GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Rainbow Revenue will be closed as of 1st November 2012. (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1088708)

TubeSubmitters 11-09-2012 01:39 PM

Rainbow Revenue will be closed as of 1st November 2012.

Anyone else not get the memo?

To Affiliates,

Rainbow Revenue will be closed as of 1st November 2012. All final payouts will be going out in due course.

If you have any queries re payments please contact [email protected]
Thank you for contribution to the program over the years.

The Rainbow Revenue Team

on another note, Rainbow Revenue is for sale, including loads of exclusive content. Interested parties please contact [email protected]

lucas131 11-09-2012 01:40 PM

1st november was eight days ago right?

Lonny 11-09-2012 10:04 PM

didnt get that memo. not at all surprised to see them go. i did have problems in receiving payment towards the end from time to time.
on a side note I made my g's with them. I wish brad the best in the future. would be nice to see someone legit to carry on the name but i doubt it would even happen..

TheSenator 11-09-2012 10:11 PM

Who????????????????????

fitzmulti 11-09-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSenator (Post 19305315)
Who????????????????????

What he said.
Just one more reason to use affiliate programs that you KNOW you will get paid, w/o stupid ass $100 minimums, and checks from the affiliate program itself (as opposed to a payment processor ie: CCBILL).

epitome 11-10-2012 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzmulti (Post 19305331)
What he said.
Just one more reason to use affiliate programs that you KNOW you will get paid, w/o stupid ass $100 minimums, and checks from the affiliate program itself (as opposed to a payment processor ie: CCBILL).

Never understood this mentality. Would rather lose 5% to non-payment and get access to hundreds of additional programs with great converting sites than to leave all of that money on the table.

Hell even with getting stiffed by programs it was nowhere 5% lost.

fitzmulti 11-10-2012 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by epitome (Post 19305387)
Never understood this mentality. Would rather lose 5% to non-payment and get access to hundreds of additional programs with great converting sites than to leave all of that money on the table.

Hell even with getting stiffed by programs it was nowhere 5% lost.

Because I bet 20 site/programs I have had the "just under $100" mark suddenly folded up...nearly $2,000 down the tubes...I make "ancillary" money from affiliate promotion, so for me, that is a high percentage...not dollar amount, but percentage.

My main income are my sites, shooting, other things...but when people use NATS or whatever and skip town...close up shop...etc...it ends up being a waste of my time...that's why.
So if I do the limited amount of affiliate promotion I do - with places I KNOW I'll get CCBILL checks from, I am not wasting my time.
Exceptions are there...BIG places that I feel secure in promoting and are proven...knowing I'll get paid, and do.

But smaller, or "too new for me" programs...I just don't have that level of confidence to do it, until they are "proven".

docputer 11-10-2012 12:33 AM

I didn't see that. It is a shame, as they always paid me.

v4 media 11-10-2012 05:23 AM

All webmasters should have been notified around 3 weeks ago,
I will check with the person who sent the message out.

Sly 11-10-2012 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitzmulti (Post 19305410)
Because I bet 20 site/programs I have had the "just under $100" mark suddenly folded up...nearly $2,000 down the tubes...I make "ancillary" money from affiliate promotion, so for me, that is a high percentage...not dollar amount, but percentage.

My main income are my sites, shooting, other things...but when people use NATS or whatever and skip town...close up shop...etc...it ends up being a waste of my time...that's why.
So if I do the limited amount of affiliate promotion I do - with places I KNOW I'll get CCBILL checks from, I am not wasting my time.
Exceptions are there...BIG places that I feel secure in promoting and are proven...knowing I'll get paid, and do.

But smaller, or "too new for me" programs...I just don't have that level of confidence to do it, until they are "proven".

What he's saying is you are missing opportunities to find major scores because you are afraid of losing money here or there. I'm not afraid of getting screwed over on $75 when I know that I can find hidden gems that I know will make me thousands.

A good example is the program that epitome works for, not that it's small, but a lot of people don't know about it because it is for the gay market. It's a gem. You would be missing out on that. The same is true for many straight programs, which you might be able to take advantage of.

In your case, affiliate work is not the bulk of your income so I see where you're coming from. But if you were an affiliate only, you would be missing out on many great moneymakers.

I see it as a cost of doing business.

BAKO 11-10-2012 08:45 AM

Fuck rainbows check out amateuraffiliates.com we pay on time all the time and we ain't go anywhere. Hit me up for special deals