GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Being Thankful (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1285154)

Rochard 11-23-2017 10:17 AM

Being Thankful

I run the local Facebook group for our town and I am known as a good samaritan. Last night at 8pm I got a message that someone needed help - a ride home from the hospital. It turns out this woman has both cancer and diabetes, and had just had her foot partially amputated. Her husband had E.coli and just got out of the hospital, and they had to sell the car to pay for food. I picked her up, drove her home, and carried her bag into her house. I saw how they lived and frankly it was horrifying.

Be thankful for what you have because trust me, it could be a lot worse.

Barry-xlovecam 11-23-2017 10:42 AM

That make me sad -- your good deeds in life will be rewarded (karma is a motherfucker ;) )

yuu.design 11-23-2017 11:06 AM

poor people

Bladewire 11-23-2017 11:15 AM

I am thankful 🙏👼😇

Thank you 💖

This guy did the right thing and he's very thankful now.

starling 11-23-2017 11:20 AM

It never hurts to help someone in need. Too many people just ignore people needing help nowadays.

TheDynasty 11-23-2017 12:06 PM

Very thankful for life! always help when someone is in need good karma

CaptainHowdy 11-23-2017 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry-xlovecam (Post 22082663)
That make me sad -- your good deeds in life will be rewarded (karma is a motherfucker ;) )

Karma is a dubious concept ...

Cyber Fucker 11-23-2017 04:25 PM

Many bad things happened to me not so long time ago, and now I'm grateful for all good things that I have. When you experience the worse you learn to appreciate what good you have, even if it's very little, just one friend and roof above your head and you feel like you have a big fortune.

Rochard 11-23-2017 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyber Fucker (Post 22082848)
Many bad things happened to me not so long time ago, and now I'm grateful for all good things that I have. When you experience the worse you learn to appreciate what good you have, even if it's very little, just one friend and roof above your head and you feel like you have a big fortune.

Sounds like you have something to be thankful for...

Bladewire 11-23-2017 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyber Fucker (Post 22082848)

You've been to the other side and come back with a gilded spirit & deeper understanding that's a blessing congratulations on keeping it real stay strong :thumbsup

sicone 11-23-2017 11:44 PM

You're one of the few true good ones out there

Tjeezers 11-24-2017 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rochard (Post 22082648)
I run the local Facebook group for our town and I am known as a good samaritan. Last night at 8pm I got a message that someone needed help - a ride home from the hospital. It turns out this woman has both cancer and diabetes, and had just had her foot partially amputated. Her husband had E.coli and just got out of the hospital, and they had to sell the car to pay for food. I picked her up, drove her home, and carried her bag into her house. I saw how they lived and frankly it was horrifying.

Be thankful for what you have because trust me, it could be a lot worse.

We also discover the social power of local groups, we have one here in Bucharest for our Village, 10.000 people listed and when someone needs help there is instant response, its so much easier to become a good person these days. It also strengthens the social control and this is needed these days. I have to admit that Facebook does come with positive effects too on the society.

C H R I S 11-24-2017 02:38 PM

You are a good human being... so many people forget about anything but their own needs.

Rochard 11-24-2017 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tjeezers_Brokerbabe (Post 22083266)
We also discover the social power of local groups, we have one here in Bucharest for our Village, 10.000 people listed and when someone needs help there is instant response, its so much easier to become a good person these days. It also strengthens the social control and this is needed these days. I have to admit that Facebook does come with positive effects too on the society.

This is very true.

A few years ago as I was pulling into town I saw a woman who had a flat tire. I failed to stop. I thought to myself "I should stop but I have plans". A few minutes later I was home, came up to my office, and... surfed Facebook. Much to my surprise that woman was on the town Facebook group asking for help - and someone had already stepped up and was on their way to help. That's when I decided I needed to be a better person.

But my post is more about how some people live.... And that most of us have a lot more to be thankful for then we know.