GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   My Paxum Card was cloned and they took all the money. (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1279025)

Bosa 09-12-2017 09:22 AM

My Paxum Card was cloned and they took all the money.

My Paxum card was cloned they took out $400+ from ATM. What Now???

Customer Service is telling me I am SOL because the card was cloned.:Oh crap:Oh crap

This also happened to me with a different card and bank. I sent all the info that it couldn't be me because I wasn't in and have never been to the country where the money was taken and got the money back in my account.

Is there really no protection with Paxum? Doesn't Mastercard have customer protection? Is the money really at risk on the card?

Can I get the photo from the ATM of the person who took the money out. I know all the places I used the card so I should be able to identify the person.

Is it ok to leave the money in the wallet or I think it's better to put the money to the card and quickly take it out in the future.:Oh crap:Oh crap:Oh crap

k0nr4d 09-12-2017 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosa (Post 21996217)
My Paxum card was cloned they took out $400+ from ATM. What Now???

Customer Service is telling me I am SOL because the card was cloned.:Oh crap:Oh crap

This also happened to me with a different card and bank. I sent all the info that it couldn't be me because I wasn't in and have never been to the country where the money was taken and got the money back in my account.

Is there really no protection with Paxum? Doesn't Mastercard have customer protection? Is the money really at risk on the card?

Can I get the photo from the ATM of the person who took the money out. I know all the places I used the card so I should be able to identify the person.

Is it ok to leave the money in the wallet or I think it's better to put the money to the card and quickly take it out in the future.:Oh crap:Oh crap:Oh crap

That's what I do - put the money on the card, and withdraw it ASAP.

Zeiss 09-12-2017 09:28 AM

Paxum Master Card needs higher security for sure. About the ATM cams - yes they could possibly find out who it was. You have to check your statement and find out where it was, then possibly submit to the bank, local authorities... Good luck!

Bosa 09-12-2017 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeiss (Post 21996225)
Paxum Master Card needs higher security for sure. About the ATM cams - yes they could possibly find out who it was. You have to check your statement and find out where it was, then possibly submit to the bank, local authorities... Good luck!

Yes they do. I wish the card had the chip so I didn't have to give it to the cashiers every time.:Oh crap:Oh crap

pimpmaster9000 09-12-2017 09:42 AM

you got skimmed at the ATM if funds were taken out of the ATM...somebody put in a skimmer + camera to harvest your info + pin code...the ATM where you picked up the money is/was to blame...

educate yourself on how to avoid this and how to spot skimmers on ATM-s...

CaptainHowdy 09-12-2017 09:42 AM

That can happen with any card ...

nikki99 09-12-2017 09:47 AM

yes u can ask your money back for $40 fee and around 2 months for a small investigation (I guess)

Bosa 09-12-2017 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crucifissio (Post 21996243)
you got skimmed at the ATM if funds were taken out of the ATM...somebody put in a skimmer + camera to harvest your info + pin code...the ATM where you picked up the money is/was to blame...

Yes, I know all about this. I only use ATM's inside Bank not on the street and one other place. I wiggle and push the card insert, check the keypad look for pinhole camera and cover the keypad and they still got me. What more can I do.:Oh crap:Oh crap If you can trust the ATM's inside the Bank we are all doomed.:mad::mad::Oh crap:Oh crap

Bosa 09-12-2017 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainHowdy (Post 21996247)
That can happen with any card ...

But you get the money back when you can prove its not you. Paxum is telling me I am SOL!!:mad::mad:

Bosa 09-12-2017 10:07 AM

With Mastercard's Zero Liability policy, you're protected from fraudulent uses on your account. You pay only for purchases that you have authorized on your Mastercard card.

As long as your account is in good standing, you have exercised reasonable care in safeguarding your card, and you have not reported two or more unauthorized events in the past twelve months, unauthorized purchases are not your responsibility.

Visa's Zero Liability* Policy is our guarantee that you won't be held responsible for unauthorized charges made with your account or account information. You're protected if your Visa credit or debit card is lost, stolen or fraudulently used, online or offline.

Visa's Zero Liability Policy does not apply to Visa corporate or Visa purchasing card or account transactions, or any transactions that are not processed by Visa. For specific restrictions, limitations and other details, please consult your issuer.

OneMillionGirls 09-12-2017 10:09 AM

what the fuck, from which country you are from Bosa??

sorry to hear for you, shit man

brassmonkey 09-12-2017 10:17 AM

spend the 3 bucks and get a credit card case. Rfid Blocking

Bosa 09-12-2017 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikki99 (Post 21996255)
yes u can ask your money back for $40 fee and around 2 months for a small investigation (I guess)

Thats the problem they don't want to help or investigate this. They said I am SOL

Fat Panda 09-12-2017 10:23 AM

call mastercard DIRECTLY

get the motherfuckers shut down

explain everything. call interpol if needed

fbi also

its time these fuckers get rolled over the coals

brassmonkey 09-12-2017 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Panda (Post 21996307)
call mastercard DIRECTLY

get the motherfuckers shut down

explain everything. call interpol if needed

fbi also

its time these fuckers get rolled over the coals

:2 cents::2 cents: there are way too many stories like op's here :2 cents::2 cents: op if you are in the states file a police report. the police can get the credit records.

Fat Panda 09-12-2017 10:33 AM

show up here

Paxum Inc.
3484 Des Sources Blvd., suite 205
Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Quebec
H9B 1Z9
Canada

at least u can get a five guys

Bosa 09-12-2017 10:35 AM

What is your experience? Did this ever happen to you with Paxum card? Did you get money back? Is there any hope the money will be returned?

brassmonkey 09-12-2017 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Panda (Post 21996319)
show up here

Paxum Inc.
3484 Des Sources Blvd., suite 205
Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Quebec
H9B 1Z9
Canada

at least u can get a five guys

that's the ups store!!! :1orglaugh:1orglaugh :helpme:helpme :(:( in the usa they wont let you use suite anymore it has to be private mail box or p.o.

Bosa 09-12-2017 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brassmonkey (Post 21996317)
:2 cents::2 cents: there are way too many stories like op's here :2 cents::2 cents: op if you are in the states file a police report. the police can get the credit records.

Thanks but I'm in Europe and the money was stolen in Ukraine.

hdbuilder 09-12-2017 10:43 AM

Sorry about what happened to you, i keep the money on the card but withdraws is quickly...

brassmonkey 09-12-2017 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosa (Post 21996347)
Thanks but I'm in Europe and the money was stolen in Ukraine.

well call the police. you may just have learned a hard lesson

Bosa 09-12-2017 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdbuilder (Post 21996349)
Sorry about what happened to you, i keep the money on the card but withdraws is quickly...

Thanks. Next time I will.

Bosa 09-12-2017 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brassmonkey (Post 21996353)
well call the police. you may just have learned a hard lesson

Yes, but it's not right. There should be customer fraud protection for this card.

My home bank returned the money when they verify it want not me on a different card. They took money out in Thailand. How the hell did they get my info in Thailand. I have never been to Thailand. It's all crazy. Thank god I didn't have more on the card.

Klen 09-12-2017 11:20 AM

Paxum is safer then bank card as you can control howmuch money you put on it, while bank card is linked to bank account and they could take all money from your account providing you dont check it . But yes paxum is quite bad when such thing occur, they cannot block card for some reason, and for chargeback you need to pay 40$ for each transaction, so if each transaction is less then 40$ you cant get money back.

Klen 09-12-2017 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosa (Post 21996361)
Yes, but it's not right. There should be customer fraud protection for this card.

My home bank returned the money when they verify it want not me on a different card. They took money out in Thailand. How the hell did they get my info in Thailand. I have never been to Thailand. It's all crazy. Thank god I didn't have more on the card.

Paxum is not bank , so you cant expect same level of protection as from bank.

King Mark 09-12-2017 11:32 AM

Seed

Problem solved

Bosa 09-12-2017 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KlenTelaris (Post 21996385)
Paxum is safer then bank card as you can control howmuch money you put on it, while bank card is linked to bank account and they could take all money from your account providing you dont check it . But yes paxum is quite bad when such thing occur, they cannot block card for some reason, and for chargeback you need to pay 40$ for each transaction, so if each transaction is less then 40$ you cant get money back.

I asked they refused to do a chargeback. They said since the money was taken from a ATM I am SOL!! Whaaaaat???:Oh crap:Oh crap

They Took $400+ in 3 transactions from the card. I wish I could get the photo from the ATM. What's the point of a camera if it doesn't help customers identify the criminals:mad::mad::mad:

nikki99 09-12-2017 11:51 AM

what is SOL?

Bosa 09-12-2017 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikki99 (Post 21996423)
what is sol?

shit out of luck

Klen 09-12-2017 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosa (Post 21996403)
I asked they refused to do a chargeback. They said since the money was taken from a ATM I am SOL!! Whaaaaat???:Oh crap:Oh crap

They Took $400+ in 3 transactions from the card. I wish I could get the photo from the ATM. What's the point of a camera if it doesn't help customers identify the criminals:mad::mad::mad:

Well that's something new , normally so far if someone paxum card was compromised it was because of hacked website where they used their card. I dont know what is average bank policy regarding ATM withdrawals, but i can see why they refused chargebacks - how can they know you did that withdraw or someone else?

brassmonkey 09-12-2017 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosa (Post 21996361)

the harsh side someone there bought it(a hacker) the sell 50 cent on the dollar. if it's a bigger account 75 cents

Bosa 09-12-2017 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KlenTelaris (Post 21996437)
Well that's something new , normally so far if someone paxum card was compromised it was because of hacked website where they used their card. I dont know what is average bank policy regarding ATM withdrawals, but i can see why they refused chargebacks - how can they know you did that withdraw or someone else?

I am in Europe the money was taken out in Ukraine. You can see on the statement I was using the card in Europe and a few hours later it was used in Ukraine. It's not that hard to see it wasn't me. :Oh crap:Oh crap:Oh crap

With Mastercard's Zero Liability policy, you're protected from fraudulent uses on your account. You pay only for purchases that you have authorized on your Mastercard card.

As long as your account is in good standing, you have exercised reasonable care in safeguarding your card, and you have not reported two or more unauthorized events in the past twelve months, unauthorized purchases are not your responsibility.

3xmedia 09-12-2017 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KlenTelaris (Post 21996437)
I dont know what is average bank policy regarding ATM withdrawals, but i can see why they refused chargebacks - how can they know you did that withdraw or someone else?

Quote:

Originally Posted by KlenTelaris (Post 21996387)
Paxum is not bank , so you cant expect same level of protection as from bank.

:2 cents::2 cents:

Bladewire 09-12-2017 01:44 PM

Another Paxum fraud story this sucks. I hope you get your money back.

Fat Panda 09-13-2017 07:14 AM

Keep this up top.

pimpmaster9000 09-13-2017 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosa (Post 21996261)
Yes, I know all about this. I only use ATM's inside Bank not on the street and one other place. I wiggle and push the card insert, check the keypad look for pinhole camera and cover the keypad and they still got me. What more can I do.:Oh crap:Oh crap If you can trust the ATM's inside the Bank we are all doomed.:mad::mad::Oh crap:Oh crap

the ATM in the bank, is it one of those 24hour ATM places where you insert your card so that they let you in and the ATM-s are inside? If so then you got skimmed on the door or the ATM inside because these places are actually better for skimmers to be inserted than regular busy street ATM-s...

If the ATM was in a regular bank with working hours, then it was somewhere else the skimmed you...the keypad took your PIN they are very hard to spot if you do not know exactly what to look for...my advise is to find an ATM you trust and scratch the keypad...if you do not see this scratch next time you come, chances are there is a skimmer installed...

the fact that they took your PIN means that this is a pro crew...they will never catch them because they take money from ATM-s wearing motorcycle helmets with visors down and they do not get off the bikes...its like in the movies they just drive next to an ATM and if they see anything suspicious they hit the gas...

yuu.design 09-13-2017 07:56 AM

sad to hear :S

RuthB 09-13-2017 07:59 AM

Any chargeback that is made on a transaction where the PIN is used is not accepted since it automatically fails. This is a Choice bank rule so unfortunately there is nothing we can do. You can contact the bank if you would like to.

I'm sorry this happened to you.

2MuchMark 09-13-2017 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crucifissio (Post 21996243)

https://krebsonsecurity.com/wp-conte...m5-300x232.jpg

Bosa 09-13-2017 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RuthB (Post 21997761)
Any chargeback that is made on a transaction where the PIN is used is not accepted since it automatically fails. This is a Choice bank rule so unfortunately there is nothing we can do. You can contact the bank if you would like to.

So this doesn't apply:

Like I said this happened before with a different bank. I sent all the proof it wasn't me and the money was returned.

Well if you guys go to Ukraine be careful. Now I'm paranoid of every ATM

Thanks for the reply Ruth

bloggerz 09-13-2017 08:57 AM

Quote:

Can you please reply to my message on Skype, thanks!

Bosa 09-13-2017 08:58 AM

Quote:

Hi Ruth,

Do you know if Choice Bank plans to start using chipped Mastercard. This would also help.
So I don't have to had over the card for every purchase.

JohnnyNight 09-13-2017 11:13 AM

I guess they got out on bail and went rogue...

Ukrainian ATM Skimmers Busted in Chiang Mai | Chiang Rai Times English Language Newspaper

Barry-xlovecam 09-13-2017 12:02 PM

Direct deposit into your bank account and pay the taxes on the income.

Or, if you are outside of the payer's direct ACH/EFT area, you just have to absorb the loss as a cost of doing business.

These 'horror' stories become repetitive.

brassmonkey 09-13-2017 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosa (Post 21997825)
Hi Ruth,

Do you know if Choice Bank plans to start using chipped Mastercard. This would also help.
So I don't have to had over the card for every purchase.

they would probably charge you for it!! :1orglaugh:1orglaugh:1orglaugh

Bosa 09-13-2017 01:11 PM

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/0a/0a491...81e2dad439.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...ciXryMBS95JoHP

So I guess the banks are doing fucking nothing about this?

So they do have photos of these guys doing this.

https://cdn.patchcdn.com/users/53290...cc01aaa80a.jpg

https://mgtvwsav.files.wordpress.com...6/42.jpg?w=600

https://youtu.be/ghqbXhxFGp8

TheDynasty 09-13-2017 02:09 PM

this is bs :helpme:helpme anyone sign up for paxum bank??

Bladewire 09-13-2017 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDynasty (Post 21998189)
this is bs :helpme:helpme anyone sign up for paxum bank??

The one on private registration and behind cloudflare with the backend IP on the Thor hub in Iceland? No shade on Paxum a lot of legit reasons for privacy these days.

Lewis11 09-13-2017 02:24 PM

Did you figure out who cloned your card?

Bosa 09-13-2017 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lewis11 (Post 21998213)
Did you figure out who cloned your card?

No, It was someone in Ukraine. It's a loss. I will be checking all ATM's from now on :Oh crap:Oh crap

https://libertyforcaptives.files.wor...ust-no-one.png

http://cdn.theatlantic.com/assets/me...small%402x.jpg