View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 05:22 PM  
Deej
I make pixels work

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanCapture View Post
One doesn't need a ringflash to bring out the eyes...one just needs to learn proper lighting techniques

I have 2 ringflash units but hardly ever use them. I use them more for special effects and not as a crutch. But I do see people using them on everything...which IMO kinda ruins the beauty of using it at all. Just my

Not to mention....it takes a lot of practice to be able to use one properly and effectively.

Good luck with your purchase and keep us posted on your adventures with it!
Well, the two comments were sorta together, sorta separate.

I'm an aspiring photog. I dont want to use a ringflash specifically for eyes alone. Although on some close up shots like in amateur allure it would be nice.

The eyes comment was a general overall.. even in person i attract to eyes before most anything else, unless of course the girl has an exceptionally nice rack!

I want a little of everything to play around.

Lighting IS key!!! I'm learning. Investing in a nice set of lights right now. well, making the order tomorrow from BH.

I also want the ringflash for macro stuff ... n udies wont be my only focus. I plan on making a wedding portfolio and even scenic shit.

Don't get me wrong. I plan on shooting some nice college girls too

Are you planning any more workshops, Dean?

Deej's Designs n' What Not
Hit me up for Design, CSS & Photo Retouching

Icq#30096880
Deej is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote