GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Greetings from PlentyOfFish.com! (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1055167)

BenPOF 01-27-2012 10:26 AM

Greetings from PlentyOfFish.com!

Hey guys,

Just wanted to come on here to see if I could help any of you adult guys expand your business into mainstream :) Not gonna throw up a pitch on here cuz I hate that shit too! I've been at POF for well over 2 years now and am considered the absolute authority on all things related to advertising on POF. Marina over at sexsearch.com suggested I come hang out so here I am!

My advertising blog is here (includes GANGSTER information/case studies/tips): blog.ads.pof.com - all content here is free for you to check out.

Mostly, I'm just looking forward to meeting with y'all and making some new people from a different side of the industry. If there is any interest in advertising with us, I'll post some info but not if it's uninvited.

Cheers,

Ben

The Heron 01-27-2012 10:32 AM

How come I can't get laid on pof?!

BenPOF 01-27-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Heron (Post 18715828)

Treat your profile as an ad campaign: Split test pictures/profile information, view dates as "clicks" and getting laid as "conversions"... optimize until you have an acceptable ROI :)

But... sounds like you should have a much easier time with some of the sites I see advertised here LOL

Profits of Doom 01-28-2012 08:38 PM

I'm actually working on creatives for a POF campaign so I'd love for you to post any info or tips you have. I'm also checking out your blog right now...

Anthony 01-28-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenPOF (Post 18715814)
Hey guys,

Just wanted to come on here to see if I could help any of you adult guys expand your business into mainstream :) Not gonna throw up a pitch on here cuz I hate that shit too! I've been at POF for well over 2 years now and am considered the absolute authority on all things related to advertising on POF. Marina over at sexsearch.com suggested I come hang out so here I am!

My advertising blog is here (includes GANGSTER information/case studies/tips): blog.ads.pof.com - all content here is free for you to check out.

Mostly, I'm just looking forward to meeting with y'all and making some new people from a different side of the industry. If there is any interest in advertising with us, I'll post some info but not if it's uninvited.

Cheers,

Ben

Hey Ben, welcome!

topsiteking 01-29-2012 02:09 AM

Welcome Ben!

:)

BAKO 01-29-2012 12:34 PM

I'm in interested email [email protected]

Dating Port 01-29-2012 01:08 PM

Hi Ben! Welcome to GFY! I'm off to check out your blog now...

Quote:

POF users can see through fake fan signs??!!! :1orglaugh:1orglaugh:1orglaugh

Mr Pheer 01-29-2012 07:53 PM

POF has an affiliate program? Hit me up if thats true.

[email protected]

BenPOF 01-30-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Profits of Doom (Post 18718415)
I'm actually working on creatives for a POF campaign so I'd love for you to post any info or tips you have. I'm also checking out your blog right now...

I'd have to look at your stuff individually, send me an email? Better yet, run a bit of traffic and let our users tell you if your campaigns work out not :) If this your first one? If so, we definitely need to talk so I can make sure your first few steps are headed in the right direction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKO (Post 18719265)
I'm in interested email [email protected]

Email will be sent after this msg :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Pheer (Post 18719856)
POF has an affiliate program? Hit me up if thats true.

[email protected]

Unfortunately not, sorry!

Thanks for the welcome messages guys! I'll try my best to add some value to this forum.

Cheers!

Balsamo 01-30-2012 05:56 PM

Welcome Ben

Zuzana Designs 01-30-2012 08:42 PM

Welcome to GFY Ben.

The Heron 01-30-2012 08:52 PM

I got laid with zoosk and that's a real pos scammy website. stupid girls

brentbacardi 01-30-2012 09:39 PM

Welcome and Go Fuck Yourself!

You should make the site more friendly towards couples, me and my girlfriend try to get pussy on POF but its annoying because couples usually list themselves as girls (just like we are) but then we message girls we like and they end up being couples, we cant always tell since their is no couple option.

Just a suggestion!

Hawkins 01-31-2012 03:11 AM

Welcome to GFY:)
BTW why do you had so crazy captcha?

LeRoy 01-31-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

You should use the chat function ;)

Like shooting fish in a barrel :winkwink:

O MARINA 02-01-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

This post is useless without pics.

2ndxachrm 02-01-2012 05:37 PM

Welcome to the board Ben!

Jman 02-02-2012 07:10 AM

Hi Ben, hit me up [email protected] I'd like to talk to you about something when you got some time.

jspot 02-02-2012 07:12 PM

I just started my site a few weeks ago I am still finishing the design and pricing. I am interested in advertising on POF I am very new to this so I will need a breakdown in real terms how it works.

Theo 02-03-2012 01:32 AM

Welcome Ben, great to have you here.

BenPOF 02-03-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspot (Post 18731634)
I just started my site a few weeks ago I am still finishing the design and pricing. I am interested in advertising on POF I am very new to this so I will need a breakdown in real terms how it works.

Sure, let's talk once everything is finished on your site and you're ready to promote. We are a mainstream site so we don't allow the advertising of adult sites so I hope you aren't making an adult one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVN Theo (Post 18732135)
Welcome Ben, great to have you here.

Cheers man, thanks!

LazyMoe 02-04-2012 01:21 PM

I am not sure if anyone should run an adult campaign on POF.
I've had one that was doing good and my account was close.

The fun thing I found someone else running my ad and lander
still today?

So,be worried on Ben and his offer too help you

igio 02-05-2012 09:43 AM

I thought POF did not allow adult.

Ben if this is not the case drop me a line: [email protected]

BenPOF 02-07-2012 05:29 PM

We don't allow adult on POF. However, if there are any guys who are looking to crossover into mainstream (non-adult) I'm here to help. Hence why this is posted in the mainstream section of the forum :)

Vendzilla 02-24-2012 03:28 PM

Hey Ben, thanx for all the fun I had on POF!

Hit me up please here I have something I would like to get on POF

Spunky 02-25-2012 09:10 PM

Welcome to the board

ErectMedia 02-26-2012 05:13 PM

Would be interested in hearing...

ad formats available
ad types CPC, CPM etc...
geo targeting?
and the lowest amount I could start with to test it out as I have a few mainstream sites currently with more in the works.

admin@(gfyusername).com

beks001 02-26-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Hey guys,

Mostly, I'm just looking forward to meeting with y'all and making some new people from a different side of the industry. If there is any interest in advertising with us, I'll post some info but not if it's uninvited. The site I am trying to send to is a social network site. It's completely non adult. :) Oh and welcome to the board!

Cheers,

Ben

I've tried to buy advertising on POF using the least adult related ad as possible and it gets rejected every single time. The only ads of mine that have been approved haven't done well. If you have some suggestions I'd love to discuss things to get things working so I can do a big buy.

1-800-313-WETT 02-27-2012 12:09 PM

Even our free video chat was rejected so I am not sure what you are offering here.

Vendzilla 02-27-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1-800-313-WETT (Post 18784726)
Even our free video chat was rejected so I am not sure what you are offering here.

You do know this is the mainstream forum right?

iwantchixx 02-27-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Hey guys,

Cheers,

Ben

I met my lady on POF :) and many many others for "one timers" haha. She was supposed to be one but I kept her. 2 kids later....

iwantchixx 02-27-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brentbacardi (Post 18722287)
Welcome and Go Fuck Yourself!

You should make the site more friendly towards couples, me and my girlfriend try to get pussy on POF but its annoying because couples usually list themselves as girls (just like we are) but then we message girls we like and they end up being couples, we cant always tell since their is no couple option.

Just a suggestion!

Whole heartedly agree with this person!

BenPOF 02-29-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendzilla (Post 18779612)
Hey Ben, thanx for all the fun I had on POF!

Hit me up please here I have something I would like to get on POF

Done!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spunky (Post 18781678)
Welcome to the board

Thanks Spunky!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErectMedia (Post 18783024)
Would be interested in hearing...

ad formats available
ad types CPC, CPM etc...
geo targeting?
and the lowest amount I could start with to test it out as I have a few mainstream sites currently with more in the works.

admin@(gfyusername).com

$25 deposit gets you 110x80 text ads (like Facebook style) and 310x110 small banners. $1000 deposit gets you 300x250, 160x600 and 728x90 banners.

CPM traffic.

Targeting capabilities:
Country
State/Province
Zip Code
Education
Body Type
Ethnicity
Parental Status
Smoking Status
Drinking Status
Car Status
Religion
Search type (long term, friends etc)
Income
Job

.. just to name a few!

$25 is the minimum deposit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwantchixx (Post 18785892)
Whole heartedly agree with this person!

I'm sure you can find other sites that cater to your guy's situation haha maybe ask someone here for their affiliate link so they can make $5 while you're at it ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by beks001 (Post 18783375)
I've tried to buy advertising on POF using the least adult related ad as possible and it gets rejected every single time. The only ads of mine that have been approved haven't done well. If you have some suggestions I'd love to discuss things to get things working so I can do a big buy.

Hmm I can look into it and give you some suggestions but I'd rather not out your campaigns on a forum full of your potential competitors LOL email me and we'll hash it out.

kb24 02-29-2012 09:47 PM

Ben how can I contact you? I would like to talk to you about promoting adult on POF.. thanks you can PM me..

picXX 03-01-2012 06:34 PM

Hi, how's your voice against cupid media, wich is growing quite big on you guys :)

paffg 03-06-2012 02:20 PM

free and too many users to get an affiliate program.

BenPOF 03-16-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kb24 (Post 18790907)
Ben how can I contact you? I would like to talk to you about promoting adult on POF.. thanks you can PM me..

No can do man, that's why I'm posting in the mainstream section :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by picXX (Post 18795288)
Hi, how's your voice against cupid media, wich is growing quite big on you guys :)

We don't view paid dating sites as competition. We exist in a mutually beneficial ecosystem :) They buy our traffic to convert users to paid and we get our traffic sold. It's a pretty sweet deal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paffg (Post 18807497)
free and too many users to get an affiliate program.

More like, not enough man power/time in the day to monitor an affiliate program :P

NetHorse 03-17-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenPOF (Post 18790550)
$25 deposit gets you 110x80 text ads (like Facebook style) and 310x110 small banners. $1000 deposit gets you 300x250, 160x600 and 728x90 banners.

CPM traffic.

Targeting capabilities:
Country
State/Province
Zip Code
Education
Body Type
Ethnicity
Parental Status
Smoking Status
Drinking Status
Car Status
Religion
Search type (long term, friends etc)
Income
Job

.. just to name a few!

$25 is the minimum deposit.

I'm sure you can find other sites that cater to your guy's situation haha maybe ask someone here for their affiliate link so they can make $5 while you're at it ;)

Hmm I can look into it and give you some suggestions but I'd rather not out your campaigns on a forum full of your potential competitors LOL email me and we'll hash it out.

Not bad at all.

What kind of tracking system do you use?

Shoot me an email.

bizjunkie [ a t ] consultant.com

Thanks!

O MARINA 03-19-2012 03:03 PM

Hi NetHorse
I sent you an email :pimp

sizz 03-19-2012 10:18 PM

Ben do you take adult novelty on pof?

BenPOF 03-22-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sizz (Post 18833834)
Ben do you take adult novelty on pof?

Unfortunately not :(

1-800-313-WETT 03-23-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenPOF (Post 18741588)
We don't allow adult on POF. However, if there are any guys who are looking to crossover into mainstream (non-adult) I'm here to help. Hence why this is posted in the mainstream section of the forum :)

GFY is for Adult Webmasters - that is why it is called Adult Webmaster Forum, can I go to POF and solicite adult webmasters?

kb24 03-26-2012 02:36 PM

Ben How does relationship (get ex back) and make money online products do on POF? Can we direct link to merchant page?

BenPOF 03-27-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kb24 (Post 18845912)
Ben How does relationship (get ex back) and make money online products do on POF? Can we direct link to merchant page?

You're better off with a product that teaches guys how to get more girls. Getting ex back products don't do as well.

Make money online products have worked in the past, from what I've heard from other affiliates, all the "good" ones are now dead. But the vertical does have potential if you have a good offer.

Yes you can direct link :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1-800-313-WETT (Post 18841243)
GFY is for Adult Webmasters - that is why it is called Adult Webmaster Forum, can I go to POF and solicite adult webmasters?

If we had a section that was labeled "Adult Business Discussions", sure. I believe I'm in the right section as I'm discussing mainstream business in the "mainstream business discussion" section :P Otherwise, there wouldn't need to be a distinct section for this purpose if everyone on GFY was adult.

michael.kickass 03-30-2012 12:58 PM

Welcome to GFY!

travs 04-03-2012 01:03 AM

hi Ben and welcome to GFY

acctman 04-06-2012 09:06 AM

Hi Ben, I have a mainstream project that I could use your advice on patrick_v..at..live.com

Ordo 04-09-2012 07:25 AM

Why are 99 out of 100 profiles on POF fake?
Scared my wife and I off the site and we were paying members.

BenPOF 04-09-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ordo (Post 18874468)
Why are 99 out of 100 profiles on POF fake?
Scared my wife and I off the site and we were paying members.

Were you going after hot chics who were looking to get down with couples? Probably one of your fellow advertisers trying to sling lead gen to their site LOL