GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   "Peaky Blinders" - Good show, but British Culture? (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1297790)

lezinterracial 04-13-2018 12:44 AM

"Peaky Blinders" - Good show, but British Culture?

I like it, Good story line, Great scenery and actors. But I feel I know British culture from interacting on this board. I haven't heard anybody mention of toilets or turds.

CaptainHowdy 04-13-2018 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lezinterracial (Post 22253146)

I like it, Good story line, Great scenery and actors. But I feel I know British culture from interacting on this board. I haven't heard anybody mention of toilets or turds.

Those ones are half British, half German.

CurrentlySober 04-13-2018 03:48 AM

Quote:

Fuck ! Sorry ! I guess I need to up my game a bit...

Stand by for a spurt of triple posting coming up to redeem myself...

NewNick 04-13-2018 05:45 AM

Quote:

Fucking pikeys.

ironwebmaster 04-13-2018 06:48 AM

You guys meam Irish right? I don't understand the post :p

ilnjscb 04-13-2018 11:29 AM

Not watching anything with such a stupid title. I don't care if Shakespeare wrote it.

Ross 04-13-2018 01:54 PM

Being mostly dominated by US people on GFY, British people probably adjust their words to make life simpler. I know I do this, I live in Canada but I'm Scottish, I adjust my words a lot here to make life easier. When I go back home, I ask where the toilet is instead of washrooms. I buy Petrol instead of Gas, I eat crisps instead of potato chips.

Diomed 04-13-2018 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironwebmaster (Post 22253276)
You guys meam Irish right? I don't understand the post :p

Weird isn't it..

But let's keep it real here.. That show is for insecure fags.

Nerd alert homos who think a 5,4 Cillian Murphy could ever possibly play a "tough" guy. Tired of these wanna be hard shows appealing to the dumbass male demographic.

C H R I S 04-16-2018 04:32 AM

One of my all time favorite shows.

hdbuilder 04-16-2018 07:07 AM

I like that show, been watching it since the beginning and yes its British base culture of gangs in that time...

starling 04-16-2018 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilnjscb (Post 22253454)
Not watching anything with such a stupid title. I don't care if Shakespeare wrote it.

I've not seen the show but that was the name of a gang in the 1930s I think

CaptainHowdy 04-16-2018 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diomed (Post 22253552)
Weird isn't it..

Nerd alert homos who think a 5,4 Cillian Murphy could ever possibly play a "tough" guy. Tired of these wanna be hard shows appealing to the dumbass male demographic.

:1orglaugh :thumbsup ...

lezinterracial 04-16-2018 04:02 PM

Quote:

That pretty much describes me. I stopped once I saw Adrian Brody. I don't think I could take watching him beat somebody up in slow-mo with Nick Cave playing.

mineistaken 04-22-2018 11:47 AM

Quote:

Weird isn't it..

Cillian has a face for a tough guy.
His height is listed as 1.75m, which is not anything to stop anybody from being tough in real life.
Not to mention you can not even tell on the screen l that he is not some 1,80 m or any average height.

Ridiculous attempt here :1orglaugh

GAMEFINEST 04-22-2018 12:03 PM

Its a good show
I like it

Wilsy 04-22-2018 02:17 PM

Yeah we try and adapt what we say so the US guys know what we are saying but a lavatory in UK is called a toilet and a turd is a shit, there are lots of things we say here that we do not use on this board as it is majority US users.
Peaky blinders is a great show i live near Birmingham and we all have funny accents. i prefer to use Skype when i speak to Americans as majority struggle to understand what i say when i talk on phones lol