GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Dozens of Trump supporters tricked to protesting at a store to save its flag (video) (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1304953)

Bladewire 10-22-2018 08:01 AM

Dozens of Trump supporters tricked to protesting at a store to save its flag (video)

Trump supporters to the rescue to save a flag from being burned :1orglaugh

"Attendees told the Gazette they’d heard rumors Antifa members planned to burn the giant American flag at the shopping mall."

“We don’t care if it’s a prank,” a counter-protestor told the Gazette. “We’re going to show up because what’s going to happen is they’re going to call this and then we ain’t going to show up and then they’re going to really burn down an American flag and it’s going to cause someone to seriously have problems.”

‘Antifa’ Facebook prank sends Trump supporters to protect North Carolina outdoors store

GASTONIA, N.C. — Several dozen people showed up to a North Carolina outdoors store on Saturday to mount a counter-protest against an Antifa rally that didn’t exist.

A recent Facebook page called Gaston County Antifa, which is a portmanteau for “antifascist,” had posted earlier in the week that group members “from at least 10 states” were planning to gather in front of the Gander Outdoors store in the Franklin Square shopping center in Gastonia. Other than the Facebook page, there’s no evidence of any such group actually existing in Gaston County, but that didn’t stop those spreading the rumors. Even local website CharlotteStories ran a widely shared article about the fake rally.

The dozens of counter-protesters stood in front of the Gander store waving flags, including U.S., Confederate and Trump flags. Some, like Terry Pennington, came from outside the county to be at the outdoors store.

A massive American flag flies from the parking lot in front of the store, and Pennington said he’d heard that Antifa members were going to light it on fire.

“They ain’t here because they’re still in their momma’s basement,” Pennington said.

Pennington made the trip to Gastonia from Locust. He said the Gaston County Antifa post was “most likely” a prank.

“But you see the true supporters,” Pennington said. “We don’t care if it’s a prank. We’re going to show up because what’s going to happen is they’re going to call this and then we ain’t going to show up and then they’re going to really burn down an American flag and it’s going to cause someone to seriously have problems.”

The Gaston Antifa post claimed the point of the rally was to start a petition to remove “the Nazi statue at the Gaston County Courthouse and recruiting new members.” There’s no Nazi statue in front of the courthouse. There is, however, a Confederate statue in front of the courthouse, and some of the people who showed up at the store Saturday were members of the Sons of Confederate Veterans.

Some online responses to the Gaston County Antifa Facebook posts threatened violence.

Police at the scene said there had been no problems reported by about 10:30 a.m.

Gastonia officer B. Syboutlan said police presence was “just precaution, pretty much.”

The Columbus Dispatch

‘Antifa’ Facebook prank sends Trump supporters to protect North Carolina outdoors store

By Dashiell Coleman, The Gaston Gazette
Posted Oct 21, 2018 at 7:40 AM
GASTONIA, N.C. — Several dozen people showed up to a North Carolina outdoors store on Saturday to mount a counter-protest against an Antifa rally that didn’t exist.

A recent Facebook page called Gaston County Antifa, which is a portmanteau for “antifascist,” had posted earlier in the week that group members “from at least 10 states” were planning to gather in front of the Gander Outdoors store in the Franklin Square shopping center in Gastonia. Other than the Facebook page, there’s no evidence of any such group actually existing in Gaston County, but that didn’t stop those spreading the rumors. Even local website CharlotteStories ran a widely shared article about the fake rally.

The dozens of counter-protesters stood in front of the Gander store waving flags, including U.S., Confederate and Trump flags. Some, like Terry Pennington, came from outside the county to be at the outdoors store.

A massive American flag flies from the parking lot in front of the store, and Pennington said he’d heard that Antifa members were going to light it on fire.

“They ain’t here because they’re still in their momma’s basement,” Pennington said.

Join the conversation at Facebook.com/dispatchpolitics and connect with us on Twitter @OhioPoliticsNow
Pennington made the trip to Gastonia from Locust. He said the Gaston County Antifa post was “most likely” a prank.

“But you see the true supporters,” Pennington said. “We don’t care if it’s a prank. We’re going to show up because what’s going to happen is they’re going to call this and then we ain’t going to show up and then they’re going to really burn down an American flag and it’s going to cause someone to seriously have problems.”

The Gaston Antifa post claimed the point of the rally was to start a petition to remove “the Nazi statue at the Gaston County Courthouse and recruiting new members.” There’s no Nazi statue in front of the courthouse. There is, however, a Confederate statue in front of the courthouse, and some of the people who showed up at the store Saturday were members of the Sons of Confederate Veterans.

Some online responses to the Gaston County Antifa Facebook posts threatened violence.

Police at the scene said there had been no problems reported by about 10:30 a.m.

Gastonia officer B. Syboutlan said police presence was “just precaution, pretty much.”

Listen to the NewsCycle podcast:

The Gaston County Antifa page posted a photo of a group of people in the woods, claiming it was taken recently in Asheville, but the same photo had been used before, including by a Colorado Antifa page. The local Facebook page also claimed its members had been “training and preparing” from “the gym to the gun range” and posted a video in which a masked figure called the NRA “basically a terrorist organization” and claimed that the Civil War was fought against “the Britons.”

Earlier in the week, Cleveland County Sheriff’s Maj. Joel Shores posted to Facebook that local law enforcement had no evidence any such group actually exists here. The Gaston Antifa page had also made posts about that agency.

“We believe at this time there is no such group in Gaston County,” Shores wrote. “Unfortunately, social media can be a platform for one person to cause concerns and try to entice violence and hate.”

Pennington told The Gazette he and others planned to stay at Gander Outdoors “until we know Antifa ain’t coming.”

People were still outside of the store close to noon.

Rochard 10-22-2018 08:17 AM

LOL. So fake: https://www.facebook.com/Gaston-Coun...9864741043383/

Bladewire 10-22-2018 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rochard (Post 22353836)

They are so gullible :1orglaugh

crockett 10-22-2018 08:46 AM

LoL these people are so fucking stupid...

Acepimp 10-22-2018 09:02 AM

So you're in favor of flag burning then? Imagine my shock :1orglaugh:1orglaugh

Bladewire 10-22-2018 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acepimp (Post 22353864)

No I'm against flag burning I think it's unpatriotic.

All you have is lies it's sad.

crockett 10-22-2018 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acepimp (Post 22353864)

^^^ one of the gullibles still thinks the flag was getting burned.. :1orglaugh

bronco67 10-22-2018 09:11 AM

It's okay to be patriotic. It's the overly patriotic assholes you have to watch out for. They're so blinded by their "patriotism" they forget what freedom of speech is.

I actually served my country in the military and I don't think anyone should be prevented from protesting things they don't like about America. Most of these assholes who wave the flag in everyone's faces couldn't have bothered themselves with signing up for military service. If someone hasn't served, then they can just shut the fuck up (from Mom's basement) about who gets to do what with a US flag.

Rochard 10-22-2018 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bladewire (Post 22353848)
They are so gullible :1orglaugh

It's batshit crazy.

I don't allow politics on my personal wall on FB, so you can't tell what I believe in when it comes to politics. So being as I have this new Patriot Newsletter I joined a bunch of hardcore Republican groups. It's utterly insane what they discuss and what they believe in.

TheSquealer 10-22-2018 10:41 AM

10/21/2018
President Trump’s approval rating is at an all-time high ahead of the midterm elections, according to the latest national NBC/Wall Street Journal poll.

The poll, released Sunday, shows 47 percent of registered voters approve and 49 percent disapprove of Trump’s job in office. The approval rating is Trump’s highest yet as president, up from 44 percent last month, and is now higher than President Obama’s was before the 2010 midterm election.
https://i.imgur.com/QSy2xRv.jpg

bronco67 10-22-2018 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSquealer (Post 22353951)
10/21/2018
President Trump’s approval rating is at an all-time high ahead of the midterm elections, according to the latest national NBC/Wall Street Journal poll.

The poll, released Sunday, shows 47 percent of registered voters approve and 49 percent disapprove of Trump’s job in office. The approval rating is Trump’s highest yet as president, up from 44 percent last month, and is now higher than President Obama’s was before the 2010 midterm election.
https://i.imgur.com/QSy2xRv.jpg

That picture is ridiculous. Fucking silver spoon draft dodger standing on a tank. He shouldn't be allowed to lick the boot of an American soldier. Fuck you for not knowing a con man when you see one.

crockett 10-22-2018 12:59 PM

Maybe we should trick them into protecting weight watchers next time.

Acepimp 10-22-2018 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bladewire (Post 22353866)
No I'm against flag burning I think it's unpatriotic.

All you have is lies it's sad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by crockett (Post 22353868)
^^^ one of the gullibles still thinks the flag was getting burned.. :1orglaugh

But you clowns are ridiculing people who show up to defend a large flag from being burned? That doesn't seem unpatriotic?? :action-sm

directfiesta 10-22-2018 02:43 PM

Why the secession flag ????

looks like a mob outside a store .....

Bladewire 10-22-2018 02:48 PM

So many Trump supporters without jobs standing outside a mall

OneHungLo 10-22-2018 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acepimp (Post 22354062)
But you clowns are ridiculing people who show up to defend a large flag from being burned? That doesn't seem unpatriotic?? :action-sm

I've yet to see a Bladewire thread that hasn't backfired on him.

Poor Bladewire loses....again

Bladewire 10-22-2018 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneHungLo (Post 22354081)

Burning a flag is protected speech. I don't like it. I think it's unpatriotic and tacky.

Being a protester, that's there to protest protesters, is stupid, because you're protesting free speech, which is fascist.

Acepimp 10-22-2018 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bladewire (Post 22354093)
Burning a flag is protected speech. I don't like it. I think it's unpatriotic and tacky.

Being a protester, that's there to protest protesters, is stupid, because you're protesting free speech, which is fascist.

Burning a large flag in a shopping center is not protected speech. File that under arson and destruction of property.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneHungLo (Post 22354081)

:1orglaugh:1orglaugh:1orglaugh

OneHungLo 10-22-2018 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bladewire (Post 22354093)

You never said shit about antifa burning down schools because they were triggered by some alt-right speaker. Now thats fascist.

kane 10-22-2018 06:10 PM

Democrats aren't helping themselves with stuff like this. They don't need to give Republicans more motivation to get out and vote and doing stuff like this is exactly what they are doing.

Bladewire 10-22-2018 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kane (Post 22354186)
Democrats aren't helping themselves with stuff like this. They don't need to give Republicans more motivation to get out and vote and doing stuff like this is exactly what they are doing.

Antifa aren't Democrats, they are far left Peace and Freedom Party members with some Green party members and Bernie bros.

Antifa sees Democrats as a corporate-money controlled neo-liberal or “center-right” political party.

Bladewire 10-22-2018 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneHungLo (Post 22354184)
You never said shit about antifa burning down schools because they were triggered by some alt-right speaker. Now thats fascist.

Yes I did say that.

I said that protesting free speech is wrong as is damaging a school in the process.

I wish you'd have a genuine honest conversation instead of this lying BS because it's easier for you to paint everyone who doesn't agree 100% with you as far left instead of as an individuals with their own opinions. Lazy in your part, not to mention dishonest.

nico-t 10-22-2018 06:23 PM

I think you and the other relentless anti trump spammers actually work for the trump administration.... because if there is one thing that has only helped him in popularity, it's this type of excessive anti trump reporting. You're just doing the ol' reverse psychology trick! So great thread, and thanks for doing your part in getting him elected :) And keep up the good work i got your back. Trump 2020! :thumbsup

kane 10-22-2018 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bladewire (Post 22354188)
Antifa aren't Democrats, they are far left Peace and Freedom Party members with some Green party members and Bernie bros.

Antifa sees Democrats as a corporate-money controlled neo-liberal or “center-right” political party.

And most Republicans see them as Democrats.

Reality doesn't matter, perception does.