Rare non-election post: HORRIFIC car accident (graphic videos!)
Collapse
X
-
-
what the fuck were these idiots thinking. nobody even helping the burnt guy. they were just standing around while the other driver drug him around the track aimlessly. his facemask was melted to his face, did you notice.Comment
-
Damn. What's up with nobody helping the drivers?
HIGHEST PAYOUTS FOR NO-CONSOLE TOURS IN THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY!
THIS SIG CAN BE YOURS FOR $200 - ICQ: 78881543Comment
-
It's common for those cars to race in the rain or on wet tracks.Originally posted by stevo
damn, they should have stopped the race with all that water...
HIGHEST PAYOUTS FOR NO-CONSOLE TOURS IN THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY!
THIS SIG CAN BE YOURS FOR $200 - ICQ: 78881543Comment
-
WTF??? I just finished watching the 2nd one. They just leave the guy on the ground???
HIGHEST PAYOUTS FOR NO-CONSOLE TOURS IN THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY!
THIS SIG CAN BE YOURS FOR $200 - ICQ: 78881543Comment
-
Damn that's fucked up I hadn't seen it either...Comment
-
Trying to find out - it was posted on the forum at Piston Heads shortly before posting was disabled...Originally posted by crockett
btw any info of what race this was and where?Comment
-
Holy Shit!!!
That was insane and the guy was still alive. I can't believe he wasn't even being taken care of, wtf??IntenseCash.com
~ Chuck | ICQ: 444887112
Top converting sites:
BrokeStraightBoys.com, CollegeDudes.com & CollegeBoyPhysicals.comComment
-
I can already guess what happened.. Racing suits are only good for a few seconds in direct fire.. that and nothing protects your face even with a full face helmet. That guy was already in the car far too long to get out with out major major burns.Originally posted by volante
Watch the second one to see what happens to the guy in the Ferrari...
Top that with the smoke he had to have inhaled I can't imagine he made it out ok. This is why I'm aginst groups like SCCA that limit the amount you can do to a car just to keep costs down.In November, you can vote for America's next president or its first dictator.Comment
-
looks like something happened at the back of the car and everyone ran over, wish there was sound that may explain...Originally posted by IntenseCash
Holy Shit!!!
That was insane and the guy was still alive. I can't believe he wasn't even being taken care of, wtf??
but man thank god for talented engineers and advancements in safety equipment, even 10 years ago no one would have walked away from a crash like that...
FFComment
-
WTF? Do they have medical people at these races?
That guy in the burning car looks like he got dragged out and then just left there.
Hello? Medical attention please!I post on GFY so that when people ask me what I do,
I can tell them that I work with the mentally retarded.Comment
-
I've seen the first video in the last week, but the second video has me spooked, now I really want to know what happened to the Ferrari driver.Comment
-
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/sh...ad.php?t=29469
The driver of the Porsche got away with a fractured right leg."A racing car driver whose career ended with a sickening crash five years ago Wednesday was awarded 90 million yen compensation after the Tokyo District Court ruled race organizers were to blame for his crippling accident.
"I still love car racing," Ota said after the ruling.
Tetsuya Ota fell well short of getting the 300 million he had been asking from the five organizers and the marshal of the 1998 race where he suffered severe burns that ruined his driving career, but received the vindication he had been looking for.
"The crash was caused when the flag car suddenly slowed down," Presiding Judge Tsuyoshi Ono said. "Firefighting and rescue preparations were also not up to scratch."
Ota was delighted with the court win. "I would like to thank everybody who has supported me along the way," the 43-year-old once referred to as Japan's best Ferrari handler said in the wake of the ruling.
Those ordered to pay Ota include Fuji Speedway in Shizuoka Prefecture, where the horrifying crash occurred, and TV Tokyo, which broadcast the race.
None of the defendants have stated whether they will appeal against the ruling, including TV Tokyo, which spent the entirety of the court battle arguing that it could not be regarded as one of the race organizers.
Court records said Ota's terrifying crash occurred during a warm-up lap before the official start of the race in May 1998. Ota's car burst into flames after slamming into another vehicle that had already stopped because of a different accident.
Ota was stuck in the fireball for almost 90 seconds before rescuers finally dragged him out. He sustained burns across his body and is still unable to move his right arm, right shoulder and fingers properly.
Judges ruled the flag car should have been traveling at about 60 kilometers per hour instead of the 150 kilometers it was doing, and caused the accident by slowing too quickly. Ota was forced to unexpectedly drop his pace and, as a result, he lost control and smash into the stationary vehicle.
They also decided that Ota was left in his flaming vehicle for too long and organizers had neglected their responsibility to get him out of the burning car within 30 seconds of the blaze erupting.
A pre-race agreement between Ota and the organizers not to pursue legal action in the event of an accident was also dismissed as unacceptable.
"A letter that tries to eliminate one party from taking any responsibility for major accidents caused by gross negligence is incorrect, unfair and not void in this court," presiding judge Ono said.
TV Tokyo's attempt to avoid being regarded as one of the race organizers was dismissed by the court, which ruled it was involved in sufficient decisions made about the race to be viewed as one of the organizations directly concerned with running it.
Ota made his debut in 1982, racing in the Formula 3000 series before switching to GT car races in which he competed in four straight Le Mans 24-hour races. (Mainichi Shimbun, Japan, Oct. 29, 2003)"Comment
-
-







Comment