GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   News And now for something completely different... What do you think of our industry? (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1155123)

TrafficPartner Wolfgang 11-21-2014 01:30 PM

And now for something completely different... What do you think of our industry?

Recent mainstream articles have addressed the changes in the adult & dating industries. The authors of this brief article and poll are wondering if these findings are actually shared by industry insiders or whether there is a different ?truth?.

The basis of this poll on "A Change in Perception: How Does the Dating (and Adult) Industry Perceive Itself in Contrast to the Media?" is articles from respected news sources like The New York Times, The Economist and The Guardian.

If you are interested in learning more about industry perceptions in mainstream media and perhaps adding your voice to the industry feedback please visit globaldatinginsights.com/21112014-take-this-poll-on-trends-in-the-online-and-adult-dating-industry/

Findings will be shared here by the beginning of the new year.

seeric 11-21-2014 02:30 PM

I always LOL at the mainstream media's sources for information. Normally some self proclaimed adult industry talking head or sideline pundit spewing their agenda all over the place. Someone who has been around since 98 or so, (there are many still left), should really write something and sell it, not give it, to one of these media outlets. At least it would be valid information on the evolution of the adult industry. There aren't many that can stand back and take in the whole picture and spit something out that makes sense. To understand the adult online space you have to zoom out and include the Internet as a whole. I'd love to see and Op Ed piece from Far-L or something.

shoot twice 11-22-2014 01:22 AM

I've tried work with the media a hand full of times and each time was left shaking my head.

There's really no such thing these days as an investigative journalist. The only thing these "reporters" are looking for is "an easy ready made story" that they can submit and walk away from. And it's a shame too because I've got a lot I could say.

Needless to say I just don't bother anymore. Mainstream, alternative or even blogger.... I don't bother to pay attention to any of them these days.

JFK 11-22-2014 03:04 AM

I Love it:thumbsup:thumbsup

TrafficPartner Wolfgang 11-24-2014 07:29 AM

Well, that's sort of exactly the reason why I thought we might give this a go and get some opinion from the industry itself. Would be really interesting to have one the veterans give an account of the development of the adult industry.

P.S.: Also like the observation that (the development of) the internet HAS to be included in such an evaluation.

TrafficPartner Wolfgang 11-24-2014 07:31 AM

Thanks JFK! Much appreciated!!