GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Applying for Trademark (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1295357)

drexl 02-24-2018 03:48 AM

Applying for Trademark

Hi,

When buying a domain name you want to develop into a brand, I presume it is a good idea to apply for a trademark.

Given the industry we are in, can someone give specific advice on the topic?

One of my concerns was that I wasn't feeling too kin on having my hot brand name associated to my name and home address on a public database.

I am sure there are other considerations. I am also interested in your own experience: pitfall, how long it takes etc .. And is a trademark worldwide or country specific?

Thank you

the Shemp 02-24-2018 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drexl (Post 22218105)
Hi,

When buying a domain name you want to develop into a brand, I presume it is a good idea to apply for a trademark.

Given the industry we are in, can someone give specific advice on the topic?

One of my concerns was that I wasn't feeling too kin on having my hot brand name associated to my name and home address on a public database.

I am sure there are other considerations. I am also interested in your own experience: pitfall, how long it takes etc .. And is a trademark worldwide or country specific?

Thank you

check out Brian R. Gibbons, P.A. | Home
he has done trademark work for me ...

GAMEFINEST 02-24-2018 09:00 AM

Need a trademark lawyer not gfy

pimpmaster9000 02-24-2018 09:04 AM

go to nissan.com

does not belong to the auto maker....

Busty2 02-24-2018 09:35 AM

Try this

https://www.uspto.gov/trademarks-get...ademark-basics

tfto 02-24-2018 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busty2 (Post 22218359)

I have two Trademarks. From personal experience, I can tell you that, In the US you will have to jump through a lot of hoops. Your TM will be heavily scrutinized. If you use wording that they consider too broad, you won't get the TM.

A TM lawyer will be money wisely spent. They will be able to navigate you through all the BS.

ZENRA 02-24-2018 01:13 PM

As others wrote above, yes absolutely hire the services of a trademark lawyer. Many options out there and not too pricey (assuming you're only looking to do it in one country). I used one for ZENRA and it was relatively easy on this end thanks to him.

Oh, and per your privacy concerns, best get a business address and incorporate if you haven't already. That's what probably will show up when people search for your trademark.

Good luck.

NemesisEnforcer 02-24-2018 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tfto (Post 22218415)
I have two Trademarks. From personal experience, I can tell you that, In the US you will have to jump through a lot of hoops. Your TM will be heavily scrutinized. If you use wording that they consider too broad, you won't get the TM.

A TM lawyer will be money wisely spent. They will be able to navigate you through all the BS.

QFT, you won't believe the names I have trademarked for adult and the tactics used to get past USPTO. :pimp

lock 02-24-2018 08:40 PM

You probably won't need brand protection if you have the domain to begin with.

tfto 02-24-2018 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lock (Post 22219261)
You probably won't need brand protection if you have the domain to begin with.

The domain doesn't mean shit. You need the TM to protect the site name/business name/domain name.

tfto 02-24-2018 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NemesisEnforcer (Post 22219257)
QFT, you won't believe the names I have trademarked for adult and the tactics used to get past USPTO. :pimp

My two Tm's are for mainstrean business's. You wouldn't believe the shit I had to go through. In the end, having a TM lawyer took care of everything and I got the TM's. Cost less than a grand for both TM's.

DraX 02-24-2018 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tfto (Post 22218415)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tfto (Post 22219319)
My two Tm's are for mainstrean business's. You wouldn't believe the shit I had to go through. In the end, having a TM lawyer took care of everything and I got the TM's. Cost less than a grand for both TM's.

Very good advice. 1K per TM's doesn't sound that bad. I know these legal services can quickly get out of hand.