GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Business marketing methods & how psychology can work... (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1310413)

NatalieK 03-15-2019 09:09 AM

marketing methods & how psychology can work...

With product sales such as TV, phones, PCs, a sale such as "January sales" or "Black Friday" can obviously work in 2 ways, and luckily for any business, there´s plenty of people to purchase the products in both situations, the person who wants to save money and the person who wants the new product.

An approaching sale usually means "end of the line stock" or "new range is coming soon". Some people will wait for the new product, knowing they will pay top price but own the latest & "best" phone or TV. However, many rush out to purchase last years product at a cheaper price, saving 50% or more & owing that product for the next few years knowing they purchased it and saved half the money.

This line of thinking will not work on with a product such as a website with videos, downloads, or clips. With a sale on a site, this gives the customer the chance to save money at the time and so waiting is not an option, receiving the same product, and in many cases purchasing now, the viewer will get to view more and more (with the updates) as the time goes past.

Instead or waiting until after the sale, the second type of person who would usually wait for that new product, is now willing to purchase early! He will get to view todays videos now and not have to wait until the up and coming sale...

2 weeks ago we decided to offer #TuesdayTreat, a discount day of 30%, this now is my front header between a changing 4 page header & I left it up through out the week..

https://i0.wp.com/www.nataliekash.co...00%2C180&ssl=1

I´ve noticed sales rising every day, yesterday alone 5 sales, over 100 & this is because of the customer who says "I´ll purchase this now, it´s only $5 more & I get what I want now".

The point I´m making, this says to me, some will wait for Tuesday, others, a great handful, the ones that want the product more than save a bit of money, are willing to pay for that product at what ever price. These people may have passed the site by, brousing, but waiting until another day or may never have returned, but because of the sale in the near future, it prompted them to purchase.

I suggest you try it for yourself, taking the product you sell and make a sale...
Quote:

"Summer Madness" coming soon... a huge 20% discount or take up a pass today & get to enjoy last weeks updates now!
let us all know how this went on your sales figures after say 2 weeks of trial...

BTW, this is a business thread and I hope trolls can stay out while site owners or dedicated affiliates who can have control over the pricing can converse & learn new strategies

Oh, this reminds me, not meaning to spam my own site here, but informing all webmasters who have affiliation with "ModelCentro", did you know you can actually change the price of all the websites you promote! On the campaign link to the site you´re setting up, you can adjust the amount of discount and vice versa, commission you lose. However, losing some of your commissions, say 20% and gain twice as many sales a day, it´s logically more profitable income!

Say you make $10 a sale, you promote say site.com for $17 & not $20, you would only get say $7 a sale, however, i´m hoping this idea will generate you twice the sales, so you should be making $14 to every usual $10 :thumbsup

so anyway to conclude, i´ve noticed this method works, let me know if it does for you & please suggest your ideas to generate more sales & more income. Also, hoping this thread can remain a business thread, ask any questions you have regarding sales techniques, you will not be mocked or discredited, we´re here to make a living & pay for the new car :) :thumbsup

ghjghj 03-15-2019 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GspotProductions (Post 22432820)
BTW, this is a business thread and I hope trolls can stay out

Brands market themselves

NatalieK 03-15-2019 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghjghj (Post 22432945)
Brands market themselves

yes you can be quite right, using seo and the right words to describe what´s being sold, a decent brand can market itself.

I´m hoping every year we double our sales, i´d like 10000 sales a month within a few years...

we can all set reachable goals and hope :thumbsup

ghjghj 03-15-2019 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GspotProductions (Post 22433052)
yes you can be quite right, using seo and the right words to describe what´s being sold, a decent brand can market itself.

Indeed. Successful brands don't sell the product so much as the perceived status that accompanies ownership. Think Rolex and just how optional advertising is for them. Look at Coca-Cola. Disregard the competition. Focus on having a superior product that sells itself purely on its merits. :thumbsup

NatalieK 03-15-2019 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghjghj (Post 22433060)
Indeed. Successful brands don't sell the product so much as the perceived status that accompanies ownership. Think Rolex and just how optional advertising is for them. Look at Coca-Cola. Disregard the competition. Focus on having a superior product that sells itself purely on its merits. :thumbsup

although, with something like coca cola, this is down to the distribution, a marketing design of its own. Having a small fridge by a payment counter will up the sales on that product as is chewing gum & other key targets.

With Rolex, you´re right in saying it´s a merit, also a statement to wear one...

I have said time and time again, my site sells at a higher ratio than many other sites & I believe if every webmaster placed a simple text link at the top or bottom of their site or blog, I believe they would see a sale to every 100 clicks, but then this is only my word of mouth. There are a couple of webmasters here tried my site to see if I was correct and proven, yes I was, although one, who I will remain unnamed unless they come forward, but actually only sent about 20 hits a day, but then received back a few sales over the week or 2...

hopefully this webmaster and others may start to make money with my site and we can all make money together :thumbsup

Rochard 03-15-2019 01:40 PM

I find the way they market items to be amusing. And they've gotten smart about it.

I don't always need to have the latest and greatest. I get a cell phone and I use it until it dies, and then I'll upgrade - and even then I don't need the latest model.

I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 that is long over due for an upgrade. I am thinking about it. I watch the sales and I see a lot of ads for them. The latest model is a Surface Pro 6, but if I found a Surface Pro 5 at a great price I would so buy it.

I know exactly what you mean. I see the new models coming out and I could care less - I would be more interested in buying a older model at a cheaper price.

NatalieK 03-15-2019 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rochard (Post 22433077)
I find the way they market items to be amusing. And they've gotten smart about it.

I don't always need to have the latest and greatest. I get a cell phone and I use it until it dies, and then I'll upgrade - and even then I don't need the latest model.

I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 that is long over due for an upgrade. I am thinking about it. I watch the sales and I see a lot of ads for them. The latest model is a Surface Pro 6, but if I found a Surface Pro 5 at a great price I would so buy it.

I know exactly what you mean. I see the new models coming out and I could care less - I would be more interested in buying a older model at a cheaper price.

yes Rochard, so you´re the type of person who would prefer to wait, you´ll come back in a few weeks and will purchase that product. This is great for a future sale for any business. With my idea of pre advertising sales, the sale must happen & this is when you would come back as a fan of that product :thumbsup

NatalieK 03-16-2019 04:13 PM

it would be great for more input from real webmasters, this isn´t a political thread and definitely business...

:2 cents: