GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Credit Card Processing for Donation-Based Website (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1166231)

ManPuppy 05-07-2015 05:59 AM

Credit Card Processing for Donation-Based Website

I'm helping a friend with a site for his music, and we need a simple CC processor for donations. NOT PayPal... but like it. Frankly, it's not going to make him much cash, so we want to avoid making any big deposits or set-up fees. A crowdfunding page may be an option, but most crowdfunding sites have time limits for specific projects and administrative work I don't want to keep going through over and over for him.

The background story (if it matters): My friend is a singer, with a very strong voice, a great look, and highly intuitive performing abilities. But, he is also bipolar/ADHD with extreme anxiety and memory issues. (Meds only do so much.) The standard path of writing, recording, and performing is not realistic for him - I've lived on the road and spoken/performed in front of large groups, and I'm pretty sure it would kill him if he was even able to get it together to start. The one professional recording session he made it into was an excruciating emotional experience for him and took way more time and money to finish than it should have, and left him shellshocked for weeks. Regardless of how much he's rehearsed, he can only get a few lines out at a time before he loses the melody, and sometimes even the lyrics - even if they're right in front of him.

So, the plan for him to at least partially realize his dream without big investments in licensing, royalty advances, all the admin for iTunes, CDNow, etc., is to simply make a website with self-produced tracks and videos, mainly covers. We'll get around licensing issues with firm and obvious copyright disclaimers ("I don't own this music/Doing it for free/Mental health therapy/and so on") and affiliate links to buy the originals from Amazon or wherever. His income and financial support for his hobby, getting back to the original point, would be from donations.

Suggestions?

johnny_r 05-20-2015 12:18 PM

you could try Stripe, it's easy to integrate, but the fees might be a bit high ..

ManPuppy 05-20-2015 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny_r (Post 20479036)
you could try Stripe, it's easy to integrate, but the fees might be a bit high ..

Looks like a good option - Thanks!

AdultMerchantServices 06-08-2015 01:24 PM

We handle a number of websites that operate using the donation payment buttons. It will probably have lower fees than most adult sites too. Definitely cheaper than stripe or any of those flat fee providers.

Contact us at 1-877-488-8885 or adultmerchantservices.com

wslover317 07-07-2015 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManPuppy (Post 20479149)
Looks like a good option - Thanks!

Stay away from Stripe. Do a quick search on complaints and check their BBB complaints. Will shut you down without notice or reason. Will tell you "We can because its in our terms so fuck you"

Best part, they refund your money to the customer even though you have sent the goods or services. Or, they keep your money. Up to them according to their "Terms"