View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 03:49 PM  
gideongallery
Confirmed User

Quote:
Originally Posted by His Infernal Majesty View Post
Gideon, none of the other sites I mentioned require that, do not pick and choose what you want to reply to make the overall point seem more dramatic. And I looked into it more last night and CDBaby works as a liaison to post your stuff on iTunes, as well.

http://members.cdbaby.com/sell-on-itunes.aspx the service costs a whopping $40!

The point was there are already alternatives that exist. None have roots of millions of dollars in piracy and none are being shut down.
cdbaby acts as the record company for itunes and takes 9% for that "service"

they take 25% of all the sales they make that two and a half times as much as mega upload was going to charge

and they paid artist to give their stuff away for free (which none of those services do).

like i said before

Quote:
seriously if this was years in the coming, want to explain why they could have waited say 2-3 months to properly plan out how to protect all the independent artist who are getting fucked out $7-9 grand a year from the current program BEFORE they started this take down.

don't you think the fed saying the site is up for all the legitimate user of the site, but if you upload any pirated content we now are logging your ip address info, that all the piracy would have stopped cold too, of course it would have.

“When crimes occur through the mail, you don’t shut the post office down,” Steve Wozniak
gideongallery is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote