GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Anyone using a crypto currency miner on your websites to earn coins from visitors? (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1287546)

Acepimp 12-12-2017 01:46 AM

Anyone using a crypto currency miner on your websites to earn coins from visitors?

Recently the Pirate Bay and Showtime.com were in the news for using a crypto mining script that runs in the background.

Great idea! Anyone here monitizing their sites with crypto mining?

I just set this up on one of my sites & it looks promising. I will report earnings after 24 hours and after a week. Here is the tool I'm using:

JCMW - Javascript Cryptocurrency Miner for Wordpress

:pimp

k0nr4d 12-12-2017 01:56 AM

Just a warning - this will trigger many antivirus softwares on users computers, may get your site listed as an attack site and most adblock plugins block it anyways.

adultchatpay 12-12-2017 02:04 AM

nice way to mine but it's not good for users.

Acepimp 12-12-2017 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0nr4d (Post 22112247)
Just a warning - this will trigger many antivirus softwares on users computers, may get your site listed as an attack site and most adblock plugins block it anyways.

This is the main concern. Script does address this-
"Local script: If checked, the plugin will download the javascript miner on your server and give it a random name to bypass Adblockers and Antivirus restrictions"

Quote:

Originally Posted by adultchatpay (Post 22112250)
nice way to mine but it's not good for users.

I've set it to use the minimum of 1 thread so as to not burden users' CPU. Looks good so far.

Webster01 12-12-2017 11:20 AM

Interesting shit :)

Hope everything is going well

Mediamix 12-12-2017 11:44 AM

Nice spam! :thumbsup

Colmike9 12-12-2017 11:52 AM

JS mining is so slow, though..

rogueteens 12-12-2017 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colmike7 (Post 22113075)
JS mining is so slow, though..

https://torrentfreak.com/the-pirate-...-miner-170916/

the piratebay with all their visitors seem to have made only $12k allegedly.

Acepimp 12-12-2017 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rogueteens (Post 22113147)
https://torrentfreak.com/the-pirate-...-miner-170916/

the piratebay with all their visitors seem to have made only $12k allegedly.

^^ The price of Monero has TRIPLED since that article was written, so now 36K per month if they had kept using it :thumbsup

PR_Glen 12-12-2017 12:55 PM

sounds like seo poison, at least eventually anyway.

rogueteens 12-12-2017 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acepimp (Post 22113162)
^^ The price of Monero has TRIPLED since that article was written, so now 36K per month if they had kept using it :thumbsup

oh, yes, true. But I would have thought a site with as many visitors like TPB would have gotten more, none the less, its an interesting idea.

blackmonsters 12-12-2017 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rogueteens (Post 22113210)
oh, yes, true. But I would have thought a site with as many visitors like TPB would have gotten more, none the less, its an interesting idea.

The whole idea of doing something that TBP is doing seems like a bad idea.

:2 cents:

Acepimp 12-12-2017 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackmonsters (Post 22113270)
The whole idea of doing something that TBP is doing seems like a bad idea.

:2 cents:

Lol true, but they were hammering their visitor's CPU to the max. I would think that if it's set to use just the minimum cpu power, users' devices won't be slowed down enough to even notice. Seems good for a photo gallery blog with lots of page views.

The real question is will it affect search rank. Pretty interesting concept either way

btw it's already earned 0.000024 xmr from the first 2-300 visitors :thumbsup

Colmike9 12-12-2017 02:50 PM

Just pay a kid $5 to set up miners on school computers and set some up at libraries and college computer labs...

blackmonsters 12-12-2017 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colmike7 (Post 22113375)
Just pay a kid $5 to set up miners on school computers and set some up at libraries and college computer labs...

Why not just buy some computers from the pawn shop?

Someone will probably write a script to hijack the surfer mining script anyway.

:1orglaugh

blackmonsters 12-12-2017 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acepimp (Post 22113321)
Lol true, but they were hammering their visitor's CPU to the max. I would think that if it's set to use just the minimum cpu power, users' devices won't be slowed down enough to even notice. Seems good for a photo gallery blog with lots of page views.

The real question is will it affect search rank. Pretty interesting concept either way

btw it's already earned 0.000024 xmr from the first 2-300 visitors :thumbsup

If you've ever gotten the Chrome warning screen when trying to go to a site then
you would figure that it's just a matter of time before "mining kits" are detected.
Bottom line, a lot of people would classify it as a virus/malware.

http://johnshipp.com/wp-content/uplo...are_screen.png

Colmike9 12-12-2017 04:50 PM

There are ways to have a user on your website willingly click a button to start mining Monero for you, then they earn points/credits. Then they can save up and redeem points for anything from full hd videos to cam tokens, whatever you code it to be and you set the value.
Has anyone tried this kind of thing? Wonder if it works.

InfoGuy 12-13-2017 07:35 AM

Installation of software on visitors' computers may be a TOS violation for sponsors that could result in the closing of affiliate accounts and forfeiting of commissions.

rowan 12-13-2017 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acepimp (Post 22113162)

From what I can see, difficulty has also gone up by about 50% in that time. Your XMR payout is worth more, but you have to work 1.5 times harder to get to the same payout level.

Two reasons I think this is a bad idea:

1. Mining with javascript is incredibly inefficient. It's likely the costs you impose on the user exceed the value you recover from mined coins. That's pretty fucking rude.

2. Doing so without consent is sneaky, so I'm not surprised that ad blockers are picking this up.

rowan 12-13-2017 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colmike7 (Post 22113585)
There are ways to have a user on your website willingly click a button to start mining Monero for you, then they earn points/credits. Then they can save up and redeem points for anything from full hd videos to cam tokens, whatever you code it to be and you set the value.
Has anyone tried this kind of thing? Wonder if it works.

I think this is going to be the way to go. Some sort of plugin which can (reasonably) efficiently mine coins, with consent, knowing that your work is going towards supporting the site. Like Patreon, but with much less friction (downloading a plugin, versus opening an account and funding it)

thommy 12-13-2017 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0nr4d (Post 22112247)

you are right.
i saw a few of this idiots already kicked out from google.