View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 11:17 AM  
adultmobile
No, I am not banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseQuinn View Post
I don't understand why a sponsor wouldn't inform the affiliate as to what specific practice allegedly violated the ToS.
I don't know details of this specific case and din't read thread details, but,

I am the guy who write these "you do fraud, you not paid" emails for my program, and I can tell that if you don't write why it is considered fraud, even when it is actually a fraud (and the affiliate knows it)... most will simply reaply threating to write bad review in forums, and some will write actually (more likely in russian or black hat forums, than in GFY, but here too). So I find it especially silly not to write some cause or details, to at least have a base over which the affiliate could reply you rather than go start boicott campaigns on internet.
I am talking of actual fraud affiliates, who know they breach your TOS: they want you to tell how you caught them. Perhaps, so next time they will do better cheating and not be caught. In fact, at times here in GFY I told some of the fraud methods, and a cam site owner wrote me private email, suggesting not to help fraudsters with information how we catch fake signups and such, or they may evolve into less detectable frauds.
So one reason for a program not to give details, it could be to safeguard their way to catch the fraud, and not to teach fraudster how he is being caught - still this is the details, and a program could still give a minimal detail enough for fraudster to get the message that his trick is identified, but, not exactly how.

Of course I am not considering the option that a program is not honest and will want to save money by avoid paying affiliates who deserve it - mine post only states that (wheter it was a real breach or not, and the program is honest or not) it is silly not to specify what term was in breach, either real or an excuse. As generic "you made but, I will not even tell you what" messages, simply will cause anger.

TubeCamGirl.com
adultmobile is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote