dyna mo
The People's Post

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyna mo View Post

there is no question the kid assaulted the instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronM View Post
The kids in these videos need to be expelled.
Quote:
i totally agree.
Quote:
they aren't mutually exclusive. bad parents + bad teacher + bad student = physical altercation.

the math works here.
Quote:
instead you like to make shit up such as me defending the student even though I am OTR earlier agreeing with AaronM the kid should be punished.
my pragmatic view backed up by researchers and educators:

Quote:
according to this article, power struggle in the classroom is the responsibility and fault of the educator.

Chapter 20: Conflict Resolution and Power struggles
Quote:
from the National Education Association:

Avoiding Power Struggles with Students
The dos and don'ts of dealing with classroom confrontations.

many educators have developed strategies for dealing with confrontational students. At the top of the list: “Never get into a power struggle,” says Mary Barela, a middle school teacher in Fort Collins, Colorado. “You are the adult and know better.

NEA - Avoiding Power Struggles with Students
Quote:
A Report by the American Psychological Association Board of Educational Affairs Task Force on Classroom Violence Directed Against Teachers.

Understanding and Preventing Violence Directed Against Teachers

Educators should be prepared to identify early warning signs of aggressive and violent threats (see Warning signs of youth violence), reacting from an effective response repertoire. The Federal Bureau of Investigation has compiled a list of resources that is a great resource for schools.

When equipped with best practices training, empathic caring and a supportive administrative staff, a proactive and knowledgeable teacher is his or her own best protection against threats of student violence.
Quote:
Incidents of aggression and violence in the classroom should be met with immediate, nonaggressive consequences. The author discusses specific strategies for preventing violent episodes and for reacting appropriately when they do occur.

Practical Strategies for Working With Students Who Display Aggression and Violence
CYC-Net: CYC-Online
dyna mo is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote