GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   eToro (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1290243)

Craft 01-03-2018 06:21 AM

eToro

Does anyone knows thes place? - where do you shop your crypto?

HomerSimpson 01-03-2018 10:26 AM

Stay away from eToro!
They don't sell cryptos - they sell crypto features (contracts not actual coins!)

If you want to buy some currency check out CoinBase :thumbsup:thumbsup

Later you can exchange coins you buy there for some other alt-coins at HitBTC

Craft 01-03-2018 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerSimpson (Post 22145751)
Stay away from eToro!
They don't sell cryptos - they sell crypto features (contracts not actual coins!)

So you buy something fake? I wanted to buy Riddle.

If you want to buy some currency check out CoinBase :thumbsup:thumbsup

Later you can exchange coins you buy there for some other alt-coins at HitBTC

How do you get them out as dollars?

HomerSimpson 01-03-2018 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craft (Post 22145892)
How do you get them out as dollars?

You simply reverse the process:

In case you have just BTC/ETH/LTC you just sell these at CoinBase and then just withdraw the USD to your bank account.

If you have some other (alt)coins you would have to exchange them on the HitBTC back to BTC/ETH/LTC and then do the above.

Craft 01-04-2018 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerSimpson (Post 22146288)
You simply reverse the process:

In case you have just BTC/ETH/LTC you just sell these at CoinBase and then just withdraw the USD to your bank account.

If you have some other (alt)coins you would have to exchange them on the HitBTC back to BTC/ETH/LTC and then do the above.

I get you are into thes. What is your thoughts on Ripple?

HomerSimpson 01-04-2018 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craft (Post 22146999)
I get you are into thes. What is your thoughts on Ripple?

Well I'm not that much into it...

IMHO you have two options to buy BTC/ETC/LTC and hold for long term (6m, 1year) and then sell and make a profit and I think this probably the safer bet...

The other way would be to do altcoins. This can be much dangerous. Currently since last June (~6 months) I'm having 2000% return on Stellar (XLM) and 900% on Ripple (XRP).

Unfortunately, my volumes in these two coins are not that big so I'm not making some serious money but it's not bad.

Craft 01-04-2018 04:22 AM

I understand. My plan is to buy and sit for 12 months and probably sell if I have a profit.

It's just for a little fun.

So Ripple you buy at coinbase to?

I have been reading up on reviews on most coin sellers. Bad reviews all around.

HomerSimpson 01-04-2018 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craft (Post 22147041)
I understand. My plan is to buy and sit for 12 months and probably sell if I have a profit.

It's just for a little fun.

So Ripple you buy at coinbase to?

I have been reading up on reviews on most coin sellers. Bad reviews all around.

No I buy Bitcoins on Coinbase, send them to HitBTC and there I exchange Bitcoins for Ripple.

I keep my portfolio at https://www.cryptocompare.com so I know exactly and in realtime how well is any of my coins doing.

Your strategy of buying and keeping something for 12 months isn't bad. Here's an interesting chart showing how much would you earn if you spent 1k on any of these coins in the past year:
https://i.imgur.com/1CcHMNQ.jpg

Craft 01-04-2018 04:44 AM

I guess if i invested 500 us last year i could pull out grt money from Ripple. Would not be that bad.

Thanks for your advice. But i can see why someone want to use etoro. Thes is more work.

HomerSimpson 01-04-2018 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craft (Post 22147077)
I guess if i invested 500 us last year i could pull out grt money from Ripple. Would not be that bad.

Thanks for your advice. But i can see why someone want to use etoro. Thes is more work.

Have you used it before?
One of the reasons is that you're not buying the actual coins! AFAIK you're just betting on the price. If you loose bet you loose money/contract. While when you buy coins if they go down tomorrow you can just wait more until they are back up or you can sell them or trade them for something else. You just have more control and you're buying the actual stuff.

Craft 01-04-2018 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HomerSimpson (Post 22147086)
Have you used it before?
One of the reasons is that you're not buying the actual coins! AFAIK you're just betting on the price. If you loose bet you loose money/contract. While when you buy coins if they go down tomorrow you can just wait more until they are back up or you can sell them or trade them for something else. You just have more control and you're buying the actual stuff.

One of my friends has, its lookes esay and neet. To Easy. That's why aim here. Researching.

Solid info thanks a lot. I really appreciate it.

HomerSimpson 01-04-2018 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craft (Post 22147107)
One of my friends has, its lookes esay and neet. To Easy. That's why aim here. Researching.

Solid info thanks a lot. I really appreciate it.

You're welcome. If you happen to have more questions you can contact me directly. My email is in the signature.

Craft 01-04-2018 05:27 AM

Thanks. The last one i guess there is a big change my friend can lose his money is there not?

HomerSimpson 01-04-2018 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craft (Post 22147116)
Thanks. The last one i guess there is a big change my friend can lose his money is there not?

I'm not 100% sure but if you scroll down to the bottom of eToro site you'll find this:

Quote:

CFDs are leveraged products. Trading in CFDs related to foreign exchange, commodities,indices and other underlying variables, carries a high level of risk and can result in the loss of all of your investment. As such, CFDs may not be suitable for all investors. You should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. Before deciding to trade, you should become aware of all the risks associated with CFD trading, and seek advice from an independent and suitably licensed financial advisor...
Than you can read about it in here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contract_for_difference
https://www.cmcmarkets.com/en/learn-.../what-are-cfds
https://www.investopedia.com/article...rade-a-cfd.asp

So, even if you buy for eg. Apple stock on eToro - you haven't actually bought the stock (you won't get any dividends or voting rights) you bought a CFD contract and you're actually speculating how the price of that stock will be in future.

The risks are MUCH higher but also are possible gains (I can explain in more detail how this works but let's keep it simple for now).

IMHO this has nothing to do with investing - this is more like betting. So if you want to invest money into stocks or into coins - buy the actual stock/coin and not the CFD/contract!

Just my :2 cents:

EDIT: Just to answer your question: Yes I think your friend can lose all his money he spent on eToro while if he bought any coins these coins would probably have some value even if the price goes down. So he could sell them or trade them for another coin while if he loses money in eToro it's lost completely.

XMaster 01-04-2018 06:43 AM

do not use eToro. I use coinbase to buy bitcoin and binance to trade.

tornell 01-04-2018 07:03 AM

Coinbase

k0nr4d 01-04-2018 07:57 AM

I looked into etoro, looked like a bunch of crap. They don't actually own the crypto they are buying and selling and you are basically betting not trading.

NatalieK 01-04-2018 10:02 AM

anyone use metamask?

HomerSimpson 01-04-2018 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GspotProductions (Post 22147455)
anyone use metamask?

I remember installing it once but never actually used it for anything..