GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   News Donald Trump stuns allies by signalling backing for tighter gun control (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1295829)

Paul Markham 03-01-2018 01:34 AM

Donald Trump stuns allies by signalling backing for tighter gun control

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...MCNEWEML6619I2

Quote:

Trump tells senators: ?You?re afraid of the NRA? ? video
Donald Trump has repeatedly endorsed a series of gun control proposals that put the Republican president at odds with the National Rifle Association and stunned lawmakers within his own party.

The president made the remarks during an extraordinary, hour-long White House meeting on Wednesday with congressional Republicans and Democrats who are under pressure to address gun violence in the aftermath of the massacre at a Florida high school earlier this month.
Will he get it passed?

k0nr4d 03-01-2018 01:48 AM

Realistically I see the need for handguns for self defense, shotguns and rifles for hunting, but what does someone reasonably need an assault rifle for besides as a hobby shooting one at a gun range?

In PL almost no one has guns, and most of the ones that do are hunters. I think < 1% of the population has firearms. Gun crime is absolutely unheard of here because of this BUT the situations Poland has previously been in allow this to work. Taking away guns in the US will absolutely end up with "bad guys with guns, good guys defenseless"...

hjnet 03-01-2018 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0nr4d (Post 22224721)
Realistically I see the need for handguns for self defense, shotguns and rifles for hunting, but what does someone reasonably need an assault rifle for besides as a hobby shooting one at a gun range?

In PL almost no one has guns, and most of the ones that do are hunters. I think < 1% of the population has firearms. Gun crime is absolutely unheard of here because of this BUT the situations Poland has previously been in allow this to work. Taking away guns in the US will absolutely end up with "bad guys with guns, good guys defenseless"...

1) In most industrialized countries the absolute, final power is granted to it's population by the constitution.

2) But this is only in theory. In most countries, if things go in the wrong direction the final power will be in the hands of the person who controls the military & police.

3) But not in the US. Due to the gun laws there people REALLY have the power. No foreign military and not even the US Army could keep 300 million armed people under control.

4) Please remember that Poland was occupied 2 times by a foreign oppressor during the last 100 years. 5 years by Germany, and I'd say 45 years by the Sowjet Union. That would have been a lot harder (if not impossible) if they would have been armed like the US population...

That's IMHO the reason why some people in the US insist on their constitutional right to have arms. Although I'm not really sure myself if the price they're paying isn't too high...

pimpmaster9000 03-01-2018 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hjnet (Post 22224785)

3) But not in the US. Due to the gun laws there people REALLY have the power. No foreign military and not even the US Army could keep 300 million armed people under control.

how do you fight a tank with a pistol?

Paul Markham 03-01-2018 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hjnet (Post 22224785)
1) In most industrialized countries the absolute, final power is granted to it's population by the constitution.

What does the Constitution say about women voting, slaves, Indians and slaves?

It can and has been altered to fit the times.

Quote:

2) But this is only in theory. In most countries, if things go in the wrong direction the final power will be in the hands of the person who controls the military & police.

4) Please remember that Poland was occupied 2 times by a foreign oppressor during the last 100 years. 5 years by Germany, and I'd say 45 years by the Sowjet Union. That would have been a lot harder (if not impossible) if they would have been armed like the US population...
Do you really think 300 million will take up arms?

Those that will face the best-armed military in the world and police that have militarised. They will get mowed down.

In reality, you have given away your rights by allowing the 1% to bribe politicians. Did you take up arms?

Quote:

That's IMHO the reason why some people in the US insist on their constitutional right to have arms. Although I'm not really sure myself if the price they're paying isn't too high...
In modern times the price is far too high. But the arms industry insist it stays.

beerptrol 03-01-2018 04:43 AM

But..but..Obama, Hillary, and the democrats were the ones who wanted to take away their 2nd amendment.

So chump wants to do away with due process and take the guns...lol

bronco67 03-01-2018 07:06 AM

He'll change his mind once Stephen Miller whispers in his ear. He likes to tout himself as his own man, and he seems to have that reputation for some strange reason -- but our president is malleable with a capital M. His opinion is dictated by the need to please whoever is in his presence at that moment. The very definition of a beta male.

He shows this time and time again and it'll be no different in this instance. Watch...whatever he said about gun control will get thrown out the window within a few days.

tony286 03-01-2018 07:17 AM

I can actually see this happening for two reasons. Kids died and I can actually see Trump taking this personally. That it happened on his watch.Also he is from Manhattan which very very strict gun laws. Also he talks all the bullshit but he isn't a gun guy.

tony286 03-01-2018 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Markham (Post 22224797)
What does the Constitution say about women voting, slaves, Indians and slaves?

It can and has been altered to fit the times.

Do you really think 300 million will take up arms?

Those that will face the best-armed military in the world and police that have militarised. They will get mowed down.

In reality, you have given away your rights by allowing the 1% to bribe politicians. Did you take up arms?

In modern times the price is far too high. But the arms industry insist it stays.

I have to say Paul, Bravo well said. Also the army doesn't even have to face them,they will just send out armed drones and it's over. These guns nuts should learn history.Armed up risings has happened twice here and they were squashed.It was in the early days when it was muskets and both times they lost.

DBS.US 03-01-2018 07:33 AM

Take the guns first, go through due process second. Donald Trump

Paul Markham 03-01-2018 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBS.US (Post 22224989)
Take the guns first, go through due process second. Donald Trump

What would you do with your guns if a tank turns up on your lawn?

Rochard 03-01-2018 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0nr4d (Post 22224721)

LOL. It's not an "assault rifle". It's a "assault weapon" that happens to be a rifle.