View Single Post
Old 03-06-2005, 03:16 PM  
Vendot
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Thats sad to hear - ive worked with tons of Indian programmers and found them to be hardworking, polite and very keen to please.

Internet connections over there are CRAP (seriously crap) and they tend to drop the line every few minutes so its possible that this is what happened. I think it happens more when theyre using an instant messenger service from my experience.

That said, ive noticed that some of my indian programmers have a different "protocal" whereby netiquette is concerned and maybe its just a cultural difference.

As regards hating the white man........ that is not true either. They love "da white man" and infact they highly respect europeans and americans. Remember that India is formerly a British colony and still has massive influences over there.

A lot of GFY folk seem to think that India is just beggars, sand dunes and desert. Which just aint true - the kids listen to western music (metallica is huge over there), wear designer labels, use mobile phones and frequent McDonalds/Kfc etc etc on a regular basis. They have more or less everything we have over there (except for nice internet connections).
Vendot is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote