GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Adxpansion moneyzz bye bye (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1321735)

Granis 01-05-2020 06:49 AM

Adxpansion moneyzz bye bye

Hi all,

I had a account with Adxpansion that was taken over by juicyads but I still had money in that account that is just missing now.

I contacted my contact at adxpansion (only have email) but no response, so I mailed juicy and they gave me a legal email adress of adxpansion and there i also get no response.

Anybody know a way to get my funds back? :helpme

:thumbsup

Beaver1 01-05-2020 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granis (Post 22589351)
Adxpansion that was taken over by juicyads

When did that happen in 2013 :1orglaugh

3xmedia 01-05-2020 08:12 AM

I think your thread title is right.

Quote:

Did JuicyAds acquire the AdXpansion advertising network?

JuicyAds acquired specific technology from AdXpansion, including the AdXpansion.com domain.

We did not purchase the company or ad serving operations. AdXpansion is closed permanently.
https://www.juicyads.com/adxpansion/

Granis 01-06-2020 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaver1 (Post 22589379)
When did that happen in 2013 :1orglaugh

AdXpansion ended operations and closed on Aug 1, 2019. :winkwink:

Granis 01-06-2020 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3xmedia (Post 22589382)
I think your thread title is right.

https://www.juicyads.com/adxpansion/

Yeh you're probably right.. :Oh crap

NALEM 01-06-2020 12:09 PM

Many people, business owners included, incorrectly assume the debt that the business has will disappear when the business is sold.

It is important to understand where the debt goes when selling the business. That largely will depend on how the transaction is structured: as a stock sale or as an asset sale.

Stock Sales occur when the buyer purchases the stock of the entity and assumes everything that the entity ( Corporation , LLC, etc.) owns, including its assets and liabilities. Generally, when you structure a transaction as a stock sale, you are buying everything that entity owns – including any unknown liabilities.

Asset Sales are only transferring specific assets and liabilities from the buyer to the seller. They can basically pick and choose which assets and liabilities are included in that transfer.

The asset sale involves the transfer of title to certain assets and sometimes certain liabilities.

Most small businesses are sold a
as an asset sale because of the unknown liabilities. A contingent liability means you don't know what's out there and so you don't know what you're inheriting.

If JuicyAds purchased the stock of AdXpansion, there could be liabilities out there such as affiliate revenue owed that JuicyAds must cover.

Exceptions to the above include leased equipment which have contracts requiring the new owners to assume them, and what I know as successor liability.

Successor re-liability in the sale of a business means that the buyer could potentially be liable for certain things, even though that wasn't agreed to contractually. Examples include unpaid utilities, sales tax , property tax, payroll taxes, income and social security taxes, etc. Successor liability occurs by "operation of law", not by contract.

Additionally, in certain states, the new buyers can be subject to claims of creditors in those states in which the bulk sale law is in effect.

Would any licensed attorneys here on GFY care to expand on or clarify what I just posted here?

Granis 01-07-2020 11:37 AM

Thanks for the intel, would be nice if a attorney would respond indeed :)

Klen 01-07-2020 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NALEM (Post 22590069)
Many people, business owners included, incorrectly assume the debt that the business has will disappear when the business is sold.

It is important to understand where the debt goes when selling the business. That largely will depend on how the transaction is structured: as a stock sale or as an asset sale.

Stock Sales occur when the buyer purchases the stock of the entity and assumes everything that the entity ( Corporation , LLC, etc.) owns, including its assets and liabilities. Generally, when you structure a transaction as a stock sale, you are buying everything that entity owns – including any unknown liabilities.

Asset Sales are only transferring specific assets and liabilities from the buyer to the seller. They can basically pick and choose which assets and liabilities are included in that transfer.

The asset sale involves the transfer of title to certain assets and sometimes certain liabilities.

Most small businesses are sold a
as an asset sale because of the unknown liabilities. A contingent liability means you don't know what's out there and so you don't know what you're inheriting.

If JuicyAds purchased the stock of AdXpansion, there could be liabilities out there such as affiliate revenue owed that JuicyAds must cover.

Exceptions to the above include leased equipment which have contracts requiring the new owners to assume them, and what I know as successor liability.

Successor re-liability in the sale of a business means that the buyer could potentially be liable for certain things, even though that wasn't agreed to contractually. Examples include unpaid utilities, sales tax , property tax, payroll taxes, income and social security taxes, etc. Successor liability occurs by "operation of law", not by contract.

Additionally, in certain states, the new buyers can be subject to claims of creditors in those states in which the bulk sale law is in effect.

Would any licensed attorneys here on GFY care to expand on or clarify what I just posted here?

No need for lawyer, your explanation is perfectly fine. Selling assets but not covering debt is quite common practice. Adxpansion was very badly run operation so it's a pure surprise how they did not went down before.

CaptainHowdy 01-07-2020 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granis (Post 22590641)
Thanks for the intel, would be nice if a attorney would respond indeed :)

Is it a sum worth fight for ? ?

fuzebox 01-08-2020 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NALEM (Post 22590069)

According to the Juicyads lander, some software technology and a domain name were purchased from the company, not the business itself.