GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   News Syria and the nuclear option (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1256410)

baddog 04-07-2017 09:03 AM

Syria and the nuclear option

Think it was coincidental?

crockett 04-07-2017 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baddog (Post 21689158)

What to use Syria as a way to overshadow that Republicans just changed the rules to no filibusters of supreme court nominees? I think as usual Republicans are very short sighted.

They love to over look our checks and balances when it favors them, but soon as it gets used against them the rage , whine and throw temper tantrums. As usual this will eventual work against them and as usual they will whine and cry about it..

As for Syria.. no I don't think it was used as cover, but it was lucky timing..

baddog 04-07-2017 09:15 AM

You remember the Democrats did it a few years ago, right?

crockett 04-07-2017 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baddog (Post 21689206)

There was a very big difference between the two.. When Democrats did it, it was after several years of Republicans blocking everything. Obama was elected in 2009 & Democrats didn't do it until 2013..

Republicans were blocking all lower judge appointments and other executive appointments for several years..

Now fast forward to now, we have a Republican majority who has "some" democratic support, meaning it's not a case of Democrats just blocking things in spite. Added to this it's only 2 months into the new administration and rather than "try" to work with Democrats they just jump to nuclear option over the very first attempt to appoint a judge.

Honestly, baddog, you don't see the difference? On the Democrats side it was used only after several years once every other option had failed. Yet on the Republican side, it was the 1st option used with nothing else attempted on the very 1st vote..

You have to see the difference don't you?

Barry-xlovecam 04-07-2017 09:40 AM

The Senate Rule change will be regretted in the future.
If you move the goal post to make one point you end up fucking up the game.

Syria was a calculated risk -- to instill fear of the US Government being run by a lose cannon. The smoke has not cleared yet -- I don't know if we won or lost yet.

I don't necessarily disagree with the military action but I recognize it a diversion of grand scale.

Rochard 04-07-2017 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baddog (Post 21689158)

You bring up a valid point really. However, I was wondering if this strike on Syria was to move the news away from this "Russian connection" stuff or to bump Trump's very low numbers. If this is the case, then it's a horrible way to run our country.

I also wonder if this had anything to do with Bannon.

Bladewire 04-07-2017 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baddog (Post 21689206)

It was wrong when Reid did it for everything but supreme court nominees and it's wrong for McConnell to push it further to include supreme court nominees.

Now McConnell has set the precedent that Republicans believe in majority rules, so Democrats are now going to implement majority rules presidential elections and start the process of dismantling the EC, as they've proven permanently useless this last election. We might even push for an end to gerrymandering as that cheats majority rules as well, it's undemocratic.

Barry-xlovecam 04-07-2017 10:15 AM

When someone raises at the poker table what do you do -- see, raise, call or fold?

Sort of risky when your chips are bombs and missiles.

Worst case scenario it is a pyretic victory. I don't see that happening really. Producing satellite footage as proof of that being the starting point of a WMD attack is too c.Bush and Saddam -- no one would believe it anyway :2 cents:

Bladewire 04-07-2017 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry-xlovecam (Post 21689377)
When someone raises at the poker table what do you do -- see, raise, call or fold?

Barry-xlovecam 04-07-2017 01:59 PM

I thought of that song too. Not a big C&W fan but that song is a classic

Joshua G 04-07-2017 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crockett (Post 21689200)
What to use Syria as a way to overshadow that Republicans just changed the rules to no filibusters of supreme court nominees? I think as usual Republicans are very short sighted.

They love to over look our checks and balances when it favors them, but soon as it gets used against them the rage , whine and throw temper tantrums. As usual this will eventual work against them and as usual they will whine and cry about it..

As for Syria.. no I don't think it was used as cover, but it was lucky timing..

fuck off. the only path to single payer, is GOP scraps the filibuster for legislation. someday in the future dems will get the senate back, maybe 2030s the way PC has gone nutter, then the dems can pass single payer.

:2 cents:

shiraz9944 04-07-2017 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crockett (Post 21689254)
There was a very big difference between the two.. When Democrats did it, it was after several years of Republicans blocking everything. Obama was elected in 2009 & Democrats didn't do it until 2013..

Republicans were blocking all lower judge appointments and other executive appointments for several years..

Now fast forward to now, we have a Republican majority who has "some" democratic support, meaning it's not a case of Democrats just blocking things in spite. Added to this it's only 2 months into the new administration and rather than "try" to work with Democrats they just jump to nuclear option over the very first attempt to appoint a judge.

Honestly, baddog, you don't see the difference? On the Democrats side it was used only after several years once every other option had failed. Yet on the Republican side, it was the 1st option used with nothing else attempted on the very 1st vote..

You have to see the difference don't you?

Obama had filibuster proof majority in his first term but still couldn't get it done so stop blaming repubs for his failure. They then quickly shot thru the ACA when they were about to lose their majorities in both chambers, used the nuclear option because they didn't think they would get pasted so badly. The Dems started this, McCain (who I don't like) warned Reid and begged him not to use it, that they wouldn't stay in power forever and Reid ignored him and Schumer was complicit now they cry (oh my god the Senate is ruined forever) when they did it, they started it. Now all that happened was the court was put back to the balance it was in before. Scalia was ULTRA conservative, Gorsuch is not even close but still crying liberals don't want that balance restored. Too bad, they employed the rule to push thru Federal Judges and executive appointments, now Trump can push thru his in the same way Obama did, and probably plus one or two more in the next 4 years now that Schumer majorly screwed the pooch on this. The court will stand 7-2 in the next 4 years conservative. How could they be this stupid?

Bladewire 04-08-2017 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shiraz9944 (Post 21690046)
Obama had filibuster proof majority in his first term but still couldn't get it done so stop blaming repubs for his failure. They then quickly shot thru the ACA when they were about to lose their majorities in both chambers, used the nuclear option because they didn't think they would get pasted so badly. The Dems started this, McCain (who I don't like) warned Reid and begged him not to use it, that they wouldn't stay in power forever and Reid ignored him and Schumer was complicit now they cry (oh my god the Senate is ruined forever) when they did it, they started it. Now all that happened was the court was put back to the balance it was in before. Scalia was ULTRA conservative, Gorsuch is not even close but still crying liberals don't want that balance restored. Too bad, they employed the rule to push thru Federal Judges and executive appointments, now Trump can push thru his in the same way Obama did, and probably plus one or two more in the next 4 years now that Schumer majorly screwed the pooch on this. The court will stand 7-2 in the next 4 years conservative. How could they be this stupid?

Nothing you said here is true :2 cents: