Hustler Novelties is looking for an organized, experienced and motivated Product Development Manager with imagination and creativity.
The Product Development Manager is responsible for the creation and development of new products for the Hustler Novelties line. Reporting to the Director of Novelties, the Product Development Manager generates annual business plans for existing and new products, and is responsible for product value propositions, strategic pricing, and positioning the products in the marketplace. The Product Development Manager also assesses potential partnerships and acquisition opportunities in conjunction with the Operations Manager, Director of Novelties and other Senior Management. In addition, the Product Development Manager oversees a disciplined ideation, product development and management process to foster robust, timely and profitable new product development and long-term growth. Additionally, the Product Development Manager participates in all pricing activities for new products and monitors the pricing effectiveness of existing products.
- Provide oversight of strategy, business plan management and technical aspects of all products/services in the portfolio
- Manage the entire lifecycle of product lines from ideation through development, implementation and management
- Ensure close collaboration with manufacturers, potential clients, and internal stakeholders throughout the product life cycle
- Identify market trends and potential new product development opportunities, including the commission of market research, category, trend and competitive analyses as required
- Provide development timelines and cost estimates for new products prior to project approval
- Contribute to pricing and negotiating contracts with relevant manufacturers and vendors
- Track progress of expenditures and anticipated future costs versus initial project budgets, and keep management and finance updated with any potential budgetary deviations
- Test and review prototype, pre-production, and production samples and formulate feedback and constructive criticism together with clear direction that brings about successful completion of projects within given time constraints.
- Collaborate with others in the department to manage workloads to meet deadlines while achieving the highest level of accuracy
- Produce, manipulate, and modify technical sketches of products using Adobe Illustrator based on input from the management team.
- Lead new product development efforts
- Generate internal and external enthusiasm for the product lines
- A minimum of five years of experience in product development with progressive responsibility; familiarity with adult products preferred
- Bachelorís Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field required
- Able to design both technically and graphically
- Proficient in Photoshop, Excel, CAD and Illustrator
- Superb analytical, interpersonal, written and oral communications skills, and keen creativity
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Frequent cross-country and international travel required
- Able to collaborate effectively, multi-task, and perform well under tight deadline pressures
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships with manufacturers, vendors, and internal stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Management experience with both people and products
- Mandarin fluency a plus
If you possess the required skills described above, thrive in a fast paced environment, welcome challenges, and value personal and professional growth, we want to hear from you.
Please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
Kelley Harris | Recruiter
Flynt Management Group, LLC | Hustler
8484 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 900 | Beverly Hills, CA 90211
Office: 323-651-5400 x7211 | Fax: 323-651-1148