View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 12:08 PM  
Ross
Ik ben een aap

Industry Role:
Dubai is in my top 3 best trips ever. You do not need a permit to drink alcohol, that is utter bullshit. Only certain places serve it such as hotels and clubs (mostly inside hotels). Don't walk around the streets drunk, if you are planning a night out then be smart and take a taxi back to your hotel, even if it is only 200 metres away. The cops will have your back, they don't want to arrest you and would rather see you get home safe, they will not harrass you or make your life difficult either but if you do try to break the rules then you will be punished. It's not as strict as other Middle East places, women don't need to be covered head to toe unless they are going into a holy place, in which case you can just rent some clothes to wear while you go in.

Dubai is big and certain places are not easy to get to unless you take a taxi (which is fairly cheap anyway). They have a monorail system that is great and cheap but for some tourist spots you can still have a 1-2 mile walk to get there after you get off at the station. Weather is amazing, I went in January and it didn't drop below 30C during the day or 24C at night. Food is amazing, great mix of cheap places and higher end places. The beaches are nice and are surrounded by plenty of things to do if you get bored.

Plan your trip wisely before you go, think of everything you want to do first then book your hotel based on where you will spend most of your time. I stayed in Jumeirah beach because we were down that area most but next time I go I will stay in the business district around the Burj Khalifa for better night life and food.
Ross is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote