GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Is Obama not getting enough credit for the current economy? (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1303316)

$5 submissions 09-07-2018 02:53 PM

Is Obama not getting enough credit for the current economy?

If you planted the seed, should you get credited when the plant that came from that seed bears fruit?

What about the fact that the plant was growing at a healthy clip when you were in charge of it before the hand over?

Put it another way, had HILLARY WON do you think the ECONOMY would have ENDED UP THIS WAY ANYWAY?

After all, Black and Latino unemployment started dropping under Obama.

How much credit should Barack get for today's economy?

Matt 26z 09-07-2018 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by $5 submissions (Post 22332119)
If you planted the seed,

Exactly what seeds did Obama plant?

kane 09-07-2018 04:31 PM

I guess it all depends on who you talk to. Democrats give him most of the credit for the economy while Trump supporters will say it is all Trump.

I feel Presidents always get too much credit for a good economy and take too much blame for a bad economy. That said, if we are assigning credit to them, I think Obama deserves a good chunk of it. He got the ball rolling and the economy was doing well and had been doing well for a while when Trump took office. Yes, he cut taxes and said things that made a lot of businesses happy so the stock market has gone up, and he does deserve some credit for it, but I kind of feel like Obama built the house, Trump came in, hung some sheet rock, painted it, and sold it for a nice profit.

I saw someone say it very well the other night when he said Obama's problem is that he didn't really know how to sell the good economy where Trump does.

$5 submissions 09-07-2018 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt 26z (Post 22332169)
Exactly what seeds did Obama plant?

Quote:

many of those trends did begin when Obama was in office, especially when it comes to job creation and overall growth. While 4.2 percent GDP growth is a robust number, Obama also reached a level of at least 4 percent four times, according to a Politifact report.
Source: Politico.com

Matt 26z 09-07-2018 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by $5 submissions (Post 22332177)
Source: Politico.com

That doesn't answer my question.

What policy seeds did Obama plant?

Rochard 09-07-2018 04:41 PM

Obama handed Trump a perfect economy with a dropping unemployment rate. Trump hasn't done ANYTHING for the economy.

Matt 26z 09-07-2018 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rochard (Post 22332183)
Obama handed Trump a perfect economy with a dropping unemployment rate. Trump hasn't done ANYTHING for the economy.

Cutting the corporate tax rate has been massive for the economy.

$5 submissions 09-07-2018 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt 26z (Post 22332186)

And also rolling back on certain types of regulations

GFED 09-07-2018 06:12 PM

Obama is nothing more than a traitor to this country.

beerptrol 09-07-2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

If you planted the seed, should you get credited when the plant that came from that seed bears fruit?

What about the fact that the plant was growing at a healthy clip when you were in charge of it before the hand over?

Put it another way, had HILLARY WON do you think the ECONOMY would have ENDED UP THIS WAY ANYWAY?

None according to Chump and his cult. It's all do to Chump

pimpmaster9000 09-07-2018 06:23 PM

nothing obama did counts...only invisible trump gains count...some shareholders and rich dudes got tax cuts and the poor will get to foot the bill....but it creates fantastic value for shareholders for a short period so MAGA! :1orglaugh:1orglaugh:1orglaugh

or MAGA any day now, it has to come because genius trump has been in office almost 2 years and the MAGA has to arrive sooner or later...not just for a few shareholders but also for the rest...any day now. :1orglaugh:1orglaugh:1orglaugh

directfiesta 09-07-2018 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt 26z (Post 22332180)
That doesn't answer my question.

What policy seeds did Obama plant?

Too bad your unknowned dad seed didn't end up on the floor of the peep show ... :2 cents::2 cents:

DukeSkywalker 09-07-2018 06:46 PM

Quote:

Following your logic, if one was to impregnate a girl and then took no active role in the childs life, and then one day he becomes steve jobs or someone similar. Would he get credit? Sticking to your logic, of course.

onwebcam 09-07-2018 06:55 PM

No......

$5 submissions 09-08-2018 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DukeSkywalker (Post 22332245)
Following your logic, if one was to impregnate a girl and then took no active role in the childs life, and then one day he becomes steve jobs or someone similar. Would he get credit? Sticking to your logic, of course.

Interesting application of my logic. But keep in mind that under O, the economy (AT TIMES) hit 4% quarterly growth rates....

lock 09-08-2018 01:16 AM

Everyone can turn a blind eye to the good Obama did for America. It is all been reversed now so we can go back to thinking how we did before. If you think it is great good for you rest of world just sees it as a slogan.

thommy 09-08-2018 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by $5 submissions (Post 22332220)
And also rolling back on certain types of regulations

and that there havenīt been regulations produced the last crisis.

I donīt know why people are only looking at numbers and not on the reasons behind the numbers.

even when obama was still in office the US economy was starting to overheat.
instead of doing something against that trump used the running horse and even gave more speed.

the "boom" you actually see is caused by loans of the lower income group.
the number of high risk loans is near the number it have been short before the crash.

visa, amex and other credit based business is booming. also the car industry sold a lot - but they sold it to people who can not pay back.

as the interest have to increase if US donīt want to risk a huge problem, many plans to buy a house have been realized now as long as interest is low.
that produced a boom in new house sales and construction jobs.

this boom was ending already in july when new house sales MASSIVLY went down.
the already ordered houses are not build yet - so the hobs for that will be here for another few months. after that they will be gone.

all high economy phases in the US history have been finance from the upper 40% income group. this one is financed by the lower 60%. that means that many of them will be unable to pay back the loans for their cars and houses.
this cars and houses will go to the selling market when the debtors canīt pay back.

as every child should know, prices are falling in a market where there is more supply than demand. fewer new houses are bought and built - fewer new cars are bought and built - even more people lose their jobs and are no longer able to pay back their loans.

here are a few good written articles about that:

https://business.financialpost.com/news/economy/mortgages-auto-loans-and-credit-card-debt-how-the-poor-are-bolstering-the-u-s-economy

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-l...-idUSKBN1L21T4

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/worl...gain-1.3620641

so what the people here celebrate as "trumpīs victory" is a worrying sign that knows only one way: directly against the wall.

what trump is doing here is nothing new and it has been done a thousand times. it seems like only the following are remembered but not the path that led there.

unfortunately, voters in the majority are stupid and they don't understand the rules of the economy. so they will let themselves be blinded by it over and over again if someone tells them he knows the numbers of the lottery of next week.

$5 submissions 09-08-2018 03:42 PM

Is the article below BS? Please share facts

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...irst-600-days/

Acepimp 09-08-2018 04:36 PM

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...ab&oe=5C283CC6

:1orglaugh:1orglaugh

TheSquealer 09-08-2018 06:20 PM

https://i.imgur.com/KKzZEWe.jpg

thommy 09-09-2018 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by $5 submissions (Post 22332534)

normally i do not even have to open it to know it is BS because the source is a well known BS-source. far right with no journalist intention and more fake news than breitbart.

you can not compare the first 600 days from obama and trump.
this comparison is the same as comparing 2 marathon runners where one started at the beginning of the course and the other 5 yards before the finish line.

the economy in US had already signs of overheating when obama was still in office.
A smart next president would have done something about it instead of fuelling the fire further.

the dow is already on the way back and nearly 2000 points under january. that the difference is not even greater is due to the fact that the big companies buy back their own shares with the money they got from trump. since they can't do this in silence, it happens in official exchange trading and influences the trading curves.

neither private nor institutional investors are currently a stock market indicator according to goldman sachs. the market is only driven by share buybacks and still declines slightly. Seriously, what do you think will happen when the 1 trillion is gone?

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/06/comp...ar-to-kee.html

i donīt know why you give a big party with the banks loan and celebrate the "good condition". you are not in good condition because you celebrate with loaned money.
but you will not believe it anyway - on the day when it comes to paying back you will search for another guilty.

Sarn 09-09-2018 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSquealer (Post 22332575)

:1orglaugh:1orglaugh:1orglaugh:thumbsup

BaldBastard 09-09-2018 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by $5 submissions (Post 22332534)

before you read that read this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_..._United_States

It amazes me how most American's ( certainly Trump supporters ) were blissfully unaware the USA was even in recession, if you did you'd know why it took so long to get out of it and why restrictive regulations in many ways was all from stopping the country going down the gurgle. Once that debt was paid down, then they could be lifted.

But Trumps lifted them already which leaves the usa with its ass raw ready to be fucked if interest rates start raising because of the high debt you carry.

Per capita Australia borrowed as much as the USA and followed a similar pattern to get out of the recession.. but we've spent the last two years paying that down, while Trumps been increasing yours. It's nothing less than economic suicide. Right now the USA is booming! But so are numerous other countries that have done sweet fuck all, where as Trump has smashed every piggy bank the USA has and then borrowed on top of that.. to maintain average stats, compared to others.

next year there's no piggy banks for him to smash.. where's they money going to come from, China?

Most Tramp supporters seem to think China is paying tariffs now, China don't pay a fucking cent.. its YOU the consumer that pays and the American Government collects the TAX that YOU have paid on these imported goods.

huey 09-09-2018 08:46 AM

QE helped Obama a lot. He was given a shit hand to start with but having trillions added to the economy never hurts.

Busty2 09-09-2018 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBaldBastard (Post 22332699)

It amazes me how most American's ( certainly Trump supporters ) were blissfully unaware the USA was even in recession, if you did you'd know why it took so long to get out of it and why restrictive regulations in many ways was all from stopping the country going down the gurgle. Once that debt was paid down, then they could be lifted.

But Trumps lifted them already which leaves the usa with its ass raw ready to be fucked if interest rates start raising because of the high debt you carry.

Per capita Australia borrowed as much as the USA and followed a similar pattern to get out of the recession.. but we've spent the last two years paying that down, while Trumps been increasing yours. It's nothing less than economic suicide. Right now the USA is booming! But so are numerous other countries that have done sweet fuck all, where as Trump has smashed every piggy bank the USA has and then borrowed on top of that.. to maintain average stats, compared to others.

next year there's no piggy banks for him to smash.. where's they money going to come from, China?

Most Tramp supporters seem to think China is paying tariffs now, China don't pay a fucking cent.. its YOU the consumer that pays and the American Government collects the TAX that YOU have paid on these imported goods.

Well said
The savings i would have made due to the reduction in corporate taxes is wiped out completely by my the majority of my material and machinery costing between 15-25% more. In outer words thank to the idiot in chief it will probably cost me around 15% more this year to do business in the USA. And Chump wonders why Harley Davidson and others move manufacturing to other countries ?

dyna mo 09-09-2018 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBaldBastard (Post 22332699)

where do you come up with this gibberish? Most Americans weren't aware we were in a recession? How fucking stupid is that to exclaim. very.

dafuck,
Australian debt surges as world pares back: IMF

Australia’s government debt has risen faster since the global financial crisis than the debt of almost any other country, International Monetary Fund figures show.
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...cf58d98354bbd2

fucking finger pointers........

BaldBastard 09-09-2018 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dyna mo (Post 22332717)
where do you come up with this gibberish? Most Americans weren't aware we were in a recession? How fucking stupid is that to exclaim. very.

dafuck,

Australia’s government debt has risen faster since the global financial crisis than the debt of almost any other country, International Monetary Fund figures show.

That's a Murdoch paper your linking to... ^^

The debt is actually lower as a percentage, but because the economy has been flying the over all sum has increased if that makes sense. Also we are through the recession and now starting on infrastructure building, money borrowed is being used for that.. not paying back China ;) Government here is swimming in cash, its sickening really.

dyna mo 09-09-2018 09:40 AM

riiiiiiiiiiight, when it doesn't fit into your narrative claim it's fake news and return to pointing your finger at US.

BaldBastard 09-09-2018 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dyna mo (Post 22332727)
riiiiiiiiiiight, when it doesn't fit into your narrative claim it's fake news and return to pointing your finger at US.

well, from the same article you linked...

"The IMF predicts this year will be the peak for Australian gross debt at 41.7 per cent of GDP, before a decline to 32.2 per cent over the next five years."

"the government is no longer borrowing to finance daily running costs but just to cover infrastructure investments."

---

trump hasn't even announced the infrastructure build, and that's going to be a shit load of debt on top of your shit load of debt.. And there is NOTHING on the horizon that your debt is going to decline only increase.

Which gives me finger pointing advantage ;P

BaldBastard 09-09-2018 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busty2 (Post 22332710)
Well said
The savings i would have made due to the reduction in corporate taxes is wiped out completely by my the majority of my material and machinery costing between 15-25% more. In outer words thank to the idiot in chief it will probably cost me around 15% more this year to do business in the USA. And Chump wonders why Harley Davidson and others move manufacturing to other countries ?

Give with one hand and take with the other, its how Governments work isn't

Tariffs are just another tax, its not paid for by China but the American consumer, the manufacturer in China still makes the same.

dyna mo 09-09-2018 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBaldBastard (Post 22332734)
well, from the same article you linked...

"The IMF predicts this year will be the peak for Australian gross debt at 41.7 per cent of GDP, before a decline to 32.2 per cent over the next five years."

"the government is no longer borrowing to finance daily running costs but just to cover infrastructure investments."

---

trump hasn't even announced the infrastructure build, and that's going to be a shit load of debt on top of your shit load of debt.. And there is NOTHING on the horizon that your debt is going to decline only increase.

Which gives me finger pointing advantage ;P

I've never claimed we are not a target. Of course the most successful country on the planet gets attacked. What makes that worse for foreign finger pointers is that we do things our own way and plenty of US know the rest of the world doesn't get that/has a problem with that/thinks we need to change to suit them/disregards their own world to hyper-criticize US.

I'd like to be high5ing you on AUS, instead I've been forced to defend against finger pointing.

dyna mo 09-09-2018 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBaldBastard (Post 22332737)

Tariffs are just another tax, its not paid for by China but the American consumer, the manufacturer in China still makes the same.

It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more complicated than that.

https://www.economist.com/united-sta...ys-for-tariffs

you anti-Americans all have that in common btw, you have to dumb down your position to weaponize it against US. you, thommy, serbie, all do it.

BaldBastard 09-09-2018 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dyna mo (Post 22332739)
I've never claimed we are not a target. Of course the most successful country on the planet gets attacked. What makes that worse for foreign finger pointers is that we do things our own way and plenty of US know the rest of the world doesn't get that/has a problem with that/thinks we need to change to suit them/disregards their own world to hyper-criticize US.

I'd like to be high5ing you on AUS, instead I've been forced to defend against finger pointing.

I'm not hyper-criticizing the USA, I'm criticizing your current leader/ political party's fiscal policy because it fails, we get hit as well. Its easy to get absorbed in to your own countries politics and news, I just want to point out that other countries are doing equally as well if not more than then USA, with basically no tax payer funded fiscal stimulus.

BTW.. again, I'm not anti-American, I'm anti Chinese

dyna mo 09-09-2018 10:55 AM

I've highlighted plenty of times when you attack US. you know that, and others agree.

hypercritical = excessively critical combined with an inability to acknowledge positives. That's required in any legitimate argument, btw, in order to put forth an effective argument the arguer must concede points of the opposite side.

you 3 do not do that at all. there is nothing good about America according to you, thommy, and serbie- other than an occasional Avengers movie.

pimpmaster9000 09-09-2018 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dyna mo (Post 22332739)

dropper, you invite yourselves to criticism because you are the worlds biggest shit sniffers...americans can not stop sniffing other peoples assholes, they simply must intrude in your life no matter where you are on the planet and sniff your shit...

notice how nobody here criticizes switzerland for example?

the swiss never sniff your butthole this is why....they mind their own business...not like americans...nooooooo they have to sniff sniff sniff and when you ask why is your nose sniffing my butthole you are like "youre anti american! america! yeah!"

trust me dropper, the moment america fucks off with its foreign policy and financial terrorism and invasions, is the moment you can enjoy your mickey mouse north korean brainwash and not be criticized by others who are wondering what you will do next to fuck up life for others...

this is the only reason...it is not anti US, it is YOU who are anti world...

$5 submissions 09-09-2018 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huey (Post 22332703)
QE helped Obama a lot. He was given a shit hand to start with but having trillions added to the economy never hurts.

Do you think QE laid the seeds for an eventual financial collapse a few years from now? Or is there NO DOWNSIDE?

dyna mo 09-09-2018 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crucifissio (Post 22332774)
dropper, you invite yourselves to criticism because you are the worlds biggest shit sniffers...americans can not stop sniffing other peoples assholes, they simply must intrude in your life no matter where you are on the planet and sniff your shit...

notice how nobody here criticizes switzerland for example?

the swiss never sniff your butthole this is why....they mind their own business...not like americans...nooooooo they have to sniff sniff sniff and when you ask why is your nose sniffing my butthole you are like "youre anti american! america! yeah!"

trust me dropper, the moment america fucks off with its foreign policy and financial terrorism and invasions, is the moment you can enjoy your mickey mouse north korean brainwash and not be criticized by others who are wondering what you will do next to fuck up life for others...

this is the only reason...it is not anti US, it is YOU who are anti world...

your anti-American hatred blinds you to reality. the fact is switzerland isn't the leader of the free world. if you (east) euro tards wouldn't keep starting World Wars, the USA would have never been forced into being leaders of the Free world. But you gave us that job.

Rochard 09-09-2018 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt 26z (Post 22332186)

Has it really? Did we see a big boost after the tax cut? Did we see any change after the tax cut?

We had a massive tax cut - which we will pay for eventually - and yet we still do not have a GDP as high as when Obama was in office?

$5 submissions 09-09-2018 06:12 PM

The key question involves CUTTING SPENDING....

thommy 09-10-2018 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dyna mo (Post 22332717)

dafuck,

are you really too dumb to find facts ?

AUS Dept as of GDP 31.57%
AUS national debt per citizen $17,443

US Dept as of GDP 107,77 %
UD national dept per citizen $65,633

so either you have no idea what you are talking about or you are a very bad liar.

dyna mo 09-10-2018 02:07 PM

Thommy the dumbfuck is too fucking dumb to realize that gibberish he just posted has nothing to do with the article I linked that he's quoting.

That's because his hatred blinds him to reality.

pimpmaster9000 09-10-2018 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dyna mo (Post 22332796)
your anti-American hatred blinds you to reality. the fact is switzerland isn't the leader of the free world. if you (east) euro tards wouldn't keep starting World Wars, the USA would have never been forced into being leaders of the Free world. But you gave us that job.

Leaders of the free world do not use chemical weapons on farmers for a decade and drop more bombs than all world wars on one country in the name of "democracy"...leaders of the free world do not invade more countries than the roman empire or invade over oil and lies...leaders of the free world do not impoverish billions with their economic terrorism sanctions...

Germany is the leader of the free world...you are not...one day maybe but not any time soon...

Oh and its precious that you bomb the world like nobody in history but you accuse others of hate LOL

huey 09-10-2018 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by $5 submissions (Post 22332791)
Do you think QE laid the seeds for an eventual financial collapse a few years from now? Or is there NO DOWNSIDE?

The down side is that most people don't even know what QE is and do not realize they are bailing out huge banks and companies that fucked them in the first place.

GFED 09-10-2018 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by $5 submissions (Post 22332791)

Indeed it did, but the tax cuts and deregulations can be considered another form of QE.

Phoenix 09-11-2018 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rochard (Post 22332183)

Was nice of Obama to arrange for the stock market to sky rocket the moment trump took power

BaldBastard 09-11-2018 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix (Post 22333531)
Was nice of Obama to arrange for the stock market to sky rocket the moment trump took power

It was nice of the American tax payer to fund it considering its going to take a few generations to pay back.

DBS.US 09-11-2018 06:21 AM

Obama is gone, move on.

Rochard 09-11-2018 08:54 AM

Could you imagine if Trump walked into office with a 10% unemployment rate, people losing houses, and businesses going under?

$5 submissions 09-11-2018 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huey (Post 22333413)
The down side is that most people don't even know what QE is and do not realize they are bailing out huge banks and companies that fucked them in the first place.

But besides that... is there no downside in printing up cash and using it to buy up toxic assets? What about MORAL HAZARD? Seems like a big fat GOVERNMENT SUBSIDY for BAD PRIVATE INDUSTRY DECISIONS! Socialize the risks (through bailouts) but PRIVATIZE the profits... is that a good idea?

onwebcam 09-11-2018 05:34 PM

Obama: The shitty economy during my Admin was Bush's fault.
Obama: The current great economy during Trump's Admin is my doing.