View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 12:01 PM  
kane
Too lazy to set a custom title

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna mo View Post
really? I was under the impression the weed industry is growing by billions yearly and projected to continue.
It is, just not as much in Oregon. As new states like California and Nevada come online it continues to grow. And here in Oregon we still get some new people starting to buy, but at the end of the day there are only so many people who smoke week so in some areas sales will start to flatten out. It's still a huge industry.

In the last year I have seen prices drop a lot in the two dispensaries I go to. A year ago every type of flower was $10-$14/g plus 20% tax. Now at least half their weed is $8/g plus tax. There used to only be a few choices for oil carts and they ranged in price from $50-$80. Now most of those are $34-$50 and there are a dozen choices. When I went to the store last Friday they had a sale with half gram prerolls for $1 and 1g prerolls for $2.

What we are starting to see now is an expansion of higher end stuff and a lot more edibles.

I think in states like this where it has now been legal for a few years and the market is mature, it will continue to level out then likely stay pretty steady. We will see explosive growth in new states.
kane is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote