View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 03:47 PM  
InfoGuy
80/20 Rule

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opt!musPr!me View Post
the question is in the title just wondering was thinking about picking a few up not really expecting much how do they do in search rankings
Don't waste your time with .website or any other new gTLD/sTLD. If you want your site to have credibility, go with .com

Quote:
Originally Posted by RummyBoy View Post
I never bother with the new extensions, there are just so many of them and no particular reason to own them.
+1

Quote:
Sure but of all the new extensions that came up in say the last five years, which ones did become a proven concept? They're all basically nowhere....
Let's go back 12-13 years to when .info and .biz were launched.

Quote:
Hmmmmm, well I doubt it will really take off partly because the extension is so long to type in but you're right $4/yr is pretty damn low and probably for that reason.... actually that makes it less attractive for me.
Afilias though the $1 price point would encourage more new .info registrations. It did, but the problem was email spammers bought them as a cheaper alternative to .com The general public had little interest in developing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett View Post
Why didn't they just name the extension .web no one is going to want to type in .website + the actual domain name.. it's way too long.
The ccTLD .ws for Western Samoa has been marketed as an abbreviation for website since inception. Look at how popular that's become.
InfoGuy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote