View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 01:00 AM  
OneWhoKnows
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
ClassAffiliates.com WTF???

Ok, I signed up for an account at ClassAffiliates.com - the dutch program for ClassMedia sites, such as the well known Oldje.com. I knew that the first version of their affiliate program was a complete mess after its launch a few years ago. So I wanted to check their current version of the program and if they have promo tools for legal tubes.

Well, just in case you were wondering the same, they don't. Only picture and movie FHG with NO gallery exporter tool (just a very simple text version with predefined format). Payouts are Check and Wire only

Ok, but the reason I'm posting this is a news message that pops up right after you login. It contains a lot of whining how hard it is to run an affiliate programs and that most affiliates are cheaters. And this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassAffiliates
Only rebills & no new signups

When we have to conclude that an affiliate brings no new members that do a signup and only generates rebills, then we will stop our payments. Payment of rebills are a form of motivation.
Doing otherwise would be unlogical: we as a producer have to invest in new content and affiliates have to invest in bringing new customers, that is just the way our business works.
So, if for example their ratio is not that good and you decide to stop sending a lot of traffic, just collecting rebills, don't expect to be paid. I mean, seriously - WTF? Yeah right, paying for rebills is just a form of motivation and not, let's say paying your resellers what you fucking owe them! I also found this other thread from August 2011 where ClassAffiliates denied payout of 1k EUR owed because they thought the affiliate is not sending enough traffic.

https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1035079

Oh, in case you're wondering where all the money goes that they don't pay their affiliates - ClassMedia is one of the founders of that ACIUF Antipiracy Union (together with the president of IMC/Payserve).

https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1059696

I always thought that this Antipiracy Union is a great idea, however this makes it shine a little less bright, I'd say.

Sorry, ClassAffiliates. In that news message you talk of "mutual respect", while you treat your affiliates like shit. So, if you want to get paid for your work, I'd rather stay away from ClassAffiliates.
OneWhoKnows is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote