GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What you would do.... (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1294623)

Klen 02-15-2018 02:02 PM

What you would do....

If you would chit-chat with an affiliate manager of program, and suddenly he would show you
site of another affiliate, tell you about his traffic generation method , and his revenue ?

Would you feel excited for getting that info, or you would be disturbed , considering what exactly prevent him to share your stats/methods with other affiliate as well ?

Cyber Fucker 02-15-2018 06:36 PM

How would I feel about it? The second one...

And what would I do about it... I guess there is nothing much to do about it... if he is just an employee you could report him to his boss. But I guess I would let it go...

Now... what program was this? :)

Rochard 02-15-2018 06:41 PM

Very good question really.

An affiliate manager isn't supposed to be handing out confidential tricks and information. But at the same time, his job is to help you make money.

Grapesoda 02-15-2018 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rochard (Post 22206347)

An affiliate manager isn't supposed to be handing out confidential tricks and information. But at the same time, his job is to help you make money.

yup :2 cents:

Tjeezers 02-16-2018 01:14 AM

Maybe he was bragging to get you on board.

davidCRM 02-16-2018 01:39 AM

depends on how generic is the other WM's method. if it's a no-brainer then it's ok to mention (but without namedropping)

brassmonkey 02-16-2018 01:44 AM

why would you post that here? lol

Bladewire 02-16-2018 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KlenTelaris (Post 22205943)
If you would chit-chat with an affiliate manager of program, and suddenly he would show you
site of another affiliate, tell you about his traffic generation method , and his revenue ?

Would you feel excited for getting that info, or you would be disturbed , considering what exactly prevent him to share your stats/methods with other affiliate as well ?

No honor amongst thieves. You lie with dogs you get flees. This particular affiliate manager is a whore and your data is his currency. Stay with that program and all your traffic & sales methods will be shared with the highest bidder :2 cents:

j3rkules 02-16-2018 02:14 AM

It is not a good practice for sure.

MFCT 02-16-2018 02:50 AM

What would I do? Hmm. I would do Angela Allen!

https://youtu.be/XJ1-hyRJSHY

Affiliate manager, I like working for your company. I'm grateful for the income I continue to earn. But how about taking me off your damn bulk e-mail lists? Its a daily battle trying to keep my inbox from reaching 100%, at which point I'd be missing actual e-mails. Consequently, they're having the opposite effect of their intent.

Klen 02-16-2018 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MFCT (Post 22206657)
What would I do? Hmm. I would do Angela Allen!

https://youtu.be/XJ1-hyRJSHY

Affiliate manager, I like working for your company. I'm grateful for the income I continue to earn. But how about taking me off your damn bulk e-mail lists? Its a daily battle trying to keep my inbox from reaching 100%, at which point I'd be missing actual e-mails. Consequently, they're having the opposite effect of their intent.

Not sure you what are you trying to say here :1orglaugh
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyber Fucker (Post 22206339)
How would I feel about it? The second one...

And what would I do about it... I guess there is nothing much to do about it... if he is just an employee you could report him to his boss. But I guess I would let it go...

Now... what program was this? :)

It is mainstream program, so no point to post it.
Quote:

Funny you post here since you were doing something similar, by posting your affiliates url's on gfy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tjeezers_Brokerbabe (Post 22206571)
Maybe he was bragging to get you on board.

Yes, he was quite pushy to get me send traffic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidCRM (Post 22206601)
depends on how generic is the other WM's method. if it's a no-brainer then it's ok to mention (but without namedropping)

It is generic, but still with exact details.

Quote:

Originally Posted by brassmonkey (Post 22206603)
why would you post that here? lol

Because it's always interesting to hear opinion of other webmasters.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bladewire (Post 22206613)
No honor amongst thieves. You lie with dogs you get flees. This particular affiliate manager is a whore and your data is his currency. Stay with that program and all your traffic & sales methods will be shared with the highest bidder :2 cents:

[/img]

Years ago i would agree with you, but if you would ask me is there a company which doing online business and is 100% honest and clean, i would say there is no such company, so no point to bother with it. But yes i should be very careful dealing with them.

Zeiss 02-16-2018 05:39 AM

Quote:

:thumbsup:2 cents:

CaptainHowdy 02-16-2018 06:04 AM

It is questionable, but then again, this is a questionable line of work.

Rubyconne 02-16-2018 06:44 AM

It's very questionable and I would be suspicious that he'd do the same to me.

davidCRM 02-19-2018 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KlenTelaris (Post 22206735)
It is generic, but still with exact details.

BAD: ... For example here is my partner, JohnDoe from HugeLoadOfCash who has earned 500k by buying at OtherHugeHeapOfCash.

GOOD: ... I would suggest you to try this method, one of my top clients with a similar product as yours nearly tripled their revenue with this.

Klen 02-19-2018 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidCRM (Post 22210699)
BAD: ... For example here is my partner, JohnDoe from HugeLoadOfCash who has earned 500k by buying at OtherHugeHeapOfCash.

GOOD: ... I would suggest you to try this method, one of my top clients with a similar product as yours nearly tripled their revenue with this.

It was like this: wm with website xxx, targets top keywords related to product, earns 70$ daily. So there was no mention of exact keywords, but it's not rocket science to extract most popular keywords from google adwords in specific niche.

INever 02-19-2018 04:52 AM

He could have told you that without referring to the specific person. Sounds like he was just backing up his assertions with an example. If it's 70 a day, it sounds relatively harmless. If it was 700 a day, I'd be more concerned about confidentiality.