GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   The diet that helps fight climate change (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1287651)

Paul&John 12-12-2017 02:22 PM

The diet that helps fight climate change

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUnJQWO4YJY

PR_Glen 12-12-2017 02:47 PM

the carbon footprint may be correct, but saying it's healthier to eat less meat is not necessarily true and has never been proven accurate.

I have read a lot of research saying the exact opposite. Grain is for cattle...

mineistaken 12-12-2017 09:58 PM

Huge difference between beef and chicken. How does pig compare to those? Majority of meat I eat are both chicken and pig.

crockett 12-12-2017 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mineistaken (Post 22113897)
Huge difference between beef and chicken. How does pig compare to those? Majority of meat I eat are both chicken and pig.

If you ever have been to a chicken kill facility ( where they process chickens ) you probably wouldnt eat chicken again...

Paul&John 12-13-2017 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PR_Glen (Post 22113366)
the carbon footprint may be correct, but saying it's healthier to eat less meat is not necessarily true and has never been proven accurate.

Yeah of course that part is questionable..

mikeet 12-13-2017 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crockett (Post 22113903)
If you ever have been to a chicken kill facility ( where they process chickens ) you probably wouldnt eat chicken again...

Never been to one peronally but have seen lots of docs about them, disgusting shit for sure!! But have seen the same for both pig and cow via Vice :stoned

mineistaken 12-13-2017 07:57 AM

Quote:

But even libby VOX recommends it :winkwink:

Grapesoda 12-13-2017 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PR_Glen (Post 22113366)

depends on heredity and genetics :2 cents:

Mediamix 12-13-2017 08:50 AM

Quote:

I worked in one when I was younger and I still eat chicken. :1orglaugh

2MuchMark 12-13-2017 09:05 AM

I'm a total hypocrite when it comes to meat. I love beef and chicken but never ever do I want to visit a slaughterhouse or similar facility. I know they exist and I hope the animals are treated humanely. Anything beyond that is blocked out of my mind.

Here are my own "rules" for eating properly and saving the planet.

- I give myself smaller portions, never filling my plate or bowl.

- A few more carrots, a little less meat.

- Buy locally. Produce grown locally means less fuel used to transport it to the store.

- Restaurants always serve too much food. My better half and I almost always share a meal instead of order separate ones, except when its something fancy.

I still love junk food and treat myself to a Big Mac once a month or so, but I think just eating slightly smaller portions and substituting a little less meat for a little more veggies is a good thing.

DirtyHarold 12-13-2017 10:03 AM

I love vegan burgers.

mineistaken 12-13-2017 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2MuchMark (Post 22114668)
I'm a total hypocrite when it comes to meat. I love beef and chicken but never ever do I want to visit a slaughterhouse or similar facility. I know they exist and I hope the animals are treated humanely. Anything beyond that is blocked out of my mind.

Here are my own "rules" for eating properly and saving the planet.

- I give myself smaller portions, never filling my plate or bowl.

- A few more carrots, a little less meat.

- Buy locally. Produce grown locally means less fuel used to transport it to the store.

- Restaurants always serve too much food. My better half and I almost always share a meal instead of order separate ones, except when its something fancy.

I still love junk food and treat myself to a Big Mac once a month or so, but I think just eating slightly smaller portions and substituting a little less meat for a little more veggies is a good thing.

You need certain amount of calories per day. You can not get around that. If you eat less and you are ok it simply means that you ate too much before.
Your advice is no good for anyone who is eating normal amount of food per day. You can not eat less if you eat required amount.