View Single Post
Old 05-28-2018, 11:31 AM  
kane
Too lazy to set a custom title

Quote:
Originally Posted by wankawonk View Post
Here in cali, dispensaries cannot compete with black market prices. There's a huge hidden tax on top of the advertised tax price--you're paying for the fact that, because cannabis is still federally illegal, business can't deduct most of their operating expenses. For the most part, they pay corporate income tax on the sticker price minus what they paid for it; none of their employee salaries or rent or other operating expenses are deductible.

End result is I can pay $20 for a bag of straight fire from a buddy, or I can pay $40 for a bag of decent shit from the club.

Black market ain't goin anywhere till shit's federally legal.
A few weeks back I saw a big story here in Oregon about how the state is now growing a lot more weed than it can sell so the growers, who have permits and are growing legally, can't find buyers so they are selling it on the black market and bags of weed that has been professionally processed and labeled are ending up in other states and being found by the police. Too many people have tried to get in on the gold rush and are finding out that the customer base is starting to plateau.
kane is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote