Welcome to the GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post New Thread Reply

Register GFY Rules Calendar
Go Back   GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum > >
Discuss what's fucking going on, and which programs are best and worst. One-time "program" announcements from "established" webmasters are allowed.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:12 AM   #51
ITraffic
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
get rich quick schemes are evergreen. popular and good times and bad.
ITraffic is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:12 AM   #52
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
I've yet to find any mainstream forums that were decent. Most including WF are just filled with get rich quick spams or people trying to screw noobs out of money with per made useless shit. Wicked fire is about the closest to anything that could be useful, but warrior forum is shit.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:13 AM   #53
deltav
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman! View Post
there are a ton of ways for the owner of that forum to make $$$ 3.2 does not seem all that high.
Yup, aside from gambling addicts I'd say that technology challenged get-rich-quick types are one of the most lucrative demographics out there.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:14 AM   #54
ITraffic
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
since it was bought by freelancer.com there is plenty of synergies to be made.
ITraffic is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:24 AM   #55
Just Alex
Liv Benson to You, Bitch

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brassmonkey View Post
both
LOL Look whos talking - our racist baboon
Old 04-16-2014, 11:25 AM   #56
Just Alex
Liv Benson to You, Bitch

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazin View Post
India is a huge market for the IM niche... are you really that racist and ignorant that you think all those brown people have no money?
Let me guess where you mommy and daddy are from Raj?
It has nothing to do with your skin color, you idiot.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:27 AM   #57
brassmonkey
Pay It Forward

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Alex View Post
LOL Look whos talking - our racist baboon
yeah im a racist
brassmonkey is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:37 AM   #58
just a punk
So fuckin' bored

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by adultchatpay View Post
GFy vs. Warrior Forum.

GFy wins!
This is not a joke actually. This is TRUTH. GFY is a real professional board (yeas still it is). Here you won't be asked to pay for an ad thread, because all-sufficient. Also, as I guy who sells scripts for internet marketing, I can confirm that lots of my customers are GFY members. The guys that have enough money to pay a couple hundreds bucks for a professional tool and who really understand how to use it to make money. On the other hand, I had just a few sales at Warrior Forum (almost everyone there is begging to give him something for free). Unfortunately even among those few customers I have those "successful internet marketers" that have no clue how to make money online. Some even don't understand what WordPress is and how it works.

Just my
Old 04-16-2014, 11:41 AM   #59
Just Alex
Liv Benson to You, Bitch

Industry Role:
Quote:
yeah im a racist
And an idiot representing 95% of blacks who use their race as excuse for failure
Old 04-16-2014, 11:43 AM   #60
just a punk
So fuckin' bored

Industry Role:
Quote:
India is a huge market for the IM niche... are you really that racist and ignorant that you think all those brown people have no money?
99% have no skills and knowledge. This has nothing to do with their brown skin, however. This is a complex problem of a weak education system and total poverty there
Old 04-16-2014, 11:55 AM   #61
pegginglovers
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTrollkien View Post
A. They have no Idea the mess they're getting into.

B. Things will change real soon

Couldn't agree more, it's ripe for massive problems.
Gotta love their constant censorship unless you're part of the 'circle'.

Very few real business threads unless you want to believe that buying this wso and pressing one button will make you a millionaire. Buy a brain...

Pathetic.

BEST ADULT CPA NETWORK
http://q.gs/802467/best-adult-cpa-network

www.painaltube.com painal videos

www.sexdatelovers.com hookup dating site

www.pegginglovers.com strapon dating

www.camsamateur.org amateur webcams

www.amatricewebcams.com amatrices sur webcam

www.discretemistress.com bdsm dating where slaves meet mistresses

www.straponwebcams.com bdsm webcams
pegginglovers is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:55 AM   #62
mineistaken
See signature :)

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquealer View Post
My view on that (or any business) is that value matters a great deal over the long term. If it was a massive community full of useful people and useful discussions and a great place to learn specific topics then there is value there. If its just "get rich quick" schemes, which have no value then i think that fickle crowd can easily flee and go anywhere. The "get rich quick schemes" all have time limits. Just as most of the information there, has an expiration date... where sites, links, images etc are dead in most discussions.

I think forums are super tricky to run. GFY was once among the largest forums online.... let a few idiots in, ban a few of the wrong people and you totally upset the dynamics and unwittingly throw things into a tailspin... as GFY has done many times as they drove it into the ground. Of course mainstream is not the same as this industry and other factors also helped run this place into the ground.

It's hard to imagine a forum having much value (for me anyway)... or methodically increasing that value over time in what is really a fickle environment... but likely the value really depends on how the new owners intend to monetize the traffic. It might be a great deal for someone with an affiliate network or product that can benefit from that crowd.
Just like there are people to poison themselves buying cigarettes, there will be people who get hooked on buying get rich ebooks. I do not seem this model going away in the near future. naive people are there and naive people buy those books.
And again it is not only that, there are some honest products being sold. If new buyer would see fit he could steer towards good products. In case people would magically stop being naive, which would not happen.

Last edited by mineistaken; 04-16-2014 at 11:57 AM..
mineistaken is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:04 PM   #63
MrTrollkien
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegginglovers View Post
Couldn't agree more, it's ripe for massive problems.
Gotta love their constant censorship unless you're part of the 'circle'.

Very few real business threads unless you want to believe that buying this wso and pressing one button will make you a millionaire. Buy a brain...

Pathetic.
MrTrollkien is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:38 PM   #64
Matt 26z
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman! View Post
there are a ton of ways for the owner of that forum to make $$$ 3.2 does not seem all that high.
It comes down to the users.

Flippa and 99designs were originally popular sub-forums on SitePoint. There was legit business being conducted there. They had the vision to break them off onto their own standalone services for expansion. Then they got $35 million in VC for 99designs.

The question is, what kind of serious business is being done at WarriorForum? All I see are the get rich quick scams and the low end work being bought and sold in conjunction with implementing that crap ($2 articles, $20 SEO services that will get you banned from Google, $10 logos and so on).

Just look at the mental state of their users......

"Is It Possible To Attract Money Using Mind Power?"
The poll currently has 72% voting yes.
http://www.warriorforum.com/mind-war...ind-power.html

Most of the people in the "mind warriors" sub-forum believe in that supernatural Law of Attraction concept where if you think about being rich, you will be rich. Stop and ask yourself what type of person believes this nonsense? Probably the same type of person who thinks "$500,000 Per Year With No Skills And Little Work" is a viable source of information.
Matt 26z is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:52 PM   #65
mineistaken

Industry Role:
^ That is why it was only 3.2 million and not 35 million....
And 35 million only for design contest subforum in a nutshell. WF has more than that, I mean even if you remove ebooks you would have more to work on than just design contests..

ps: WF is all "legit business" as well.
mineistaken is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:55 PM   #66
Klen

Industry Role:
This must be some mistake,i felt stupid every time when i visited that forum.

Inquiries which are not related to administration or advertising on GFY wont be processed.
Klen is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:59 PM   #67
crockett
in a van by the river

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt 26z View Post
It comes down to the users.

Flippa and 99designs were originally popular sub-forums on SitePoint. There was legit business being conducted there. They had the vision to break them off onto their own standalone services for expansion. Then they got $35 million in VC for 99designs.

The question is, what kind of serious business is being done at WarriorForum? All I see are the get rich quick scams and the low end work being bought and sold in conjunction with implementing that crap ($2 articles, $20 SEO services that will get you banned from Google, $10 logos and so on).

Just look at the mental state of their users......

http://www.warriorforum.com/mind-war...ind-power.html

Most of the people in the "mind warriors" sub-forum believe in that supernatural Law of Attraction concept where if you think about being rich, you will be rich. Stop and ask yourself what type of person believes this nonsense? Probably the same type of person who thinks "$500,000 Per Year With No Skills And Little Work" is a viable source of information.

What if I told you, that YOU could make $500,000 Per Year With No Skills And Very Little Work? I can tell you how I did just that and more, but I'm not giving away my wealth of knowledge and this valuable information for free, but for just $49.95 I'll sell it to you! But wait, there is more, if you act fast I'll throw in this handy set of Tupperware like storage bins FOR FREE!

Last edited by crockett; 04-16-2014 at 01:00 PM..
crockett is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:53 PM   #68
johnnyloadproductions
Account Shutdown

Industry Role:
Quote:
[

Make 75%, 15% are unsure.

Shortcuts and easy money can be had sometimes in life, but it's rare and only in rare opportunities.
It's unsettling how easy it is for people to fall in to shortest path of this or that; learning or making money.

Last edited by johnnyloadproductions; 04-16-2014 at 01:55 PM..
johnnyloadproductions is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:56 PM   #69
pimpmaster9000
Too lazy to set a custom title

Industry Role:
warrior forum is a gold mine of information if you completely disregard the get rick quick methods and have half a brain...I think its a smart acquisition from freelancer because of how much targeted traffic the forum gets for IM services...it was sold a bit on the cheap side but then again the whole board concept of sell get rich schemes to idiots is on shaky ground legally speaking...this was the best way to give the site a new direction IMO..
pimpmaster9000 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:05 PM   #70
johnnyloadproductions
Account Shutdown

Industry Role:
Numbers don't have to be mentioned and it is foolish of me just to lump it, anyone here make any serious ROI on what they've pushed over there?

I get dizzy thinking about looooooonnnnngggg as webpages that have testimonials littered throughout, reassuring me I'm making a good buy.
johnnyloadproductions is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:10 PM   #71
Shap
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid70 View Post
Shap at work, I guess )))
You know it
Shap is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:06 AM   #72
$5 submissions
I help you SUCCEED

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crucifissio View Post
warrior forum is a gold mine of information if you completely disregard the get rick quick methods and have half a brain...I think its a smart acquisition from freelancer because of how much targeted traffic the forum gets for IM services...it was sold a bit on the cheap side but then again the whole board concept of sell get rich schemes to idiots is on shaky ground legally speaking...this was the best way to give the site a new direction IMO..
Some of the Income claims made by WSOs are really borderline. Still, WaFo is WaFo and Gfy is Gfy precisely because they cater to different AUDIENCES. WaFo tends to attract (at least according to Alexa), an older crowd. While BHW, GFY, and WiFi attract a younger crowd with intermediate to advanced skills. Sure, there are a few really adept people on WaFo but they're usually the ones making money off the newbs.

What I find most disconcerting about WaFo is the GROUP THINK. For example, there are some 'well respected' members who actually believe that posting the SAME CONTENT on your blog and on Free Ezine articles will actually result in you getting traffic Talk about a warped perception of SYNDICATION. Sure, news sites syndicate content all the time...but pay attention to their DA. They can get away with that and Google gives them slack. Not so much for some news thin content Amazon product review blog..
$5 submissions is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:06 AM   #73
Mediamix
Dutch Webmaster!

Industry Role:
I made one post there... I just said "GFY ROCKS".

Got banned. They can't handle the truth.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:11 AM   #74
mopek1
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by $5 submissions View Post
Some of the Income claims made by WSOs are really borderline. Still, WaFo is WaFo and Gfy is Gfy precisely because they cater to different AUDIENCES. WaFo tends to attract (at least according to Alexa), an older crowd. While BHW, GFY, and WiFi attract a younger crowd with intermediate to advanced skills. Sure, there are a few really adept people on WaFo but they're usually the ones making money off the newbs.

What I find most disconcerting about WaFo is the GROUP THINK. For example, there are some 'well respected' members who actually believe that posting the SAME CONTENT on your blog and on Free Ezine articles will actually result in you getting traffic Talk about a warped perception of SYNDICATION. Sure, news sites syndicate content all the time...but pay attention to their DA. They can get away with that and Google gives them slack. Not so much for some news thin content Amazon product review blog..
Many of the well respected members are fakes (eg: Alexa Smith) but so many of the newbs follow her like lost puppies. When people call her out they get banned immediately. The forum owners know she/he is fake but protect him (he was outed on another site posing as this woman) because he is good for member retention and therefore $$$ ...
mopek1 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:39 AM   #75
Klen

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediamix View Post
I made one post there... I just said "GFY ROCKS".

Got banned. They can't handle the truth.
I wonder what number of those 730k users is banned.

Inquiries which are not related to administration or advertising on GFY wont be processed.
Klen is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:25 AM   #76
$5 submissions
I help you SUCCEED

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopek1 View Post
Many of the well respected members are fakes (eg: Alexa Smith) but so many of the newbs follow her like lost puppies. When people call her out they get banned immediately. The forum owners know she/he is fake but protect him (he was outed on another site posing as this woman) because he is good for member retention and therefore $$$ ...
I wonder if that tolerant policy (tolerant of fake accounts) will survive the transition in ownership.
$5 submissions is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:30 AM   #77
mopek1
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
I wonder if that tolerant policy (tolerant of fake accounts) will survive the transition in ownership.
I guess it depends on whether or not Freelancer even knew and if they did will they care.
mopek1 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:31 AM   #78
alaxedk

Industry Role:
Waw. An awesome amount of money for the owner lolz.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:48 AM   #79
$5 submissions
I help you SUCCEED

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopek1 View Post
I guess it depends on whether or not Freelancer even knew and if they did will they care.
Good point. They probably have bigger fish to fry. For example, making sure WF's WSOs live up to FTC or other relevant regulatory scrutiny. A lot of the income claims out there are..well.. unbelievable. Either way, early word on the street is that a comprehensive affiliate program for WSOs is in the works. This would open up lots of opportunities but also might mean the end for WarriorPlus.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:11 AM   #80
anexsia
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett View Post
What if I told you, that YOU could make $500,000 Per Year With No Skills And Very Little Work? I can tell you how I did just that and more, but I'm not giving away my wealth of knowledge and this valuable information for free, but for just $49.95 I'll sell it to you! But wait, there is more, if you act fast I'll throw in this handy set of Tupperware like storage bins FOR FREE!
WHAT!? TUPPERWARE!? SIGN ME UP FOR TWO! How much is shipping & handling??
anexsia is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:31 PM   #81
Matt 26z
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
early word on the street is that a comprehensive affiliate program for WSOs is in the works.
I recall reading somewhere that PayPal forced WarriorForum's hand in banning any mention of affiliate opportunities for the WSO within the WSO itself. Like "Click here to promote this WSO as an affiliate." Apparently PayPal didn't like WSOs being sold that taught how to sell WSOs to still more people that wanted to sell WSOs and having affiliates involved essentially selling air. They viewed it as a potentially illegal pyramid.

Could be a rumor, but then there is this recording of PayPal banning one of these get rich quick guys....
https://soundcloud.com/user39526148/...e-money-online
Matt 26z is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:34 PM   #82
blazin
Confirmed User

Quote:
Let me guess where you mommy and daddy are from Raj?
It has nothing to do with your skin color, you idiot.
lol.... not from India... not even close...you racist bigot.

My exposure to Indians has been through various IT companies that I have been involved with... and I've worked with some talented ( and not so talented) developers that probably earn more than you...
Old 04-17-2014, 02:11 PM   #83
Boner Party

Industry Role:
there's a lot of indian brains on that board. there's a lot of boners here.

wonder what gfy would sell for.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:05 PM   #84
Matt 26z
So Fucking Banned

Industry Role:
Quote:
My exposure to Indians has been through various IT companies that I have been involved with
When people talk negatively about Indians it's moreso referencing the stereotypical case of someone working out of an internet cafe with broken english and just wanting to make $5 USD per day. They are the people who destroy forums.

The owner of DP has to be shitting himself right now thinking about the demographic shift that happened on his forum, preventing him from ever getting $3.2m for it.

Last edited by Matt 26z; 04-17-2014 at 03:09 PM..
Old 04-17-2014, 05:14 PM   #85
clickhappy
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
a marketplace for the modern snake oil salesman

"make $500,000 in your sleep in 30 days!" only $99.99!!! 29th day they are on a flight to some island
exactly.
clickhappy is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:15 PM   #86
Just Alex
Liv Benson to You, Bitch

Industry Role:
Quote:
lol.... not from India... not even close...you racist bigot.

My exposure to Indians has been through various IT companies that I have been involved with... and I've worked with some talented ( and not so talented) developers that probably earn more than you...
LOL punk Considering my involvement with non-adult biz and having to fly to Kolkata at least twice a year Im sure you know a lot more about typical Indian IT prick with his 3 month-express BS (do not confuse with bachelor of Science) degree from Eastern Bengal Technical University
And Im sure some Indians do make more than I do, but non you know in person
Punkass

Last edited by Just Alex; 04-17-2014 at 05:18 PM..
Just Alex is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:17 PM   #87
Just Alex
Liv Benson to You, Bitch

Industry Role:
Quote:
When people talk negatively about Indians it's moreso referencing the stereotypical case of someone working out of an internet cafe with broken english and just wanting to make $5 USD per day. They are the people who destroy forums.
Im off to India in June. Want me to snap few pictures of typical offshore Indian?
Old 04-17-2014, 05:33 PM   #88
mineistaken

Industry Role:
Quote:
DP has to be shitting himself right now thinking about the demographic shift that happened on his forum
Elaborate.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:41 PM   #89
L-Pink
working on my tan

Industry Role:
Quote:
Im off to India in June. Want me to snap few pictures of typical offshore Indian?
I would.

L-Pink is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:58 PM   #90
Alice22
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
All those "get rich quick scams" make tons of money to the forum.
Each WSO bump it's 40$, and there is a huge amount on them.
+ they sell advertising , paid forums and more.
I can see why it sold for that much.
Alice22 is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:46 PM   #91
CPA-Rush
small trip to underworld

Industry Role:
Location: first gen intel 80386/nintendo-gb/arcade/ps1/internet person
good money

automatic exchange - paxum , bitcoin,pm, payza

. daizzzy signbucks caution will black-hat black-hat your traffic

ignored forever :zuzana designs
CPA-Rush is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:01 PM   #92
blazin
Confirmed User

Quote:
LOL punk Considering my involvement with non-adult biz and having to fly to Kolkata at least twice a year Im sure you know a lot more about typical Indian IT prick with his 3 month-express BS (do not confuse with bachelor of Science) degree from Eastern Bengal Technical University
And Im sure some Indians do make more than I do, but non you know in person
Punkass
Alex, judging from your typical display of ignorance, I'm guessing a typical one armed pan-handling beggar makes more than you and your mom turning tricks in her trailer. Punk ass bitch.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:10 PM   #93
PiracyPitbull
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crockett View Post
Old 04-17-2014, 11:45 PM   #94
pamon
Confirmed User

Industry Role:
the place gets a ton of posts and makes $20 per post in services. dude took his $$ and ran. a nice $3mm for a successful site. congrats to him.
pamon is offline   Share thread on Digg Share thread on Twitter Share thread on Reddit Share thread on Facebook Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:42 AM   #95
Just Alex
Liv Benson to You, Bitch

Industry Role:
Quote:
Alex, judging from your typical display of ignorance, I'm guessing a typical one armed pan-handling beggar makes more than you and your mom turning tricks in her trailer. Punk ass bitch.

Raj, you are so adorable