GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum

GoFuckYourself.com - Adult Webmaster Forum (https://gfy.com/index.php)
-   Fucking Around & Business Discussion (https://gfy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   This is how the economy begins to crash (https://gfy.com/showthread.php?t=1300676)

Rochard 06-29-2018 08:47 AM

This is how the economy begins to crash

Mid Continent Nail Factory, one of the country's largest manufacturers of nails, has seen a 50% drop in orders since June 1st. This is because of the tariffs against Mexico Trump announced, and the Mid Continent Nail Factory gets it's material from (you guessed it) Mexico.

Since 2012 the company had doubled it's workforce. Over 60 employees were laid off, and the other 500 jobs are at risk. The economy is booming - thanks Obama - but this company is going to go out of business.

But it doesn't stop there. It steamrolls. SEMO Boxing - which provides the boxes to Mid Continent Nail Factory - has seen a huge drop in orders for boxes, and now they have laid off people. You can bet local transportation companies have seen a hit too, as well as local restaurants - you can't eat out if you are laid off.

The best part is.... They still support trump.

“I know what affects me, and the tariffs are hurting me on a daily basis — I’d like to see relief,” Coffer told NBC News. “I still have faith in the president. I believe he knows what he’s doing and can turn everything around for us.”

They just don't get it. Their company doubled in size under the Obama administration as we came out of the recession, but no worries, trump will fix everything.

Ass.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...s-last-n887516

BaldBastard 06-29-2018 08:52 AM

Donald could only be a billionaire under Obama, but he's going to be a trillionaire under Trump! MAGNA

onwebcam 06-29-2018 08:57 AM

You know liberals have nothing when 2 use the same company laying of temp employees as an example of the sky falling within days.

Rochard 06-29-2018 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onwebcam (Post 22296063)
You know liberals have nothing when 2 use the same company laying of temp employees as an example of the sky falling within days.

This is what pops up on my news feed. I don't go looking for it. But I keep seeing similar articles. I'll keep posting them here for you.

onwebcam 06-29-2018 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rochard (Post 22296069)
This is what pops up on my news feed. Facebook knows I will click on any clickbait that says Trump doom and gloom. Russia, Russia, Russia

Fixed. :thumbsup

dyna mo 06-29-2018 09:32 AM

No, it's not.

GFED 06-29-2018 09:41 AM

Importing a few million more illegals will fix everything. :thumbsup

onwebcam 06-29-2018 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GFED (Post 22296104)

As long as they are packing metal apparently.

JFK 06-29-2018 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dyna mo (Post 22296096)
No, it's not.

you sure ? :Graucho

crockett 06-29-2018 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rochard (Post 22296057)
Mid Continent Nail Factory, one of the country's largest manufacturers of nails, has seen a 50% drop in orders since June 1st. This is because of the tariffs against Mexico Trump announced, and the Mid Continent Nail Factory gets it's material from (you guessed it) Mexico.

Since 2012 the company had doubled it's workforce. Over 60 employees were laid off, and the other 500 jobs are at risk. The economy is booming - thanks Obama - but this company is going to go out of business.

But it doesn't stop there. It steamrolls. SEMO Boxing - which provides the boxes to Mid Continent Nail Factory - has seen a huge drop in orders for boxes, and now they have laid off people. You can bet local transportation companies have seen a hit too, as well as local restaurants - you can't eat out if you are laid off.

“I know what affects me, and the tariffs are hurting me on a daily basis — I’d like to see relief,” Coffer told NBC News. “I still have faith in the president. I believe he knows what he’s doing and can turn everything around for us.”

They just don't get it. Their company doubled in size under the Obama administration as we came out of the recession, but no worries, trump will fix everything.

Ass.

“I still have faith in the president. I believe he knows what he’s doing and can turn everything around for us.”

This is exactly why you can not reason with these people. Their politics is a religion, the Republican party has done wonders turning their brand into a Religion. You can't speak logically with religious people if you are telling them their religion is wrong. They shut down and revert into defense of their Jesus messiah..

They will blame Obama or make excuses saying it would have been worse if Hillary was POTUS.. Anything to not blame themselves or their current day Messiah..

RedFred 06-29-2018 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GFED (Post 22296104)

Are they taking your fruit picking jobs or are they gang members and rapists?

dyna mo 06-29-2018 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JFK (Post 22296111)
you sure ? :Graucho

rochard said elsewhere that he owns "several" businesses, those must be beginning to crash too, according to his logic then.

Nevertheless, it's wrong to make sky is falling assumptions based on this. Historically, trade wars don't cause economic crashes in and of themselves.

:)

DraX 06-29-2018 10:18 AM

Quote:

If the road of too many layoffs continues it will eventually become a severe problem for Trump and America. That's how open minded and honest I can be.

Rochard 06-29-2018 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crockett (Post 22296118)
“I still have faith in the president. I believe he knows what he’s doing and can turn everything around for us.”

This is exactly why you can not reason with these people. Their politics is a religion, the Republican party has done wonders turning their brand into a Religion. You can't speak logically with religious people if you are telling them their religion is wrong. They shut down and revert into defense of their Jesus messiah..

They will blame Obama or make excuses saying it would have been worse if Hillary was POTUS.. Anything to not blame themselves or their current day Messiah..

This is my point. Their company doubled in size under Obama. Their company lost 50% of their sales and laid off sixty people directly because of Trump yet they still support him. WTF?

Rochard 06-29-2018 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dyna mo (Post 22296123)
rochard said elsewhere that he owns "several" businesses, those must be beginning to crash too, according to his logic then.

:)

I own two small mainstream companies. It's the end of the month and I've been pouring over the numbers and every month we are still growing - not much, but still growing.

But I am not producing anything. I am in the service industry. Tariffs aren't going to effect me.

dyna mo 06-29-2018 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rochard (Post 22296192)
I own two small mainstream companies. It's the end of the month and I've been pouring over the numbers and every month we are still growing - not much, but still growing.

But I am not producing anything. I am in the service industry. Tariffs aren't going to effect me.

the point is as a business owner you should look at your own businesses and reach your own conclusions on how the economy is doing.

a nail co getting screwed by trump isn't a valid indicator for the economy as a whole or yourself. If things are going well for you, you can realize that and maybe even start a thread about how well things are going for you IN SPITE of trump.

I know as a business owner, I'm fucking stoked right now. IN SPITE of trump. I'm not letting that guy screw me.

Bladewire 06-29-2018 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rochard (Post 22296189)
This is my point. Their company doubled in size under Obama. Their company lost 50% of their sales and laid off sixty people directly because of Trump yet they still support him. WTF?

Facts are like poison to Trump supporters and they will battle to the death trying attack facts that showcase Trump's failures.

Vendzilla 06-29-2018 02:46 PM

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...oiding-tariffs
some plants are opening

Rochard 06-29-2018 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendzilla (Post 22296293)

How do you not fucking get this?

YOUR President is putting tariffs on other countries, which is supposed to target the businesses of other countries. Instead, they walk around the tariffs and the only companies that get hurt is American companies.

So much for America first.

Mr Pheer 06-29-2018 04:12 PM

More bleak financial tales of impending doom and gloom, as foretold by the world's leading economist Rochard.

Bladewire 06-29-2018 04:54 PM

k0nr4d 06-30-2018 06:27 AM

Quote:

Ass.

These companies will be forced to source their materials elsewhere. They're not going to just pack up shop. Where's the interview from the owner of a company that provides materials for nails? I bet he's doing better and had to hire more people.

Rochard 06-30-2018 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k0nr4d (Post 22296573)
These companies will be forced to source their materials elsewhere. They're not going to just pack up shop. Where's the interview from the owner of a company that provides materials for nails? I bet he's doing better and had to hire more people.

If it was just a simple matter of getting a different supplier don't you think they would have done that before laying off sixty employees?

Rochard 06-30-2018 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Pheer (Post 22296332)
More bleak financial tales of impending doom and gloom, as foretold by the world's leading economist Rochard.

All of my news feeds are telling me the same thing:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/general...nd-fewer-jobs/

dyna mo 06-30-2018 08:29 AM

there's nothing in that article that supports your sad view that the economy is beginning to crash.

Rochard 06-30-2018 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dyna mo (Post 22296617)
there's nothing in that article that supports your sad view that the economy is beginning to crash.

A business that doubled under Obama is now laying off dozens and dozens and dozens of people due to Trump's policies.

This is how it starts. The article about a company that produces nails. The article also mentions a box company, that is now producing less boxes because of they are producing less nails - more jobs lost. The companies that shipped the boxes to the nail company, and then shipped the nails to where ever are now laying off because they have fifty percent less business from one customer. Now this begins to impact local businesses. There are six people laid off at the box company, other people laid off at the box company, and then people will be laid off at the shipping companies. Now the local gas stations will be making less money. Because of all this, less people are employed, and less people are buying cars, and less people are eating out. Now the car dealers are selling less cars, and restaurants are selling less food.

This is how it starts. One company saw a 50% reduction in sales, and it affected a second company. Other companies are affected too. And so on.

Now multiple this by Harley Davidson. Then Carrier. Then Caterpillar. Then Chevy. And so on.

Trump has started a full on trade war with ALL of our partners. American businesses are going to suffer, prices are going to go up. Who is going to fix this? The self proclaimed "great negotiator" who after nearly two years in office has yet to negotiate a single deal?

#winning.

BaldBastard 06-30-2018 08:55 AM

GM warns on car tariffs: Customers will feel impact

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...ll-feel-impact

The largest U.S. automaker added that tariffs risk leading to fewer American jobs, not more, and lower wages.

dyna mo 06-30-2018 08:57 AM

feel free to be as doom & gloom as you are but I know better.

I can tell you as a business owner, that kind of gloomy attitude will doom your business.

BaldBastard 06-30-2018 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dyna mo (Post 22296625)

I can tell you as a business owner, that kind of gloomy attitude will doom your business.

But its not me being doomy I'm just posting a link,

Foxnews hailed by Trump supporters as the only legitimate news source in the USA posted it as an quote from General Motors one of America's biggest companies.

So If I'm being doomy, you agree that GM and Foxnews are as well? And at what point do you accept it? When GM and Fox news say so??? or are you waiting for CNN and a fairy wand maker to announce it?

Trump himself stated that his tax cuts only benefited 6 million of 325million, that's 1.84% of Americans..

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...59156426670083

dyna mo 06-30-2018 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBaldBastard (Post 22296628)
But its not me being doomy I'm just posting a link,

Foxnews hailed by Trump supporters as the only legitimate news source in the USA posted it as an quote from General Motors one of America's biggest companies.

So If I'm being doomy, you agree that GM and Foxnews are as well? And at what point do you accept it? When GM and Fox news say so??? or are you waiting for CNN and a fairy wand maker to announce it?

i was referring to the post above your's. sorry for the confusion.

yes, i agree that the news media is doom & gloom.

shake 06-30-2018 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dyna mo (Post 22296625)

I feel it's a great time to make money now, but I'm being conservative and saving in case of another real estate crash. Love to get some more investment properties if that happens. The next stage of market cycle is coming, possibly being sped along by some poor choices in government. :2 cents: Personally, it's excitement, not doom and gloom.

dyna mo 06-30-2018 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBaldBastard (Post 22296628)
And at what point do you accept it? When GM and Fox news say so??? or are you waiting for CNN and a fairy wand maker to announce it?

accept what? that things are going great for me and business right now? I do accept that.

why would I deny reality in favor of a news article? I wouldn't.

dyna mo 06-30-2018 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shake (Post 22296631)
I feel it's a great time to make money now, but I'm being conservative and saving in case of another real estate crash. Love to get some more investment properties if that happens. The next stage of market cycle is coming, possibly being sped along by some poor choices in government. :2 cents: Personally, it's excitement, not doom and gloom.

YES!!!!!! totally agree. regardless of who is potus.

crockett 06-30-2018 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shake (Post 22296631)

It's not excellent for most people. A hell of a lot of people in this country had their retirements wiped out with the last crash. Yes, in times of turmoil money can be made, but you shouldn't wish for it.. That's a very shallow outlook to have..

dyna mo 06-30-2018 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crockett (Post 22296636)
It's not excellent for most people. A hell of a lot of people in this country had their retirements wiped out with the last crash. Yes, in times of turmoil money can be made, but you shouldn't wish for it.. That's a very shallow outlook to have..

but it's not turmoil economically. Sure, there's a lot of political turmoil, but our economy is not currently in turmoil.

GFED 06-30-2018 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedFred (Post 22296121)
Are they taking your fruit picking jobs or are they gang members and rapists?

What's the cost of living in your liberal shithole? How many homeless people do you see on the street every day? Why do you support putting more Americans on the street while giving illegals free housing and welfare?

Bladewire 06-30-2018 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GFED (Post 22296644)
What's the cost of living in your liberal shithole? How many homeless people do you see on the street every day? Why do you support putting more Americans on the street while giving illegals free housing and welfare?

I know you didn't ask me but I live in conservative Orange County, California. I pay $2,500 a month.

85% of illegal household have a worker in the household. California & Texas have the countries 2 highest GDP's and are very immigrant friendly.

I believe laws should be followed. I believe that if you want to become legal in America you should have to learn the language first. If you're illegal you need to start the process of being legal, if you fail or commit crimes, you're out. I don't believe in sanctuary cities either.

The difference between a "legal" citizen and "illegal" citizen is paperwork. Something I feel is important to remember. Paperwork

You can have all the qualifications to be a legal citizen but our system is so backlogged that it takes YEARS to process the paperwork. That's on us as a country, that's our fault. People who don't even file the paperwork that's on them.

Rochard 06-30-2018 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dyna mo (Post 22296630)
i was referring to the post above your's. sorry for the confusion.

yes, i agree that the news media is doom & gloom.

We've never met in person to the best of my knowledge. I am, by far, one of the most optimistic people you will ever meet. I wake up in the morning with solid wood in my pants and a smile on face and physically leap out of bed.

The recession wiped out my hometown. We were the fastest growing city in the country when the recession hit - All of those new houses had new loans and ended up vacant. In my home town they physically built buildings - restaurants - and then stopped half way... And eventually removed them.

I don't want this to happen again. The President has removed all of the protections we put in place after the last recession, and now it seems like he is doing everything possible to hurt businesses.

dyna mo 06-30-2018 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rochard (Post 22296736)
We've never met in person to the best of my knowledge. I am, by far, one of the most optimistic people you will ever meet. I wake up in the morning with solid wood in my pants and a smile on face and physically leap out of bed.

The recession wiped out my hometown. We were the fastest growing city in the country when the recession hit - All of those new houses had new loans and ended up vacant. In my home town they physically built buildings - restaurants - and then stopped half way... And eventually removed them.

I don't want this to happen again. The President has removed all of the protections we put in place after the last recession, and now it seems like he is doing everything possible to hurt businesses.

we've hung out among other people at a couple ynot mexico retreats. I mostly hung out with Steve at events, if I hung out with an LS guy. I never really saw him and you together.

The thing is, the economy will take a shit again. who knows how bad downturns can turn into. Sure, these few issues could be the beginning of the end. or not. In the meantime, your business is going well right? work hard and enjoy it and maybe that will help prolong the length to the next crash/bubble.

I read the same articles, I rely on the fact that my business is doing well to see past them.

TheSquealer 06-30-2018 03:24 PM

The left: Everything is horrible. Everything is getting worse. Everything that's ever done is completely wrong. Everyone thats not us is full of hate. Everyone that is not us is evil. Everything that Trump does is wrong and only makes everything worse and we have no plan to do anything at all other than meaningless expressions of ineptitude like "resist"

Also left: we cant get anyone to watch MSNBC or CNN anymore and we've been booted out of almost every government across the nation and continue to lose voters and contributions are hitting record lows heading into the med-terms... i wonder why that is.

Thank fucking christ you guys are in charge of marketing anything today other than non-plans and non-ideas. If we relied on Democrats to sell anything of consequence, no one would buy it. If "Democrat Party" was a soft drink, you'd be the generic brand up against Coca Cola. And while coke would be furiously busying themselves with effective messaging and gobbling up market share, you guys would just be talking about whats wrong with Coke, whats wrong with coke drinkers, why all coke drinkers are evel, why coke is evil all day long never getting that you can't market a product and get people to buy in when you can't express any value at all in what you offer... and fail completely to do so.

You guys should have learned from Obama that winning an election can be as simple as talking about ambiguous ideas like "Hope" and "Change" without being specific. You guys can't even fucking do that much these days. Your only message is "from bad to worse" and no one is going to buy that.... not ever.

Bladewire 06-30-2018 03:34 PM

The majority of Americans are not for Trump

The majority of Americans did not vote Trump

If you support minority rule then you support a black president or a Latin president.

If you believe in corruption, diversion & lies then you support Trump.

So what do you support?

TheSquealer 06-30-2018 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bladewire (Post 22296773)

If you believe in minority rule then you support a black president or a Latin president.

So what do you support?

I support a world where a bunch of sniveling crybaby, over emotional, hysterical pussies don't have to run around screaming "nazi" and "racist" to shout down any discussion pertaining to actually doing something.

I support a world where "the other side" actually has a compelling plan for positive change and a plan to do it better... rather than just preaching hate all day, everyday.

I don't support a world full of Bladeliars and Crocketts etc who can't do anything but push hate... because you have no positive ideas.

You always conveniently forget in your little fake election analysis that democrats got voted out of most state governments... so the "majority" of people clearly did not and do not support democrats, regardless of "the popular vote".

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...-to-47-percent

You should be asking yourself "what do I support" since you do nothing but lie, make false accusations and hate all day long.

Start by asking yourself why blacks and Histpanics are abandoning the Democratic party in droves right now to side with the "racists". It's YOU FUCKING IDIOTS that talk about race non stop. Not others.

Now even blacks are getting tired of it. They are tired of being used while no elected Democrat actually does anything for them... yet Democrats always assume the black vote belongs to them. It no longer does. Finally a President has actually got black unemployment numbers into an absolute record low... while you're talking about what? nazis? racists? good luck with that message.

https://i.imgur.com/bLMhM9u.jpg

#WalkAway

GFED 06-30-2018 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bladewire (Post 22296773)

If you support minority rule then you support a black president or a Latin president.

So what do you support?

https://cdn.ricochet.com/wp-content/...dace-owens.jpg

She's got my vote.

TheSquealer 06-30-2018 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GFED (Post 22296779)

She's fucking fantastic. That is a woman to love. Beautiful, strong and incredibly intelligent and articulate and not afraid to stand up for what she believes in ... when it's not going to be popular among her peers.

It takes courage to be honest... when the truth hurts.

OneHungLo 06-30-2018 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bladewire (Post 22296653)
I know you didn't ask me but I live in conservative Orange County, California. I pay $2,500 a month.

85% of illegal household have a worker in the household. California & Texas have the countries 2 highest GDP's and are very immigrant friendly.

I believe laws should be followed. I believe that if you want to become legal in America you should have to learn the language first. If you're illegal you need to start the process of being legal, if you fail or commit crimes, you're out. I don't believe in sanctuary cities either.

The difference between a "legal" citizen and "illegal" citizen is paperwork. Something I feel is important to remember. Paperwork

You can have all the qualifications to be a legal citizen but our system is so backlogged that it takes YEARS to process the paperwork. That's on us as a country, that's our fault. People who don't even file the paperwork that's on them.

Have you really even asked yourself why you're a democrat? I mean seriously...

$5 submissions 06-30-2018 05:54 PM

Is the issue really this simple?

Bladewire 06-30-2018 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneHungLo (Post 22296794)
Have you really even asked yourself why you're a democrat? I mean seriously...

I've spent 24 years raising a straight son that had more rights than me. Do you know what it's like to raise a child from birth and know that your child has more rights than you? Illegals with children born in America know how this feels. Only the Democrat party fought for me to have the same rights as my son, and now I do. Republicans are now about dividing people up and taking away rights & protections. That's not American that's fascist.

Definition of fascism

1 often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

Boozer 06-30-2018 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bladewire (Post 22296851)
I've spent 24 years raising a straight son that had more rights than me. Do you know what it's like to raise a child from birth and know that your child has more rights than you? Illegals with children born in America know how this feels. Only the Democrat party fought for me to have the same rights as my son, and now I do. Republicans are now about dividing people up and taking away rights & protections. That's not American that's fascist.

Definition of fascism

1 often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

Please, for the sake of clarity, how does your child have more rights then you do?

GFED 06-30-2018 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bladewire (Post 22296851)
Definition of fascism

Hmmm... I always thought it ment corporate control of the government. Like how our government uses corporations like Monsanto to poison our food, uses the media to spread lies and propaganda, uses Amazon, Facebook, Google, etc to spy on its citizens.

So the Queen of England is considered a fascist?

I find way too much division in politics. It's like team sports. I'd rather watch golf or pocket billiards.

brassmonkey 06-30-2018 08:11 PM

fuck yourself op. it has nothing to do with illegals. those bastards owe us! sanctions need to be made! it's on mother fuckers! the time of illegals is coming to and end! the workers sanctions is going to be gold! now to work on housing including churchs!