View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 01:14 AM  
acrylix
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyparra View Post
It makes me wonder though, if the dont crawl them, would they be above having their staff join to gather info? Or even hacking to see? Im not accusing linkspun and its really awesome, but google making me paranoid
Highly unlikely that they are hacking the site. Wouldn't put it past them to create a profile to login and check things out though. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the most they could see from simply logging in are any unhidden sites in your profile...not actual trades.

Still, they could get an idea of which sites make up your network...and also see the fact that these domains are on a link trading site.

Would be stupid to punish people just for being on LinkSpun though, as anyone could add your sites on there including a competitor. Then again, Google has already admitted that they will punish you for things completely out of your control which any competitor may do:

https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1066383
acrylix is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote