View Single Post
Old 05-26-2006, 07:59 PM  
SteveLightspeed
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayeff
I'm not knocking this in principle and I have sometimes left sponsors alone because I wanted them for something specific, but they didn't get back to me until the work was complete. That happens so often that I frequently ignore sponsors if approval isn't automatic. But truthfully that rarely bothers me because there are so many sponsors to choose from, so I cannot imagine wanting to put up a bunch of links with the risk of having to remove them a few days later.

I can see the potential benefit from your point of view, but if it doesn't appeal to webmasters, you will not realize much of that potential. In other words, you have a problem, but the webmaster doesn't and therefore he doesn't have much incentive for taking a chance that all will be okay.
If an affiliate is worried that I won't approve their account or marketing techniques, they are probably right, and I just saved myself the trouble of rejecting them. Our TOS clearly spells out what we will and won't allow.