GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   totally disappointed with paxum (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1192604)

tubebunker 04-13-2016 04:05 AM

totally disappointed with paxum

this month in 8.4.16 my gmail account got hacked and the hacked transferred 125 dollars to their account. as soon as possible when i see this i mailed paxum about my situation and requested them a dispute.

5 days gone but still no answer from them. so are they helping their customers or helping the hacker to get away with their stealing money ??

CarlosTheGaucho 04-13-2016 04:29 AM

Off topic - is there a way to contact you guys? you have a solid network of sites and there's something that could be interesting for you. You can hit me up on skype or email in my sig if you don't want to leave a public contact.
Thanks!

Freedom6995 04-13-2016 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlosTheGaucho (Post 20834891)
Off topic - is there a way to contact you guys? you have a solid network of sites and there's something that could be interesting for you. You can hit me up on skype or email in my sig if you don't want to leave a public contact.
Thanks!

[email protected]

CaptainHowdy 04-13-2016 06:24 AM

Talk to Ruth ...

lagwagon 04-13-2016 06:41 AM

Put two step authentication on your gmail?

Adraco 04-13-2016 06:49 AM

Why do people have piss poor security?

Use a pure forwarding e-mail address for services like Paypal, Paxum, Payoneer and the likes. That way, everyone you do business with will see that address, but since that e-mail does not have a real "inbox" or login details, it cannot easily be hacked into. Forward the emails into your daily e-mail.

And as mentioned above, use the tools already in place, like two factor authentication for important accounts.

woj 04-13-2016 06:58 AM

there is nothing to dispute, as soon as the money went out of your account, it got withdrawn from an ATM... so it's gone forever...

so your only hope is that paxum realizes that you do a lot of business with them and as a gesture of goodwill will cover the loss themselves...

Fat Panda 04-13-2016 07:15 AM

u may have to fly to india ?

ravo 04-13-2016 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adraco (Post 20835059)
Why do people have piss poor security?

Use a pure forwarding e-mail address for services like Paypal, Paxum, Payoneer and the likes. That way, everyone you do business with will see that address, but since that e-mail does not have a real "inbox" or login details, it cannot easily be hacked into. Forward the emails into your daily e-mail.

And as mentioned above, use the tools already in place, like two factor authentication for important accounts.

This....

HowlingWulf 04-13-2016 07:21 AM

Enable transaction approval.

Quote:

This feature protects you if an attacker has stolen your password and entered into your account. With this protection active the attackers cannot steal your money.
That's a $125 lesson.

Kenny B! 04-13-2016 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HowlingWulf (Post 20835137)
Enable transaction approval.

That's a $125 lesson.

This. You need specific codes to transfer money to any account, even within your own.
Great anti fraud feature!

ITraffic 04-13-2016 08:33 AM

"Enable transaction approval."

well aren't the codes just sent to your email? so if they had access to your email they could get the codes as well?

Sednub997 04-13-2016 09:46 AM

thats suck balls..not big lose but they act very slowly

RuthB 04-13-2016 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tubebunker (Post 20834864)
this month in 8.4.16 my gmail account got hacked and the hacked transferred 125 dollars to their account. as soon as possible when i see this i mailed paxum about my situation and requested them a dispute.

5 days gone but still no answer from them. so are they helping their customers or helping the hacker to get away with their stealing money ??

I'd be happy to check into this for you. What is your ticket number?

Adraco 04-13-2016 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ITraffic (Post 20835302)
"Enable transaction approval."

well aren't the codes just sent to your email? so if they had access to your email they could get the codes as well?

As far as my understanding goes, this is correct.
You can order new transaction approval codes, which are then sent to the primary email on the account. Again, and I cannot stress this enough, DO NOT use a "real email inbox" as front for any of those transaction websites. Since your receiving or sending email is fully visible to all (see my post above).

Use a forwarding address, which, preferably, is hosted on one domain and have it forward to another domain, ideally on a different host. That makes it very hard and complicated for anyone to try and even find out which email account to even begin to try to hack.

DO NOT use a gmail account or the likes, since Gmail will happily let you reset your password after only answering questions like "where did you go to school". Anyone with access to your social media accounts have a fair chance at finding a few alternatives to at least try there first.

RuthB 04-13-2016 10:36 AM

With Paxum you never have to reveal your account username (the email you use to log-in) if you do not wish to, as all Paxum clients are allowed an additional 2 emails added/verified to their Paxum account.

If the username (log-in) is never on display, this significantly reduces the likelihood of your Paxum account being unlawfully accessed, as no-one but you will know your Paxum username.

When you send/receive payments, you can do so from any of the email addresses verified to your Paxum account, simply make the selection from the dropdown (when sending payments). To receive payments, simply provide one of your alternative email addresses as the payee.

We recommend clients use Transaction Approval Codes to provide additional account security.

In addition, Paxum offers Access by IP, which limits access to your Paxum account to a designated IP(s). This feature is only recommended for clients that use a static IP, as those using a dynamic IP will find themselves unable to access their account when their IP changes.

tubebunker 04-13-2016 11:36 AM

talked with ruth and got reply from the support :(

they both told me that once my money had gone from their system they cant reverse it :D how fucking awesome is that :3 so literally they are helping the hackers to get away with the hard earned money of mine :v

but still they have dispute/resulation centre :D why they have it if they cant do anything and specially if they cant help their customers ??

paypal , neteller , payoneer and skrill are much much much better then paxum. because they can reverse the fund as well as they can give my fund back when i claim a dispute.

so from today i will not use paxum ever. im done with paxum.

CaptainHowdy 04-13-2016 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lagwagon (Post 20835044)
Put two step authentication on your gmail?

My Gmail got hacked, Gmail notified me and did that right away :thumbsup ...

BigFurry 04-13-2016 04:11 PM

Those are nice features Ruth.

However, I have also looked for Two-Factor Auth (SMS auth codes to your phone), and I couldn't find it in Paxum settings.

Paxum really doesn't have it? It's pretty much a standard for all banks and major service providers.

plaster 04-13-2016 04:16 PM

I'm considering going into the hacking business because it's so hard to make a buck now a days. Good to know I have cozy cushion hacking paxum accounts.

Google Expert 04-13-2016 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tubebunker (Post 20834864)

My bank has recently arrested my bank account for $60k and i have no idea who to get the money out

Hope it makes you feel better with you $125. Next time use a crypt table (its free and without it no one can transfer Paxum money)

plaster 04-13-2016 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muad'Dib (Post 20836145)
My bank has recently arrested my bank account for $60k and i have no idea who to get the money out

Hope it makes you feel better with you $125. Next time use a crypt table (its free and without it no one can transfer Paxum money)

Chargebacks too high?

Google Expert 04-13-2016 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plaster (Post 20836160)
Chargebacks too high?

no, the company got deleted from the gov registry (because secretary company didn't keep proper paperwork - audits, etc)

so the bank saw that there is no more company and frozen it's account

Tjeezers 04-13-2016 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tubebunker (Post 20835647)
so literally they are helping the hackers to get away with the hard earned money of mine :v

It takes two to tango. Any idea who the hacker was? Friend of yours or anyone else?

tubebunker 04-14-2016 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tjeezers_Brokerbabe (Post 20836538)
It takes two to tango. Any idea who the hacker was? Friend of yours or anyone else?

anyone else mate ...

romeo22 04-14-2016 09:52 AM

i like them coz they have a bit smaller fee then Payoneer.Ofcource there are always isuess