GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Obamacare in trouble again (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1315534)

kane 07-10-2019 12:29 PM

Obamacare in trouble again

In Texas a judge ruled that since Obamacare no longer has the individual mandate (it was repealed in Trump's tax cut bill) it no longer collects taxes therefore it is unconstitutional. Yesterday the case was heard before an appeals court and while there hasn't been a ruling yet (and may not be for a while) experts suggest that the court is leaning towards siding with the Texas judge.

If so, that would likely put Obamacare back in front of the Supreme Court right in the middle of next year's election.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/obamaca...onstitutional/

If Trump and the Republicans get what they want, we will really find out just how popular Obamacare is or is not.

I, for one, only hope that whatever version we end up with still allows me to get insurance with a preexisting condition.

Vendzilla 07-10-2019 12:33 PM

Trump has made it clear he wants the existing conditions covered. I pay for healthcare for my wife and I, add to that I can use the VA.

Got a good deal considering all the high prices out there, joined in with a group that gets a better rate

crockett 07-10-2019 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendzilla (Post 22499104)
Trump has made it clear he wants the existing conditions covered. I pay for healthcare for my wife and I, add to that I can use the VA.

Got a good deal considering all the high prices out there, joined in with a group that gets a better rate

Trump has done nothing to replace Obamacare, he only has attacked it because Obama did it.

Trump lies everyday and you believe every word. You being an idiot will cost tens of thousands of people their lives because they will lose their access to heath care. You are the typical piece of shit saying I got mine fuck everyone else..

kane 07-10-2019 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendzilla (Post 22499104)

He says that, but both of the plans the Republicans voted on and didn't pass would have made it a lot harder for people with preexisting conditions to afford the coverage. I'll believe him when I actually see it. It's not like he lies or anything.

Vendzilla 07-10-2019 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kane (Post 22499109)
He says that, but both of the plans the Republicans voted on and didn't pass would have made it a lot harder for people with preexisting conditions to afford the coverage. I'll believe him when I actually see it. It's not like he lies or anything.

Been nothing but lies with Obamacare, or the PPACA as I learned is the actual name for it. Had to read a lot of it, it really is bad. O had to understand a lot of it to get my license to sell health and life insurance. I stayed away from health insurance. Too many questions from clients and no money in it for an agent. I don't sell either now, new adventure has been going on for a year and I'm enjoying it, be doing this till I retire

beerptrol 07-10-2019 12:50 PM

Trump and the republicans are liars. They don't want preexisting conditions covered. Look at their actions.

kane 07-10-2019 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendzilla (Post 22499116)
Been nothing but lies with Obamacare, or the PPACA as I learned is the actual name for it. Had to read a lot of it, it really is bad. O had to understand a lot of it to get my license to sell health and life insurance. I stayed away from health insurance. Too many questions from clients and no money in it for an agent. I don't sell either now, new adventure has been going on for a year and I'm enjoying it, be doing this till I retire

I'm not saying Obamacare is perfect. It is far from and has problems. That said, right now I can buy health insurance and not go bankrupt doing so. When the dust settles around all this, no matter what we end up with, I hope I can still do the same.

2MuchMark 07-10-2019 01:10 PM

Quote:

Been nothing but lies with Obamacare

Really? Lies are where YOU draw the line? LOL! The man who's ass you'd lovingly lick lies dozens of times a day, and you yourself have been caught red-handed lying to GFY'ers TWICE recently. Shut the fuck up with your bullshit already.

Vendzilla 07-10-2019 01:35 PM

The PPACA did a lot of damage, but hope we can get back to basics

Just saw on the news Trump signed a directive about Kidney care, I know he mentioned work on an over haul of healthcare insurance a little while ago, the man stays busy

crockett 07-10-2019 02:13 PM

Quote:

You of all people talking about lies. You were one of the idiots here on GFY that was claiming Obamacare was gonna have death panels..

Yea we have death panels all right, it's called the GOP because they refuse to work in the best interests of Americans and instead allow tens of thousands to die every year because they have no access to basic heathcare and preventable illnesses.

TheSquealer 07-10-2019 02:18 PM

Obama Care is awesome!
- No Doctor Ever

kane 07-10-2019 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSquealer (Post 22499164)
Obama Care is awesome!
- No Doctor Ever

Actually not true at all.

https://www.latimes.com/science/scie...125-story.html

TheSquealer 07-10-2019 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kane (Post 22499172)

so... the vast majority of them were unhappy Obama Care and wanted it changed.... according to the survey the ultra far left LA Times cites?

kane 07-10-2019 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSquealer (Post 22499228)
so... the vast majority of them were unhappy Obama Care and wanted it changed.... according to the survey the ultra far left LA Times cites?

Did you read it?

It says "the opening months of 2015, 48% of primary care physicians had a favorable opinion of the Affordable Care Act and 52% viewed it unfavorably.

It also says, "Among the survey's most striking findings was strong support for an extension of the Affordable Care Act that is absent from any GOP proposals: Two-thirds of primary care physicians endorsed the idea that any healthcare reform should include a public insurance option resembling Medicare that would compete with private plans."

So, you know, about half of doctors like it and two thirds of them think there should be a public option that directly competes with private insurance. In short, a lot more doctors than none (your words) like it.

GAMEFINEST 07-10-2019 05:36 PM

here we go again

Robbie 07-10-2019 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kane (Post 22499128)
That said, right now I can buy health insurance and not go bankrupt doing so.

We are now paying over $1,700 a month for a really good insurance plan I've had for the last 17 years.
Before ObamaCare it was less than $500 a month.

And we are all in good health.

ObamaCare has been a money pit for my family.

BaldBastard 07-11-2019 05:59 AM

Trump backtracks on drug rebate rule in major blow to pricing effort

https://www.foxbusiness.com/healthca...pricing-effort

Vendzilla 07-11-2019 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbie (Post 22499317)
We are now paying over $1,700 a month for a really good insurance plan I've had for the last 17 years.
Before ObamaCare it was less than $500 a month.

And we are all in good health.

ObamaCare has been a money pit for my family.

It's all the little things that will kill you!