View Single Post
Old 08-14-2016, 10:41 AM  
Barry-xlovecam
It's 42

Industry Role:
IDK -- I had to replace the power supply to get it to boot. Board is OK now but 2 1TB Seagates [old SATA 3 HHD] are bad. Little data loss most is backed up -- that is what matters. A newer Hitachi was detected OK.
I never liked that comp with that board anyway. I need to build a new primary work station anyway. AMD 8 core 32GB RAM 1 SSD 5 SATA -- I can reuse that case

I picked up a 250GB Samsung SSD EVO [MZ-75E250B/AM] for $68 on a special deal at Amazon. 218.3 GB free with the o/s Ubuntu 16.04 with the basic software I use -- (no servers yet) on my old workstation -- still very usable now with the new SSD and more memory. they are $89 USD now 500GB$158 USD $185 CAD is less

Even though the other one is working -- I am going to gut it and reuse the case (ANTEC). Keep the working memory cards as spares for the older comps.

newegg.com has an Intel 480GB SSD for $142 hmm never used one ...

The problem I have always had with buying all the parts for a new computer was researching and shopping. But in 10 custom builds they have served me pretty well.
Barry-xlovecam is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote