Pro. It does all the things, mentioned above every day 24/7 without any delays and excuses, while you are drinking beer in the pub or just chilling.

If I didn't tell you this is a site, which is managed by AI, would you discover it by yourself? The search engines are smart today, but they are not smarter than an average human surfer...

That site is attractive for visitors and they are happy to spend their time at it. That's the only thing Google wants to know...

Colmike9 11-18-2020 09:43 AM

Agreed, doing SEO yourself is better in the long run than using plugins.
But.. If you plan on editing your theme scripts, just be sure to learn about child themes so that updates won't mess up everything that you did. :upsidedow

just a punk 11-19-2020 02:38 AM

Indeed. There are two obvious solutions: to refuse the updates (just rename the plugin's folder) or to make a child theme for it, which is actually a very easy task: https://developer.wordpress.org/them.../child-themes/

Tjeezers 12-03-2020 07:31 AM

CyberSEO deserves a bump...
Answers are always detailed, explains in a nice way. Learning always something new with him.

ruff 12-03-2020 07:39 AM

This was good advice from CyberSEO. Thanks.

DraX 12-06-2020 05:42 AM

Bumb for cyber, good advice indeed.

Phenix Cash 12-06-2020 12:52 PM

CyberSEO +